Ketostix...help!

Babydo11

Can anyone help me.

I've been using Ketostix over the past few days to see if I am in Ketosis yet. I've been testing first thing on a morning and it's been dark purple since day 2 (meaning I am in Ketosis). Anyway, I drink at least 4 litres of water each day and have just used a test strip and it was beige (meaning no keytones detected).

Is this becuase all the water has flushed them out? Or am I no longer in Ketosis?

I've searched the internet and everyone is giving different answers as to when you should test.

I'm finding it hard to believe I'm not in Ketosis as I'm not at all hungry and I have a horrid taste in my mouth. Maybe I should ditch the Ketostix...

Does anyone know?

Thank you x

Last edited:
Hi, Babydoll,

They are unreliable and definitely don't necessarily show a result when you are well hydrated.

Keep to your programme and you will see good results at your first weigh in.

Good luck and enjoy the ride - you'll be suprised and amazed by the results.
Ali

No maybe about it. Bin the damn things!!

I agree with Starlight and AliGal, absolute waste of time and as others have said, I think it was Sue on S and S, they just stress you out.
Step away from the sticks x

you helped me out as i was going to buy some as i'm on Day 4 and wanted to check my wee lol

Hi BD. i hate to disagree with those above but i enjoyed using ketosticks when i was on a vlcd before. It was amusing. I found that it was best if i kept the sticks beige or light pink. I noticed they were beige if i was well hydrated. If they got to the deep purple colour i felt really unwell, as if id had a bang on the head. So id say you are doing something right if they are beige. Keep the ketone levels low by hydrating correctly. If you enjoy using them, use them.

Im not using them now cos im adding a meal once a week and i dont want to know if im in or out of ketosis. Ketosis is not so important to me as keeping low calorie low carb. I think if i knew for sure that id knocked myself out of ketosis that id have a blow out. Best not know.

Belle

Back