Kenshins Journal

oh my godness JEZ it was amazing :D even my family loved it :D
cant believe i didnt make it earlier was amazing in every sense :D

ending the night with a pud consisting of yogurt and jelly

jez could you tell me how to make the banoffi thing with the banana :D
oh and im loving my protein shake cookies and cream flavour :D

im so hyped :D im still following the rtm booklet kind of, but w.o the help of my llc now :D

for tomorrow ive got my chocolate and peanut butter shake made :) so will be having that pre workout :D

I am so thrilled you enjoyed the casserole hun, now experiement with other meats/veg etc and just use that basic method. You will suprise yourself I am sure. The banoffi thing- I take a banana or one and a half if they are small, slice it, pop it into the frying pan (non stick) splash it with a bit of fruit juice and water, put the heat up quite high and stir around a bit until the banana is slightly softened. Sprinkle this with a bit of raisins and nuts I love pecan and almond but you might prefer something else. Then have this hot with a muller light toffee yoghurt. You could also stir in bits of chilled LL toffee bar, or just have a hot banana shake with a cold toffee bar on the side - gorgeous!!!

Jez
xx

mmmm i will try that @ some point, right now its all about experimenting, im loving frozen yogurt :D it is such a lovely thing and stops me from indulging in the ice cream :D

I want to get some from Itzu only 65 cal a portion and 100 cal for a portion with fruit!! Also look out for the "skinny cow" ice cream and frozen yoghurt!

Jez
xx

skinny cow they do ice cream?
i know they do hot choc and that, how many cal is the ice cream?

OMG - just remembered the Skinny Cow ice cream - it's divine! I remember the ice cream 'sandwiches' as well and they are only 92 cals I think. Reckon I was on about 4 a day though...

I'll check skinny cow out :D thanks ladies

01-12-2009

wow start of a new month new goals new challenges
well the years gone quick :)
today started with a black coffee
and have had a apple and pear so far :D

had a scoop of my protein shake :) after gym today
quorn mince for dinner :D
and pud will be yogurt and jelly as usual
and had a skinny capp

02-12-2009

wow edging closer and closer to xmas :D yeah yeah :D
so today woke up, it was so cold in the house decided to have a black coffee :)
than pre workout had an apple :)
done a workout in the gym was really good
afterwards had a pear :D
for dinner was chicken casserole :D lovely lovely lovely
and pud apple chopped up in yogurt :D
and alot of water throughout the day, can you believe for 20+ weeks havent touched no fizzy drink wow *pats himself on the back*

Ken - well done on the fizzy pop front.

I bought a bottle of diet coke to try in week 2 RTM. Four days in and it's still sitting in the fridge. I haven't been bothered to try it yet. Pre LL I was downing two or three cans a day. What a difference eh?

It's been a huge change for sure I must say t_i, the temptation that was once there has since gone :D so that's a very good thing, and the thing I love is my family are also eating healthy, which makes things alot easier :D parents are health concious so the good stuff has rubbed off on me finally :D

3-12-2009
today has been an up down day
had a fruit compote
black coffee x3
peanut bar

But the thing is today I have had crazy diziness and also gone very cold all of a sudden, called
my llc for a quick one why I am
feeling dizzy all
of a sudden, she goes it's a must
for me to eat 2300+ calories due to my
gym
regime

she goes it's a must
for me to eat 2300+ calories due to my
gym
regime

Take this as you will Ken but I have the best of intentions.

We all could have told you why you are feeling the cold and the cause of the dizziness!

How many times does she need to tell you you need to eat more before you listen Ken? :)

I am speaking frankly now!

You do not consume enough calories anyway let alone the fact you exercise alot!

You will end up making yourself ill Ken. You need to listen!

Kat xx

Kat thanks i think i needed a kick up my backside :D
for tomorrow im having 6 small meals but meals consisting of fats,carbs and protein :) ive got everything ready for tomorrow :D most of it based around eggs :D
the thing is i just couldn't get time to make meals so ive got everything ready now, see when on foundation it was easy pack and water thats it job done, now it takes alot of planning, but im ready and ill tell you how i get on tomorrow :D and im planning to do my gym routine first thing in the morning :D

Ken I must echo what Kat has said, we have all been worried about you for a while, you eat very little and it was bound to have an effect on you at some time. I am glad you are going to increase the calories, you need to your body will fail you otherwise. I mention in my blog quite a bit, and BL and others mention it a fair amount too. Planning is the key, yes you are busy - we all are, but even I manage to find time to prep and plan meals (lol I know it is my job) but I spend a bit of time on a weekend and prep a whole lot of soups, roast veg, sauces etc for the week ahead, so that when I come home last minute dot com I have things there that need very little prep. Plan, plan and then plan some more. On the positive side at least when you are busy you are not resorting to junk food binges when you have no time, which is always a possibility when we are hungry. Something I have learnt is that I am important, and I need to take care of me. I promised myself that I would during Abstinence, when I did my letter to myself task. I value myself enough to cook good and nutritious meals to give my body the fuel it needs. Value yourself a little honey, do a bit of shopping, prep and planning so you do not have to resort to just quick snacks of the same meals nightly. There is such a wonderful world of food out there to explore and enjoy and still be slim and healthy - try it out for size, you might just like it!!

Jez
xx

thank you JEZ you always put my a smile on my face with your einstein like thinking :D
jez i just wanted to ask, what bars from the supermarket would i be allowed to consume, just that having parted with my LLC now i wont be going back for any food packs now, would alpen or fruesli be good enough, ive made some beautiful food for tomorrow, and ill be making a peanut butter omelette :D

Yayyyyyyyy!! Ken I get so excited when I hear you are enjoying food, I want everyone to get as excited about it as I do. Bar wise, I haven't really looked at them too much, but have a look on the back of the packs and choose those with lowest sugar and fat content. Alpen is probably alright,but have a look in the health food shops too. A lot of them contain high sugar quantities. If I send you a recipe for a healthy flapjack, you could make a batch of those and eat them instead, just cut them into bars and store in an airtight tin, they keep for ages.

Jez
xx

ohhh healthy flapjack, that would be nice to top my yoghurt in the mornings when I wean myself off peanut bars! lol

Kat xx

Back