Ketosis ... dark purple stick

rainbow27

Hello
Im on day 5 of 100% ss and i know im in ketosis as i have wee'd TMI on a stick however its coming up dark purple, & after reading a few posts on this im a little worried, im not dehydrated as i have been drinking LOADS and my urine is light :D
so just wondering if anyone else has this?
thanks

I was told by my counsellor dark purple means dehydration and can be dangerous, maybe one of the counsellors on here can let you know, in the meantime maybe try to sip some extra water?

If you are drinking the recommended amount of water I'm pretty sure you are OK - but I can't say that I am an authority. Try drinking more water and test again.

When did you test? First thing in the morning, or later on in the day when you'd had a litre or so of water?

First thing in the morning, those lil ol' ketones will be concentrated so the stick will be a darker purple.

If you're drinking your 2.5 litres per day I very much doubt you're dehydrated.

Thank you for your replies
im drinking way more than 2.5 l water and i know im not dehydrated due to my wee being very light and going all the time TMI i know. i test at night about 7pm onwards will see if it dies down, i will bring it up with my CDC next time i see her.
x

Hi, I'm on LL and my ketostick shows up dark purple every week, on a Friday night. It always has, I drink at least 3ltrs of water + shakes everyday.

Everyone has a different "level", what you have to watch out for is a change in that level, that's more an indication of something being amiss :)

thanks guys x

Back