Kellogs Special K twice a day + Evening Meal

FatKid

I've seen the Kellogs diet advertised on TV.

You have the Kellogs Special K for breakfast, lunch, then you have an evening meal (I understand the evening meal has to be a balanced meal). :)

Has anyone done this diet before? And does anyone know if it works?

Thank you. :)

If you want to lose a lot of weight and do it healthily Id say its a bad idea. The Special K diet isnt meant to be a long term thing and really its just a faddy diet. You need to look at something more balanced and sustainable

Agree with starlight - if you have a pair of jeans which are a little uncomfortable, the special K diet will make them comfortable again - but it's not a long term fix.

A friend of mine didn't listen to my advice and did it for nearly 6 weeks - she ended up (even after 6 weeks) with the most horrendous dental problems because of the amount of sugar in special K and now has the most sensitive teeth to the point of pain.

It's not something I would recommend, like I say, unless you need a quick fix to fit into a special dress for a special occasion - and even then u need to exercise also.

The problem for me is that Special K is in no way a particularly low-calorie or healthy cereal. If you look at the ingredients list, sugar is actually one of the top 3 ingredients! It is high in calories and heavily processed. If you would like to go on a short term diet like this, in my opinion you would be far better off sticking with something like sugar-free museli, or something wholegrain like shredded wheat or good old porridge.

I am used to reading and re-reading and double checking every label as it is something I've always done, but most people aren't so I think it's such a shame that cereal companies get away with marketing these things as "healthy" or "low calorie" when in fact on closer inspection they are anything but.

:eek: Thanks for the advise on that. :)

I was only going to do it for the 2 weeks to see what happened, but I won't now. I will continue to have shreaded weat and weatabix. :D

My boyfriends mother actual did this diet. It worked for her and she didn't exercise at all. She lost 6lbs in two weeks. She ate special k for breakfast, lunch then had a normal dinner. that was it. I would recommend eating fresh veggies and fruit though. People have gotten sick from cereal diets. Offten people are so happy with what they see they don't pay attention to what they feel. Good Luck!

My manager did this for 18 months, he lost 5 stone (but did take up exercise which he did 5 days a week), and had no dental problems.

Back