Kez's struggles and troubles! 17th June Restart!

Kez, its great to have someone to do CD with and yes, a little competition too, can't be bad :). Keep it up Kez, doing really well hun. Wedding dress will fit perfectly x

Phew! Knackered...and feet are killing. Was a long day of cleaning at the chalets today. Only 2 pairs working and the other pair left at 2pm, leaving me and another girl to finish up the rest of the chalets. So much for teamwork eh? Still I earnt an extra £20 and haven't got any work next saturday, so that'll help towards paying for CD next week.

Am starting to have to watch the pennies each week now, as I get towards the end of the month.

Sat doing some work for my degree, need to get cracking with it now I've finished my accounts qualification (I hope:)). Working on a new me and a new future!

you are so positive, it's wonderful :D

Afternoon ladies! How is everyone's sunday? I've been busy, busy. busy today! Must be that ketosis, normally can't be arsed to do anything after a hard saturdays cleaning!

Have cleaned up the dog mess in the garden (which I HATE doing) and the cat mess in my flowerbeds..Grrr! Then mowed the lawn, attacked the weeds with some killer, done some washing, done the dishes, been to Tesco! Now off to Daddy's for a BBQ, even though the weather has turned rubbish!

I was naughty in Tesco, felt so, so hungry. Genuinely hungry! So bought some sliced chicken, 115kcals and 1.2grams of carbs. Also, bought myself a chicken breast for the BBQ.

I did something even naughtier this morning and I got the scales out. They have finally broken into the 16stone bracket. But it's not offical until weigh in on CDC's scales.

Yay well done, I'm sure your CDC's scales will agree with yours. Enjoy your BBQ. Last night I wasn't really too bad (at least if I was doing any normal diet it wouldn't be too bad) but CD wise it was terrible. But I fully expected it and I've said all along I'll take the consequences because I'm sick of putting my life on hold for the diet...I've done that for so long now. I won't tell you what I had because it's not helpful, but it wasn't massively unhealthy.

And weirdly enough I can't wait to get back onto it 100% again. I feel really bloated, and I've hardly had anything today. I hate the way carbs make me feel, and when this is all over I'm seriously going to have to think about the carb situation. I'm hoping it's just because I've gone from no carbs to lots of carbs, and when I've built back up slowly I won't feel so bad.

Anyway good luck for your WI can't wait to hear the news xxx

Hey Surf, was wondering how you were getting along. I think your taking a very mentally healthy approach to things. How about looking into a GI diet? Isn't that like low carbs? Plus most shop bought food have a GI listing on them.

My BBQ was nice, but I ate more than I should of and wanted to eat so much more!!!! I had a chicken breast, a slice of belly pork, some lettuce and LOTS of cucumber. So I think they were good choices, just a bad quantity.

Never mind, roll on weigh in tomorrow!

good choices kez :D don't worry. there's on plan, i would imagine the pork might have been salty??? if so remember to drink to get rid of the excess salt. hope weigh in is very good to you.

Thanks hun, it was only a very small piece, I washed down dinner with a litre of water. In an attempt to fill my belly and while I had the bottle in my mouth, I couldn't fill it with the gorgeous desert everyone else was tucking into.

Hey Kerry

I'm joining you on here! We'll both be the skinniest ones at your wedding next year, and will be healthier than the lot of them :)

xxx

you are so great :D i'm loosing the plot. love picking. bad bad bad!

Welcome to Minimins Jen, this is my sister everyone!

But no repeating ANYTHING you read in here, this is my sanity and my diary! :)

Well done on being so good so far, I think you'll be amazed tomorrow at weigh in. Just take things day by day, don't look too far ahead.

See you tomorrow! Am really proud of you for doing this, it won't be easy, but yes we will be the skinniest, lushest people at the wedding! Been hunting for wedding shoes all evening and can't find any :( Get looking!

i love organising wedding stuff. when i was doing my own wedding organisation i was thinking about writing a book about where to get things from in my own area to help other people.

god luck for weigh in tonight.

hi to jen.

Thanks nikki, I've been planning for 18 months already and I can't believe how much money I am saving by hunting around and putting a bit of effort in myself.

Looking forward to weigh in, come on the 16's!

i remember making my own invites. was great fun. my aunt made my wedding dress and my older bridesmaids dress. i'll see if i can find a pic. my mum made my cake and we got a friend to ice it. it still cost a fortune as the venue was expensive.

DSCF0007.jpg

Last edited:
I'm hoping we can get the wedding done for £6k. I am doing almost everything myself and have called in favours for anything I can't do. Like, the mother of one of my bridesmaids is an amazing cook and bakes cakes to die for, so she is doing my cake and my bridesmaid is paying for the ingrediants as my wedding pressie!

My cousin is going to be my driver, another cousin is training to be a beauty therapist, so is doing my make up etc.

My sister's mother in law works in a cafe, so is going to be running the kitchens for the day for me.

I sourced my dress from China, saving £700. My bridesmaids dresses I bought last year in a sale, so they were £200 for the 4.

I am making all my own flower arrangements and bouquets with artificial flowers. Have spent about £350 on flowers, but have enough to do all the table decs, bouquets, pew ends, church arch.

And do you know what, I don't feel like I have sacrificed on what we can have at all. Maybe had to be inventive, but not sacrificed. Everything I have wanted I have found within our budget.

I feel soo fed up with CD today. I don't know what it is? I don't feel hungry, I don't feel like I want to cheat, i just feel soo bored and demotivated with it all.

Maybe the excitement and novelty is wearing off, or maybe it isn't CD and it's just me? Am hoping that weigh in will fuel my motivation!

i spent around the same on my flowers as you. i had candles as my table settings. the big church type ones with ivy pinned round it and rose petals on the table. you can just about make it out on this table.

DSCF0008.jpg

p.s have you heard of www.confetti.co.uk/ ? they're really good and i bought my favour boxes from there when they were in the sale.

I decided against doing favour boxes, I am just buying bulk amounts of pink and silver chocolate hearts and having them in a frosted glass dish on the table. So they'll have sweeties, just not in individual boxes. Will have a look on there anyway though as like finding nick nacks. The shop 'The Range' has been briliant for all the little arts and crafty stuff I have needed.

I have spent £40 on my save the date, wedding invitations, evening invitations, RSVP's and Thankyou cards. We have a Clintons cards outlet shop (end of line stock) and I picked up enough for everyone, plus some spares for £40. Bargain of the century! And they are all 'Me to You' bear designs.

Back