Ketosis question

** Just Jools **

Slow & steady does it!!!!
So I tested this morning & it's pink :bliss: , but it's darkish pink.

So does that mean I'm in ketosis?

My CDC said the darker shades mean I'm not drinking enough but I've had 3 litres of water each day & 3.5 litres today. I can't drink any more!! I can hear it sloshing around inside me!! lol

Will this be a problem? Is it dangerous? x

Definitely in ketosis, hun - well done. :)

It's more to do with the concentration of ketones than anything else - and I'm guessing you tested your first wee of the day?

It's likely there'd be a lot of ketones in that. :D

By the sounds of things, you're not dehydrated so I would say not to worry too much, just continue to make sure that you are having enough water.

Yipppeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

No it wasn't first of the day as CDC told me not to do that. x

mine were always dark too, nothing to worry about if youre drinking enough fluids
congrats!
x

Good article at the end of that thread :clap:

I don't give ketostix to any of my clients. They are a pain in the neck. Probably based on my experience with them as I never showed pink, yet was in ketosis. Seems that I burn ketones very efficiently :D

Flipping things though:(

BTW, not only can you get a beige reading and be in ketosis, you can also get a pink reading without burning fat stores. Wouldn't happen on this diet though.

Good article at the end of that thread :clap:

I don't give ketostix to any of my clients. They are a pain in the neck. Probably based on my experience with them as I never showed pink, yet was in ketosis. Seems that I burn ketones very efficiently :D

Flipping things though:(

BTW, not only can you get a beige reading and be in ketosis, you can also get a pink reading without burning fat stores. Wouldn't happen on this diet though.

Thanks hun. x :D

last time i did CD i used to test, i was always pale pink hubby was always dark pink, he used to drink more than i did.

this time round ive not bothered to test at all, the only time i feel a bit hungry is when my shake is due and then half the time i still dont feel hungry but just know i have to have my shake to make sure i fit them all in :)

Just wait for death breath thats when you know LOL

Well done hon on getting in Burn Fat Burn xxx

I've never bothered with the stix either. When I did Lighterlife I saw how so many variables could influence the outcome (how much water had I drunk, when did I last have some water, had I just had a shake, about to commence TOTM etc).
Lack of hunger has proven a reliable indicator that all is going well!
Good Luck x

Back