Ketosis Question

like_a_feather

Thinking Thin!
Hi All

I think the gravity of what I am doing has sunk in and I have started to feel very anxious about Ketosis (it's my first time on a VLCD).

I understand that it goes ok - bad - ok ... can anyone offer me their experience of going from day 1 to ketosis to feeling better.

Can't believe i'm nervous about this :eek: xx

Hey Hun I was like that first time I did it as i didn't know a think about ketosis..from my own personal experience the first day I just got hunger pangs and from day 2 till 6 had a really bad headache and felt quite weak but I promise u ketosis is a good thing wants that kicked in all these things went and I felt so much better and had more energy..u also get a funny taste in ur mouth as ur going in to ketosis my best advice would be take it easy for the first week and drink plenty of water you will soon be in a much better place good luck :)

Ive just completed week one I have dont VLCD before and was sucessful but had some upset so here i am again! but yeah i pretty much agree with elle, thats pretty much how many feel on week 1. I think once you get that initial big 1st week weight loss, everything you felt during the week is irrelevant! you will be sooooo pleased once you get through week one. Best advice would be to take it easy with exercise but keep your mind busy so you arent thinking about food, when my partner cooks his tea, i tend to nip out or go upstairs out of the way so i cant smell it!

Thanks ladies!

That's really helpful - just started day 2 - feeling bit rough but nothing too dreadful. Getting nervous for the next couple of days. I think it's the unknown! Just gotta push through xx

Back