Ketosis & ketostix

@ Zosaphine - if they go deep purple hun, it means that you're dehydrated and need to drink more water - VERY important on atkins.. :)

Thanks Gemsie, I had only had one large glass of water with my breakfast before trying them out.. i've had another 2 since then, so I guess if I tested again now, they would now be just pink :D

Would they be darker for when you just start going into Ketosis than when you've been doing Atkins for some while?

Hi all, Beware if you have some old ones stored away and are thinking of getting them out to reuse- I remember from my hands on nursing days that the 'use by' date is often very short and they dont change colour accurately then, if at all.

@ Zosaphine - Not sure hun, only been on Atkins for 4 days myself, but what I have ascertained is that it is import that you drink water on atkins because of the ketones produced by the body, burning the fat. The more dehydrated you get, the more ketones are present in the blood - and therefore the urine. Hence the darker the test.
How long have you been on atkins? Have you cut out carbs completely? Aim to drink AT least 2l of water a day, any more is a bonus. :)

I wanna pee on a stick! :D

I've never used them. Maybe I should as I've never known when I'm in ketosis. My pee doesn't smell and is totally clear from the amount of water I drink. I don't get major atkins flu, breath doesn't smell (as far as i'm aware?). Only thing I do get is a funny metallicy taste in my mouth.

I might get some...

The funny metallic taste is defo a sign that you are in ketosis Mets

@ Zosaphine - Not sure hun, only been on Atkins for 4 days myself, but what I have ascertained is that it is import that you drink water on atkins because of the ketones produced by the body, burning the fat. The more dehydrated you get, the more ketones are present in the blood - and therefore the urine. Hence the darker the test.
How long have you been on atkins? Have you cut out carbs completely? Aim to drink AT least 2l of water a day, any more is a bonus. :)

I started on Monday this week, so this is Day 4 also for me... I havent cut out carbs completely but have strictly cut back on them as per the older Atkins book. Getting them now via Salad things, as too warm to cook veggies at the mo..

4 Pints of water in today now, and Ketostix now a nice light rosy pink.. so definately hit Ketosis.. hopefully will now start seeing the fat melt away (with a bit of bike riding as exercise in the evenings!).

So how are you finding it so far? What kind of things you eating/doing for exercise :)

Well done for hitting ketosis :)
Well as I type I have just got back from an hour at the gym - really pushed myself and I felt really good (although sliightly wrecked) when I left. Trying to go as much as possible, though failing that, have my Wii Fit if I can't get a babysitter. I've lost 1lb so far, which isn't a huge ammount, but will do for the time being. :D

Yes mets, it's one of the classic signs love.

I'm doing something right then!

Thats a far more definate sign than those sticks Mets!!

Just had a rant about them on the confused.com post!! :D

:D I saw there missy!!!

I am off to Boots on my way home to get some of these stix!!! I want to have pink wee! LOL

LOL! Go and have a lay down pet, you'll feel less stressed about those sticks!!! :D Oh and my pee doesn't glow??... it's just clear through the amount of water I drink. It glows on the second time I have a wee in the day, like a bright green almost! :eek: but then it's clear after that

Back