Kez's struggles and troubles! 17th June Restart!

Morning ladies! It's the whole 'meal' bit that scares me at the moment, I have no will power and it seems that it's all or nothing with me. So I need to ride the wave of SS style for as long as I can. Once I've eaten one meal, I will just want another, then another!

I popped into Morissons this morning and the only thing they had was Slimfast, which is no good. Carb content is too high and now I know why their snack bars are so cheap, they are about the size of a snack size mars bar...lol! Very dissapointing. Got some eggs to keep in the fridge at work incase I need some scrambled eggs for dinner, best to be prepared!

Going to go to Big Tesco tonight and have a look at the Atkins products, if they are a no go then I might just have to go grovelling to my CDC. I can't go to a new one as my BMI is over 40 and I shouldn't be on it without doctors letter, but my original CDC let me start regardless.

Scales are looking good, have dropped back into the 17's. Which feel great and my belly and my jowls already feel less puffy, which feels even better! :) Just need to get through today.....

Morning ladies! It's the whole 'meal' bit that scares me at the moment, I have no will power and it seems that it's all or nothing with me. So I need to ride the wave of SS style for as long as I can. Once I've eaten one meal, I will just want another, then another!

I popped into Morissons this morning and the only thing they had was Slimfast, which is no good. Carb content is too high and now I know why their snack bars are so cheap, they are about the size of a snack size mars bar...lol! Very dissapointing. Got some eggs to keep in the fridge at work incase I need some scrambled eggs for dinner, best to be prepared!

Going to go to Big Tesco tonight and have a look at the Atkins products, if they are a no go then I might just have to go grovelling to my CDC. I can't go to a new one as my BMI is over 40 and I shouldn't be on it without doctors letter, but my original CDC let me start regardless.

Scales are looking good, have dropped back into the 17's. Which feel great and my belly and my jowls already feel less puffy, which feels even better! :) Just need to get through today.....

Kez i don't wanna be a downer but doing any kind of sole source that is not designed as a vlcd is sooooooo dangerous. Aitkins,celebrity slim, slimfast are all designed to be done with food and not ss.

If you don't want to go back to your cdc, check exante out, just till your bmi is low enough to change.

Hey Vicki, I completely get what you are saying. I was going to take a tetra with me tonight to Tesco and compare the contents properly, but have a good look online last night and they seem virtually like for like. Atkins has slightly more carbs, but vitamin & mineral wise are almost identical???

Am I wrong to think that you can use solely their products in the induction weeks? I don't want to harm myself, but need to keep myself going until end of next week when I get paid.

Exante or Celebrity Slim seem to be the other options. But I can't order any Exante until next week when I get paid. The bumper pack is £100, which is what you have to get to pay the £25 a week they advertise. I quite like my tetras, so might just struggle through however I can till I get below BMI 40 and go to a new rep.

Phew! No wonder I have a headache?! lol

I'm not sure Kez, Maybe it could be ok but wouldn't like to say, but just look carefully check out aitkins website and maybe take a multi vitamin as well while doing it :)

I've just ordered Exante as find cd too sweet and makes me crave sweet food lol. and can't really afford cd plus food:rolleyes: so fingers crossed it's nice :D

Hi Kez
I just wanted to say good luck and very well done on your weight loss so far. I am only just getting round to reading everyones diary and have just had a proper look at yours. I can't really add any helpful comments about what VLCD to do, I am doing CD but in a way I would like to do one thats cheaper too. I thought about doing Dukan or Atkins too but decided CD is best for me for now. I am a lazy cook too most of the time, so CD is ideal for me.
I am getting married next year too, not set the date yet though, and I will enjoy reading your updates! .xx

Dappy, let me know what it is like. Am reluctant to spend £100 on something I might not be able to stomach, I can't stomach the CD shakes or soups. I have tetra only, hence why the Atkins drinks seemed like a good idea.

I'll let you know my findings! I seem to spend hours in aisles reading labels, not sure what people must think! haha

Hi miss-r, thanks for the post. I have messed around for way too long, if I want to look gorgeous in my dress I gotta get my ass into gear..pronto! lol

Dappy, let me know what it is like. Am reluctant to spend £100 on something I might not be able to stomach, I can't stomach the CD shakes or soups. I have tetra only, hence why the Atkins drinks seemed like a good idea.

I'll let you know my findings! I seem to spend hours in aisles reading labels, not sure what people must think! haha

Hi kez, starting on sunday so will let you know, just bought the shakes only and 4 bars to try:D so will taste them all on sunday/monday :)

Right! My Tesco shop findings..lol!

Rubbish, rubbish, rubbish :( I was expecting the full Atkins range but they only stock 3 types of bars, two of which have a massive carb content. One of them was pretty good though.

CD Tetra
143 kcal
14g Protein
12g Carbs
2.8g Fat
2.5g Fibre
0.2g Sodium

Atkins Day Break Bar
138 kcal (5 less than CD)
12g Protein (2g less than CD)
8.5g Carbs (5.5g less than CD)
7g Fat (4.2g more than CD)
6g Fibre (3.5g more than CD)
0.1g Sodium (0.5g less than CD)

So I reckon the bar is a pretty good alternative to a tetra?

Slim Fast Ready Made Drink
220 kcals (77kcal more than CD)
14g Protein (same as CD)
24g Carbs (10g more than CD)
7g Fat (4.2g more than CD)
4g Fibre (1.5g more than CD)
0.2g Salt (0.1g more than CD)

Not great, but also not bad. More kcals and double the carb content.

Turkey Breast
155 kcal (12kcal more than CD)
35g Protein (21g more than CD)
0g Carbs (14g less than CD)
1.8g Fat (1g less than CD)
0g Fibre (2.5g less than CD)
0.1g Sodium (0.1g less than CD)

Looks good to me?!

Also, Chicken Breast, Prawns and Cod are high in protein and low in fat and carbs. Green beans, Broccolli, Lettuce and Cucumber seem to be the lowest in carbs as well on the veggie front. Luckily I love all of them....

So, I have stocked up on the meats and veggies listed above and also bought some slim fast drinks and some atkins bars to have while at work.

I usually have 2 tetra at work, so I'm thinking a slimfast drink and a bar and then at home a small meal of meat and veggies. Do you reckon that would be safe enough to do as a SS+ alternative???

A saw a friend of mine the other day and she has lost 6 stone since March and she swears it is just by eating saucer size meals and sticking to lean meats and vegetables. It's amazing how she looks, was very jealous in fact.

If I am offending anyone please say, I know there is nothing worse than someone trying to do their own, unsafe plan and not listening to advice from others. But I really am trying to find myself the safest alternative I can for the minute.

On a plus note, day 2 is over and done with. Have had very little in the way of headaches, starting to get one now, but I haven't drunk much all evening as been out and about and will be off to bed soon. Scales are looking good, so water retention must be passing through. Felt a bit doppy all day and a bit weak, but pretty good on the whole.

I can't remember whether day 3 gets better or whether thats the worst day? Have been 100% Day 1 and 2 and have got the start of Haleketosis, so maybe pink sticks by the end of tomorrow? Fingers crossed!

Right, nite nite all! xxx

Kez I ordered some Exante products a while ago and I'm sure you don't have to order the full bumper box, that's just the easiest way to do it. I ordered a couple a shakes and a box of bars. And my friend ordered all hers separately because she didn't like some of the flavors so you should be able to order enough to see you through til pay day rather than the £100 bumper box. Hope that helps.

I wish I had the willpower to do it how your friend has with small plates but you know what I'm like it's SS or nothing with me. Oh and one thing I will say watch out for the eggs. I was delighted to find out you can have 2 medium eggs on SS+ didn't have them every day but every other and my losses were tiny. My CDC says she's not happy that they've introduced them onto SS+ because a lot of her clients have had much smaller losses when they've included eggs. They look all innocent and lovely but they're mean lol.

Hope I haven't just gone and added to your confusion xx

atkins do shakes too. i wouldn't touch slimfast. with atkins you need to subtract the fibre from the carbs to get the net carbs. also when looking at sugars sugar free stuff doesn't count, the sweetner stuff... can't remember it's name, begins with a p.

Evening Ladies! Day 3 over and done with, had a slimfast shake and a bar at work and then came home and had a piece of cod with some lettuce and cucumber. So not any kind of plan but hopefully enough to keep me in ketosis.

Nikki, I only picked up the slimfast shakes because there was nothing else there. They only had some of the Atkins bars, the slimfast drink are pretty foul but that was all I could find to be honest.

If I can plod on until next week when I get paid then I'll order some Exante and some Atkins bars online. No point splashing out if I'm not going to stick at it. But hopefully I can manage a few weeks to get myself going again.

Oh and I can't find my ketostix! Grrrr! I'm sure I wouldn't have thrown them, because they cost me £5 and I'm a cheap skate :)

some people used to cut their sticks in half so they got 100 for £5 lol.

Hahaha! I'm soo doing that with the next pot of them.

Day 4 over and done with, just had a meal and my belly hurts. I had a quorn sausage and a quorn burger and some green beans and brocolli. About 9g of carbs for the whole amount and about 500kcal. Also had a tetra and atkins bar at work. Feel guilty about the food now, but hopefully its low enough in carbs and kcals to not knock me out of ketosis. Which I 'think' I am in, judging by my breath and my amazing amount of motivation today?! But I'm not feeling cold, in fact I am boiling, feel like I'm constantly having hot flushes???

Hey Hun, well done for day 4!! You'll be fine with the quorn but it might be why you've had tummy ache, quorn makes my tummy balloon and it's so painful. Hope your tummy feels better, you're not alone with that mind, I hardly slept last night because I felt sick and had stomach cramps all night, and today my tummy feels so enormous and tight, I don't know what's wrong with me but again no loss this week grr. It's gotta be related to this big sore tummy :(

Yeah it's def the Quorn, poor belly feels like it's going to explode. I'm sure the scales will pay for it tomorrow cause I didn't drink anywhere near what I should have. Plus I feel bunged up...lol!

Joy oh joy! :)

I don't know what's wrong with me, I'm not bunged up, that's all normal but I feel like if you stick a pin in me I'll burst. I've gone to bed, partly to try and get warm and partly to curl up in a ball.

Oh no hun, do you think it could be something serious? Inflammed stomach or something? I had that once and it was unbelievably painful, can you get it checked out at work?

Back