Kim's diary of being a new mum

Re: Kim's pregnancy diary

Hope you're feeling a bit better Frances I've had a few days where I've felt odd and couldnt pin point what was wrong. I guess our bodies are working very hard is bound to have an effect! Hope you are feeling better now you're home and in bed :)

Urgh I have the headache from hell this evening :( pregnancy hormones and grief (my dad died suddenly in May :( ) are really not a good combo and seem to be kicking my butt today. I spent most of my drive home sobbing and I'm not even sure what set me off! Just want to crawl into bed and feel sorry for myself instead ive got to be sociable with mikes friends for the evening :( feeling very sorry for myself tonight :( at least I get to eat out and it will hopefully be somewhere with yummy food :)

Urgh I have the headache from hell this evening :( pregnancy hormones and grief (my dad died suddenly in May :( ) are really not a good combo and seem to be kicking my butt today. I spent most of my drive home sobbing and I'm not even sure what set me off! Just want to crawl into bed and feel sorry for myself instead ive got to be sociable with mikes friends for the evening :( feeling very sorry for myself tonight :( at least I get to eat out and it will hopefully be somewhere with yummy food :)

Oh poor you honey x so sorry to hear about your dad :( that's awful xx sorry to hear your having a bad day too x I feel tearful tonight too...pesky hormones eh? Can't imagine what hormones and grief must feel like. Big big cuddles x a night with friends eating nice food might do u good xxx

Sorry to hear about your Dad hun.. I know what its like losing a parent suddenly.. Altho my Mam passed almost 5years ago now its still as raw now as it was then.. 4 years 9months today actually... Grief just hits ya from nowhere.. Especially early on.. You let it out and don't hold it in.. Don't try to be brave coz its really not worth it.. I know!!!
Hope you're feeling a bit better at least now chic.. Chin up xxx

Morning girls, feeling a lot brighter this morning I guess an evening of company and food was probably the best thing as it took my mind off of everything.

This morning I woke up to my phone telling me my baby is 17 weeks old today hehe! Bye bye 16 weeks Hello 17 :)

Hope you all have a lovely weekend planned. I'm preparing for my friends baby shower im throwing tomorrow so of out shopping to get the last few bits today then baking cakes and cookies this afternoon!

Hope you have a lovely Saturday :)

Sorry to hear about your Dad hun.. I know what its like losing a parent suddenly.. Altho my Mam passed almost 5years ago now its still as raw now as it was then.. 4 years 9months today actually... Grief just hits ya from nowhere.. Especially early on.. You let it out and don't hold it in.. Don't try to be brave coz its really not worth it.. I know!!!
Hope you're feeling a bit better at least now chic.. Chin up xxx

Thanks Frances is good to know (in a strange way) that it doesn't really ever get past that raw stage as I keep beating myself up that I should have dealt with it enough for it not to be so raw. I think the only way I can deal with it and continue to function is to block out that it happened (good old denial) and then when I do allow myself to think about it it hits me like a brick wall. So thank you for the reassurance that it's kind of normal to still feel the rawness xx

Yay to 17 weeks!
I love baby showers! I planned a surprise one for my sister a couple of years ago. We all had t-shirts with her baby pics on, was so cute. She's planning one for me but it's not so much a surprise seeing as she asked me for a guest list. She wont tell me when or where but I had to cut down on a few people because wherever it is isn't big enough for everyone.
Hope you have a lovely afternoon baking and planning :)
x

Thanks Frances is good to know (in a strange way) that it doesn't really ever get past that raw stage as I keep beating myself up that I should have dealt with it enough for it not to be so raw. I think the only way I can deal with it and continue to function is to block out that it happened (good old denial) and then when I do allow myself to think about it it hits me like a brick wall. So thank you for the reassurance that it's kind of normal to still feel the rawness xx
Most days i'm completely fine and can talk about her for hours.. Others just to think of her feels like it was only yesterday.. But then she always said the same to me about her Mam n it was 20 years later.. But you really should talk to someone about it rather than "ignoring it".. I know what i'm talking about.. believe me.. The thought of talking to a councillor about my loss made me feel a complete loser.. Like, people lose loved ones everyday n deal with it.. But I was falling apart inside and putting a fake smile.. I only needed to see the councillor twice n he gave great advice n tips on how to deal with the bad days.. Each to their own but that's my advice anyway.. N May is only a stone throw ago.. I was half mess, half numb that soon after my loss.. So don't be thinking you should be "over it" at all.. Its still very new.. You've lots of "firsts" to get thru xxx

So glad yer feeling brighter today. Sounds like a manic but fun day..
I have a Christening and Blessing in Wexford (I live in Dublin) today so a good hour drive away.. me n my niece are heading down.. Should be a good day as its with great friends but I've not seen them in 2 r 3 years.. Will be a long day no doubt but fun :)

17 +2 Weeks

Owwweeee is all i have to say today, cramps, back ache and shooting pains 'down there'...owwwee!!! Obviously lots going on in there that i am feeling the effects of, so really not eating very well today - typical period like time when only chocolate or crap will do! :p

I have an appointment tomorrow with the consultant so really hoping that they might try and listen to the baby, but then i am really paranoid that my fat tummy will make it difficult and i'll be made to feel --> <--- that big! :( I really struggle with feeling embarrased that i am overweight - not helped that i put on a fair wack of weight with wedding, honeymoon and then my dad passing away...i sort of gained almost 2stone in a very small time frame as i am a comfort eater....so i am sort of counting that as my baby weight but i always worry that hospital staff will make a big deal out of it as i've read some really horrible stories from women who are bigger getting treated badly because they have a high BMI. *Fingers crossed that tomorrow the consultant is nice!*

Weekend was really busy but really nice, the baby shower went well and everyone seemed to enjoy it which is good. Was lovely to see my best friends little ones - one is 6 months, the other is 7 weeks. They were sooo cute and it's lovely that 4 of us who are all very close will have babies from 0 - 1 year old in Feb. My friend is due in 4 weeks and i am really excited for her, she doesnt know what she's having so cannot wait to find out!

Food today:

Breakfast: Cornflakes and Semi Skimmed Milk and a banana
Snacks: Roses....quite a few! birthday in the office and a large tin on the treat table...need i say more!?!
Lunch: sandwich (sainsburys one thats not low fat!) wotsits and a shape 0% yogurt.
Snack: i have a banana and satsuma so hoping i will eat those and not more roses!
Dinner: i have to go to sainsburys tonight or we will have nothing as we have no food in the house! I'm thinking something like Chicken Kiev with SW chips, veg and baked beans.

Hope you all have a good day!

Kim I hear ya... I was so terrified they'd give out to me over my weight as I'm still not in the "healthy weight" category.. So far they've not even mentioned it..
But in fairness there's not allot you can do now except to eat healthy and make good choices... Though you are human so the odd take away or choccie bar will jump in there but if you're good 90% of the time... 10% boldness won't matter..

I was at a Christening on Saturday n baby was only 3 months old... SO CUTE... I cannot wait for my baby now.. Seriously made me broody lol
Great you're friends will be fresh in experience to help you through the early months..

Kim's pregnancy diary

Try not to worry too much Hun they are not there to judge you even though it can seem that way. I'm sure they see mums to be of all different shapes and sizes everyday it's they're job to support you through your pregnancy so like France's said as long as your making healthy choices most of the time then you'll be fine .. Baby needs to get all the right nutrients so I wouldn't worry too much about your weight at this stage you have plenty of time to deal with that when little one is here x

Oooh....i think i can feel baby moving! :D I just drank some really cold fanta orange and suddenly had a real weird sensation of bubbles/tapping going on! i really hope it is the baby as i really want some reassurance that he/she is OK in there!

Oh i know Frances seeing these babies really does make you broody! My friends 6 month old fell asleep on me last night and he is just the most adorable baby such a happy baby and the smell of his hair and how warm he felt laying on me....made my heart melt. I cannot wait for my baby to be here....but i know it has lots of cooking to do first so i will try to be patient! :eek:

17 +3 weeks
I'm currently sitting outside the hospital an hour early for my consultant 16 week appointment. A colleague was going past the hospital on her way to another campus and offered me a lift as the route the bus goes has major roadworks and the traffic was bad. So I'm camped out on a bench. Fingers crossed the consultant is in a good mood today!

Food yesterday was bad bad bad! But today will be better! I feel much better than I did yesterday which is good whatever was going on yesterday drained me of all my energy!

Food today:
Breakfast: cornflakes and ss milk
Snack: hopefully a banana z and I'll resist the biscuits
Lunch: lf microwave meal of tomato and cheese pasta bake. Shape 0% yogurt.
Snack: I have another yogurt or a clementine to choose from.
Dinner: lf meatballs with tomato and chilli sauce with pasta.

I've got a sick hubby :( hes got a cold and shoe throat so I'm sure he'll be dying by the time I get home..... typical man flu symptoms ! :rolleyes:

17 +3 weeks
I'm currently sitting outside the hospital an hour early for my consultant 16 week appointment. A colleague was going past the hospital on her way to another campus and offered me a lift as the route the bus goes has major roadworks and the traffic was bad. So I'm camped out on a bench. Fingers crossed the consultant is in a good mood today!

Food yesterday was bad bad bad! But today will be better! I feel much better than I did yesterday which is good whatever was going on yesterday drained me of all my energy!

Food today:
Breakfast: cornflakes and ss milk
Snack: hopefully a banana z and I'll resist the biscuits
Lunch: lf microwave meal of tomato and cheese pasta bake. Shape 0% yogurt.
Snack: I have another yogurt or a clementine to choose from.
Dinner: lf meatballs with tomato and chilli sauce with pasta.

I've got a sick hubby :( hes got a cold and shoe throat so I'm sure he'll be dying by the time I get home..... typical man flu symptoms ! :rolleyes:
Oh good luck hun.. Let us know how it goes..
Oh no for the man flu at home... Make sure you drop everything and tend to his every need.. You know how awful manflu is... lol

Good luck hun... I have a consultant appointment today too :( Dreading it!

I'm sure they will both go ok though hun! Good luck and let us know x mine's at 2 xx

Oh good luck hun.. Let us know how it goes..
Oh no for the man flu at home... Make sure you drop everything and tend to his every need.. You know how awful manflu is... lol

Haha from just the text messages I can tell it's going to be one of those evenings! He's feeling very sorry for himself *sigh*

Had my appointment was quite amuzing as I had a medical student who was very nervous do the initial checks. BP was ok (a little high for me but to be honest I think he guessed it more than actually heard it but I was nervous for him so that could account for the higher top number! ) I had glucose in my urine which isn't a great sign so going to try and cut down on sugar but have to have a gtt test at 28 weeks anyways as my sister is diabetic so she wasn't worried. She's increasing my thyroxine dose by quite a lot so hopefully might help me not feel so tired! Everything else was fine he had a feel of my tummy and listened to heartbeat which he found straight away! Was such a lovely sound :D

So all is ok back in a couple of weeks for my scan :D

Hope your appointment goes ok Jess mine was fine both student and consultant were lovely so relax and try to enjoy it :) xx

Haha from just the text messages I can tell it's going to be one of those evenings! He's feeling very sorry for himself *sigh*

Had my appointment was quite amuzing as I had a medical student who was very nervous do the initial checks. BP was ok (a little high for me but to be honest I think he guessed it more than actually heard it but I was nervous for him so that could account for the higher top number! ) I had glucose in my urine which isn't a great sign so going to try and cut down on sugar but have to have a gtt test at 28 weeks anyways as my sister is diabetic so she wasn't worried. She's increasing my thyroxine dose by quite a lot so hopefully might help me not feel so tired! Everything else was fine he had a feel of my tummy and listened to heartbeat which he found straight away! Was such a lovely sound :D

So all is ok back in a couple of weeks for my scan :D

Hope your appointment goes ok Jess mine was fine both student and consultant were lovely so relax and try to enjoy it :) xx

Glad yours was ok honey :) and you got to hear heartbeat :D yay!!

xxx

Back