Ketosis...

im starving so definetly not in ketosis...... but i will wait...........STARVING

im finding it so hard to drink water i can only manage 1liter per day..... i hate water wen im on cd makes me more hungry
I just started Sole Source today and I just know already that the water is going to be the hardest part. Managed to get 1.5l in between 8am and 12pm but since 12 have only managed a sip! Keep having to run to the loo every 5mins! I have a stinking headache and I am starving! And this is only Day 1!!! I can't wait for ketosis to kick in but I know I will feel worse before then :(

Ketosis sticks, if you have the ketostix then you have the same ones i have, so my question to you all is this, mine goes between the nil and the 0.5 so its a kind of milky coffee colour to a pale pink, is that normal?

My CDC said that between the no colour and the first shade of pink was ideal. I haven't tested yet so no idea what that 'ideal' colour looks like :confused:

Hi all i just done the test , im on day 4 and into Ketosis. Spoke to my CDC to let her know it chnaged to pink and she said that im now in teh fat burning zone and so excited cant wait for all the weight to fall off. I have'nt been feeling really hungry, tired today. Am looking forward to my first weigh in on friday.

yay me!!! i'm in ketosis on day 4 too!!! have never been so happy to see the colour pink :character00100:

Hi i just done the Ketosis stick and it turned a sort of dark deep pink/purple !! what does that indicate ?? last week it was a pale pink

I shouldn't worry too much about the stix. Mine never even showed me to be in ketosis....ever....the whole diet....3 boxes of the flipping things :D

If it's purple and you are drinking at least the 2.25L minimum, plus any extra for bars and tetras, then just ask yourself if you are thirsty. Drink more if you are....put stix away if your not.

how dark are we aiming for on ketosticks? mines at 4 (one away from the darkest...) does this mean i should lose quicker?

read older posts - says might be dehydrated... but am drinking loads....

Last edited:
Basically, if you've got any shade of pink at all, you're in ketosis.

Dark pink may mean that you're dehydrated but also depends on the time of day you test. If you test first thing in the morning, then those lil sticks are likely to turn dark pink because your urine is more concentrated--it'll contain more ketones.

On the other hand, if you test after you've downed a couple of litres of water and had a few wees, they're more likely to be pale pink--or even not showing any ketones at all. But that doesn't necessarily mean you're not in ketosis, it probably means you've just flushed them all out, LOL.

The more ketones in your wee, the darker pink the stick will turn, it's as simple as that. But that doesn't mean that more ketones=better weight loss.

If you're sticking to the diet 100%, you'll almost certainly be in ketosis after the first two to three days. :D And even if you aren't in ketosis (according to those pesky sticks) you'll still be losing weight, I promise.

Is this the point at which I confess I've never used them anyway (the only time I ever got tested was on my second visit to my CDC, just for her to confirm I was in ketosis)? :D

Happy CD-ing!

hi im feeling cold too... day two and have a really bad head and want to go to sleep not good as dog wants walking!!!!! lol

Wannabeskinny, sounds like you're well on the way to ketosis. On day 2 I came home and went straight to bed. Felt fantastic once I got through those first couple of days. Keep going, it's worth it.:D:D:D:D

Back