Kim's diary of being a new mum

Oh well i am glad it's not just me that seems to be sleeping my way through the first half of pregnancy!
I slept quite well up until a couple of weeks ago, now i seem to be exhausted in the evening and go to bed early and then i seem to have a period of being awake in the night. Add in to that that i can't get comfortable at all which is very irritating and i am sure Mike loves me tossing and turning next to him!

18+2 Weeks

So food today:

Breakfast: coco pops (have had a SERIOUS craving for these so caved a got some!) with a banana
Snack: Haven't needed anything - obviously my coco pops kept me filled up.
Lunch: I have a weight watchers tomato and basil chicken with wedges and i have a couple of slices of bread too if i need them. I have a muller fruit corner to have as well.
Snack: I've come prepared to try and avoid buying chocolate or eating biscuits - so have a choice of a bagel or a mugshot and a satsuma.
Dinner: Hmmm haven't really decided yet - will see what appeals when i get home - went shopping yesterday so plenty of choice! :)

TMI but for the last 2 days I seem be suffering with a real increase in wind and most of that seems to be trapped wind....which i think it making it difficult to sleep as my tummy is so bloated and yucky feeling! Does anyone know anything i can do to help reduce the amount? :confused:

I really suffered with trapped wind at about 19 weeks and it was agony. Apparently boiled water slightly cooled can help. I bought some Rennie Deflatine and it was brilliant. Took a couple of hours to kick in but worked a treat :) x

I really suffered with trapped wind at about 19 weeks and it was agony. Apparently boiled water slightly cooled can help. I bought some Rennie Deflatine and it was brilliant. Took a couple of hours to kick in but worked a treat :) x

Thanks Sarah i may try that Rennie Deflatine, maybe it's around this point the wind becomes an issue! This weekend has been rather uncomfortable to say the least! So thank you for the suggestions :)

18+3 Weeks

Well the tummy feels better today, but OMG it's HUGE....like seriously feel like i look about 8 months pregnant. I even had to take a photo this morning.....i will upload in a sec but it's on my phone (i apologise in advance for the fatness! :sigh:) I am pretty sure even though it feels better it's still incredibly bloated! Will keep trying to cooled boiled water to see if that helps.

Food today:
Breakfast: Coco Pops with SS milk and a banana
Snack: Shape 0% yogurt
Lunch: WW chicken hotpot with 2 slices of bread.
Snack: bagel or mugshot.
Dinner: probably chicken with SW chips, veggies and baked beans.

Not much else to report today...am on countdown to next thursday which is SCAN day! wohoo! roll on next week!

Hope you are all having a good day! x

Re: Kim's pregnancy diary

Well here's my ultra bloated bump from this morning. .. once again sorry for the fatness and the size of my bum.... seriously think the baby is living in there as it's grown :eek: the same happened to my sister but it did eventually go back to normal size.... please let it do the same for me!

Hmmm ok that didn't work! bear with me! haha

Lets see
20130924_071234-1_zps82ba6765.jpg

Last edited:
Well here's my ultra bloated bump from this morning. .. once again sorry for the fatness and the size of my bum.... seriously think the baby is living in there as it's grown :eek: the same happened to my sister but it did eventually go back to normal size.... please let it do the same for me!

Hmmm ok that didn't work! bear with me! haha

Lets see
20130924_071234-1_zps82ba6765.jpg
Awww... Cute BABY BUMP.. What fatness? Give over...

Hope the wind pain have eased off.. xx

Haha oh there is plenty of fatness going on but thanks for overlooking it. My stomach is normally that size in the evening God knows what size it will be tonight :confused: Haha xx

Haha oh there is plenty of fatness going on but thanks for overlooking it. My stomach is normally that size in the evening God knows what size it will be tonight :confused: Haha xx
I think you may have popped.. My stomach was always huge in the evening but just kinda "normal" in the day... Then about 2 weeks ago my bigger sized trousers stopped closing come lunch time.. Now.. Although my maternity work trousers don't fit (too much material) in the morning time, come 3pm they're perfect.. But there's no chance I'd get my bigger size trousers on at all anymore.. And FINALLY BF has said there's a bump..

Kim's pregnancy diary

Ah yay for bumps .. How far gone are you Kim ? I'm sure it says somewhere but I'm too lazy to scroll up lol xx

Ah yay for bumps .. How far gone are you Kim ? I'm sure it says somewhere but I'm too lazy to scroll up lol xx

I'm only 18 weeks...well 18+3 but this is the first day it looks bumpy normally I just look ultra fat. Although it's gone down tonight so obviously alot of bloat and not all baby. Was sort of nice to feel I looked pregnant though!

Last edited:

I think you may have popped.. My stomach was always huge in the evening but just kinda "normal" in the day... Then about 2 weeks ago my bigger sized trousers stopped closing come lunch time.. Now.. Although my maternity work trousers don't fit (too much material) in the morning time, come 3pm they're perfect.. But there's no chance I'd get my bigger size trousers on at all anymore.. And FINALLY BF has said there's a bump..

Hmm I'm not sure I think it's still quite a bit of bloat as it's gone down this evening a bit. Omg I tried on some under the bump maternity jeans at the weekend that my sister bought and hated and I seriously see why they kept falling down and felt like my backside must have been on show. Roll on having a proper bump so over the bump jeans don't fall down as I live in work trousers.... I've got very attractive and not at all sexy stretchy trousers from m&s but my sister recommended some maternity trousers from next that have elastic you can pull tighter or loosen as needed... they sort of have panels of elastic in the waistband and little bits that you pull and buttob inside of you want it tighter etc. She said they were great in this in between stage!

Yay to bf seeing your bump :)

Hmm I'm not sure I think it's still quite a bit of bloat as it's gone down this evening a bit. Omg I tried on some under the bump maternity jeans at the weekend that my sister bought and hated and I seriously see why they kept falling down and felt like my backside must have been on show. Roll on having a proper bump so over the bump jeans don't fall down as I live in work trousers.... I've got very attractive and not at all sexy stretchy trousers from m&s but my sister recommended some maternity trousers from next that have elastic you can pull tighter or loosen as needed... they sort of have panels of elastic in the waistband and little bits that you pull and buttob inside of you want it tighter etc. She said they were great in this in between stage!

Yay to bf seeing your bump :)
They're what I have on now actually.. So comfy.. Feel like I have leggings on :)
I got mine in New Look for €15... bargain

18+4 Weeks

Hmm i feel very odd today, whatever is going on in my tummy is making me feel a bit queasy and still extremely bloated :rolleyes:. I wonder if the queasiness is being caused by a wriggling baby......i sort of hope it is, and that it's a sign i might start to feel things, as at the moment i am not if i have felt baby or if it was something else and i'm getting a little bit impatient!

I have to ask - i have never suffered from heartburn - what does it feel like? i am not sure if i had it last night or not....and Mike has never had it so wasn't sure either! :eek:

Last night i was babysitting for my friends little boy who is 8 weeks old (they got let down at the last minute by family so i said we could have him as they'd booked tickets to the cinema) and he was sleeping in his moses basket and i just kept thinking.....not long and i'll be watching our baby sleeping! :D so exciting!

Food today:

Breakfast: coco pops with SS milk
Snack: 0% yogurt or a bagel depends how hungry i am - but coco pops seems to keep me full up which is crazy as they are basically puffs of rice!
Lunch: WW Beef hotpot with 2 slices of bread
Snack: mugshot or a bagel (if i don't have one this morning) i am working until 6.30/7 tonight so i am sure i am going to want to nibble something to see me through an hour and a half of sitting here alone.
Dinner: pasta with a tomato and basil sauce with some cheese on top.

18+4 Weeks

Hmm i feel very odd today, whatever is going on in my tummy is making me feel a bit queasy and still extremely bloated :rolleyes:. I wonder if the queasiness is being caused by a wriggling baby......i sort of hope it is, and that it's a sign i might start to feel things, as at the moment i am not if i have felt baby or if it was something else and i'm getting a little bit impatient!

I have to ask - i have never suffered from heartburn - what does it feel like? i am not sure if i had it last night or not....and Mike has never had it so wasn't sure either! :eek:

Last night i was babysitting for my friends little boy who is 8 weeks old (they got let down at the last minute by family so i said we could have him as they'd booked tickets to the cinema) and he was sleeping in his moses basket and i just kept thinking.....not long and i'll be watching our baby sleeping! :D so exciting!

Food today:

Breakfast: coco pops with SS milk
Snack: 0% yogurt or a bagel depends how hungry i am - but coco pops seems to keep me full up which is crazy as they are basically puffs of rice!
Lunch: WW Beef hotpot with 2 slices of bread
Snack: mugshot or a bagel (if i don't have one this morning) i am working until 6.30/7 tonight so i am sure i am going to want to nibble something to see me through an hour and a half of sitting here alone.
Dinner: pasta with a tomato and basil sauce with some cheese on top.

You might be having a little growth spurt hense the quesy feeling.. Is it weird that I quite like when I get that way??

Until recently I'd never had heartburn either n wasn't sure for ages if it was actually heartburn I was getting..
For me, when I burp, I can feel the acid run up my throat and back down n kind of feel a burning in my chest bone (ish) Probably not describing it very well at all here.. If I have a small glass of milk it takes away the burn for an hour r 2...

Oh cute to minding a lickle 8 week old.. Kinda jealous of the cuddles..

Yeah its as Frances explains above...a burning in the throat and I also burp up acid into my mouth a lot :( Its not nice....I take Rennies on a daily basis for it and have to lay on 2/3 pillows so Im not laying flat.

Also - try not to eat right before bed...try and eat a couple of hours beforehand and that will help

Yeah its as Frances explains above...a burning in the throat and I also burp up acid into my mouth a lot :( Its not nice....I take Rennies on a daily basis for it and have to lay on 2/3 pillows so Im not laying flat.

Also - try not to eat right before bed...try and eat a couple of hours beforehand and that will help
I tried Gaviscon last week as they were advised.. RANK.. Made me vomit everywhere!!! Don't get them.. LOL

I find it only happens if I've eaten onions.. or onion flavoured something (ie crisps).. But I love onions

lol Nah wouldnt go near Gaviscon.....Rennies all the way for me haha :D
May try them.. One of the girls in the office recommended them yesterday but i was too scarred from the Gaviscon to take her advice.. LOL

Back