Ketosis...

in the evening i use my mix a mousse to make my chocolate mousse then i have my bar. my sticks show that i'm not in ketosis and i was wandering whether having 2 packs together in the evening might knock me out of ketosis. xx

I really don't know what ketosis feels like. I feel no more hungry than I normally do. No symptoms but am peeing like a camel. Will I be able to feel it? I am on Day 4.

I really don't know what ketosis feels like. I feel no more hungry than I normally do. No symptoms but am peeing like a camel. Will I be able to feel it? I am on Day 4.

I think you'll feel the very positive side effects of ketosis. You'll get the gradual realisation that your not actually hungry. Maybe the yucky taste in your mouth which is 'cool';)

Day 4-5 is often the turning point, so it'll be happening for you soon. Certainly by week 2 if you are doing it 100%.:)

Okay girls how on earth do i read the pee sticks that im in ketosis - am guna do a test tomorrow.

Okay girls how on earth do i read the pee sticks that im in ketosis - am guna do a test tomorrow.

If it turns pint you're in ketosis.:D There's a bit of uncertainty about whether darker is better. I've heard that if it's dark you're dehydrated. But if you do it first thing in the morning your wee will be more concentrated so it wil be darker.

Anyway so long as it turns pink you're fine - in ketosis.

Quick Question:

Can you be in ketosis for any other reason than you are eating your own fat? I.e. I think you naturally have some ketones in your waste products. I went into Ketosis after only 1-2 days so was wondering if this was too soon to be the real thing?

Thanks! :D

Natalie, I started ssing on the Friday and peed on a stick Saturday night and it showed I was already in ketosis. Everyone's different. I reduced my carbs and increased my water for a few days leading up so that may have helped me to get into ketosis quickly. Well done you :)

I'm on day 4 and in Ketosis and have been feeling a lil tired/head achey, looked at the test stick and seem to be at the far end of the spectrum so I guess it's more water for me.

Today feels different as if I'm walking on air. No fizzy feelings, still sweats when I have a shake or eat my 200 calories, but I feel different and a bit strange. Is this ketosis finally kicking in. I am on day 11. I wasn't in it on day 8.

today i am on day 4 (2nd day in ketosis) and feeling v.good even cleaned the house and went to the gym and for a swim with my darling husband:)
Now having relaxing nigh in with lot's of water:)

I'm on day five and feel ok - I am tortured by smell of curry hubby is cooking in the kitchen so I have come up to bed :-(

But at least I have resisted :)

Awww, well done on resisting. I'm doing the test in the morning (day 4) in the hope I'll be in ketosis. What colour should the stick turn if I am in ketosis?

what would happen if you eat a grape sized piece of cheese when on ketosis??????

Hi peeps,
I went to two Asdas and two Tesco's and none of them had any Ketostix!!! I wanted to test it tonight as well.
Ho hum!
Lynne x

I am definately 'in the pink'
Lynne x

Back