Ketoveggie - Sunday Scores on The Doors / Diary

I might just do that. :)
A power nap sounds good because I'm just making excuses to sit down at the moment and it's not doing any good to boost my energy levels. Will straighten the kitchen and then take 40! see if that helps. x

I've decided to up my shakes to 4 per day for the next week to see if that helps to give me some energy.
Perhaps 600cals when under a BMI of 30 is detrimental after all? not only to losing weight ( still the same as I was last Sunday :( ) but also to energy levels. I don't know for sure, but If I lose weight next Sunday and feel better in myself then that will be the test.

In the back of my mind, I'm thinking it could be lots of different things and I should hold out on the 600cals for now, but at the same time, I hate not being able to function properly.

Week 4

1lb - gone! :confused:

Only a one pound loss which I lost in the middle of the week. Disappointed with the scales, tape measure showing better results, so I'll focus on that and try to remain positive.
Why can't you find a whoosh when you need one?

So not really sure what's going on. I've been very careful through the food week and according to the ketostix I'm still in Ketosis.

All I can do is stick to the plan, keep moving forward and wait for the scales to catch up.

Until then my inner child will be Like . . .

sad-baby.jpg

The rollercoaster that is the vlcd! Good attitude Caterpillar.

If you have the Art & Science of Low Carb by Phinney and Volek read pages 164-165. It's about ketostix - they are less reliable the longer you keto. Keep strong and Keto on, Caterpillar! Your plan sounds good.

The rollercoaster that is the vlcd! Good attitude Caterpillar.

If you have the Art & Science of Low Carb by Phinney and Volek read pages 164-165. It's about ketostix - they are less reliable the longer you keto. Keep strong and Keto on, Caterpillar! Your plan sounds good.

Thank you for the kind support. :)

I'll see if that book is available on pdf and check it out, thanks!

Yes, I need to stick to the plan or this chubby little caterpillar shall never get her wings!! :classic_big_grin:

As of this morning I'm still stalled weight wise. No gain, no loss.

I've devised a cunning plan and I am, from today, going to have 2 shakes and one meal for the next 21 days.
Working off macros I was finding it difficult to have a higher fat to protein ratio when incorporating the shakes into the equation because they have a higher protein to fat content.
I'm sure they are balanced nutritionally, ( and that's what I was told when I asked one of the reps about it) but it seems to go against everything I've been reading about balancing macros on Keto.

I feel slightly confused about it tbh. So I decided to keep the shakes and the food separate when doing my sums, because trying to find a balance that way was pushing the calories higher than I wanted.

I'm going to rely more on the tape measure than the scales for the next 21 days as that seems to be a better guide for me, right now.

I've also invested in a higher dose (50 billion) probiotic than my normal 15 billion as I have concerns about the lack of variety in the food I'm consuming and how that will be affecting my gut flora. I've also added some Digestive enzymes which will help me to digest the increased amount of fats in my diet, especially useful for anyone with gallstone issues or no gallbladder.

So although I'm feeling disappointed in the scales right now, the tape measure is my saving grace. I know my calories are low, I've not had any 'cheats' so something will have to give sooner or later and I'm hoping that upping my fat intake will get the scales moving downwards again.
I also need to try much harder with my water intake as I noticed my ankles were looking a bit puffy last night after quite a busy day and I hadn't managed to drink very much water.

I'm feeling this continued stall, although not welcome , is just that, a stall, which would probably rectify itself given time, but I'm meeting it halfway now with the measures I've implemented. Staying very positive and focused.

Hope whoever is reading this is having a good week.

Last edited:
My complete plan for the next 21 days which I shall review on 20th August.

Daily macros

From 800cals: Fats; 55g Protein; 45.7g Carbs; 28g

Protein maybe slightly higher than ideal. See how it goes.

Supplements & Other:

Min 2Lts Water
1/2 Tspn Pink rock salt

Multi Vit - (vegetarian) supplement
Vit D3
B complex
Digestive Enzymes
Probiotics (50bl)
Iron (?)
Vit C (?)

Exercise:

Walking
Push ups, sit ups
Resistance Band workout

Relaxation:

Epsom salts bath
Dry skin body brush
Deep breathing Meditation

So I started to weigh myself daily since my weight stall. Yesterday I was still stalled, this morning I have gained. . . . 4lbs!! What the. . . !?!

I have not eaten anymore than I should, I've been active, I've exercised, drank water. I am really confused. It's got to be water retention, but why?
I'm wondering if my body needs time to adjust to the added 200cals? 800calories is still not a lot though, is it.
I think I need to stop being so intense about weighing & measuring because if I'm not seeing good results everyday it's just p*ssing me off.
I'm going to weigh on a Sunday for the records and perhaps measure once a month.
Keeping positive. I know this will sort itself out, eventually. Hmm.

Day 32

Took measures into my own hands yesterday to shift the water weight. Drank loads of water along with some herbal water tablets and ditched a homemade meal in favour of 4 shakes. It did the trick . . .

Down 5lbs! this morning. Really happy to have broken the stall by 1lb.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this was the whoosh I've been waiting for and that I'll see a bit more weight loss by weigh in on Sunday.

I shall be sticking with 4 shakes until Sunday. It seems like the safer option right now.

Day 33

Another 1lb down today. :woohoo:

Too tempting not to weigh in this morning after a two week stall.

I feel that upping calories to 800 after my BMI went under 30 has been beneficial to getting me out of a stall.
I know a couple of people on here have had the same dilemma about staying at 600 or upping to 800. I would say if you've stopped seeing results at 600 then go for it, it does seem to help.
My next mini target is to get to 11st.1lb (-4lb) which will see me 1stone away from my first goal. (10st.1lb will bring my BMI down to 25) I'm prepared for that to take a couple of weeks if it's fat and not water weight that I'm losing now.
Energy levels still not where they should be. Hopefully this will improve as I go through the week.

Great stuff! I've upped to 800. Three packs, and a light 200 protein heavy, carb light "meal". Stayed the same this week, but bought smaller trousers from eBay, so feeling pretty good: they are a comfy fit! I played around with the idea of doing 2 packs and a 400 meal, but decided to go with a more man plan-y type of thing. Next goal for me is a BMI of 27.5......little and achievable....fingers crossed.

Great stuff! I've upped to 800. Three packs, and a light 200 protein heavy, carb light "meal". Stayed the same this week, but bought smaller trousers from eBay, so feeling pretty good: they are a comfy fit! I played around with the idea of doing 2 packs and a 400 meal, but decided to go with a more man plan-y type of thing. Next goal for me is a BMI of 27.5......little and achievable....fingers crossed.

You feel better for having 800?
I think it's made me have a bit more of an appetite today. Could be the higher dose probiotics though, I'm not sure.
Anyway, I had a bit of a cheat today. A cheese sandwich! Real cheese, not the vegan kind and I had it on granary bread with seeds. Will see if I pay for that on the scales tomorrow. lol! I did substitute it for my afternoon shake so hopefully will not be too bad. I'll test with a ketostix too.

Nice one getting into smaller fitting trousers, it's such a confidence booster. Just think how much better it will be 4 weeks from now if we just stick to the plan :)

I keep tweaking the amount of shakes and food that I have. I think I'm getting bored with just shakes and may order some 'meals' so I don't fall off track, like I did today with the sandwich.

05/08/18

Week 5

2lbs - gone!

Not feeling as chuffed about that as perhaps I should. Have been stalled for too long and I lost this 2lbs in the middle of the week only through a combination of bloody mindedness, exercise, water tablets and gallons of water. Not sure I want to put myself through that again.

Been a funny old week weight wise. I'm struggling mentally not to give in to hunger and go off track. I'm missing real food.

Sunday lunch sat in a beer garden on the canal side with a cold glass of wine is calling to me today. My partner works away and came home last night so the temptation to go out for lunch today is even grater.

Guess I'll just sit in the garden with a shake *sigh* (Yes! I am feeling very sorry for myself today :classic_oops: )

The sandwich I had yesterday did seem to have an impact on ketosis. While the ketostix are showing I'm still hanging on ( one up from negative) I'm feeling hungry and grumpy this morning, probably due to the increase in carbs yesterday.

Will have my first shake in a bit and get over myself. Need to dig deep so I can find my positivity again.
I have a couple of events to attend at the end of this month and early September so I'll stay focused on that and keep plodding on.

Hope everyone reading this is having a good week? :)

Sian x

Never feel down about a loss! A loss is one step closer to your goal! 🏆Like you I'm struggling a bit with a desire to eat real food, but I like rules, so whereas sticking to the shakes was easy, adding a bit extra is always hard to manage (for me at least). Your next mini goal is on the horizon, so keep your eyes on that! I think you are doing amazingly, but if you do decide to waiver a little, don't beat yourself up, just move on. By the sounds of it, the sandwich sounds delicious. Ive not eaten bread now for 2 years, it was hard kicking it in the first place, so I know not to go there, but I still allow myself a sneaky sniff of freshly baked bread occasionally, it's weird but surprisingly satisfying! 🤭

Back