Kim's diary of being a new mum

Missy its no longer on their website but was the little circus set. The annoying thing is I bought the mobile off eBay so now I have the mobile and no bedding! Typical!

Is it worth seeing if you can get the bedding on eBay? Might be worth a go. I just mentioned it on fb but Next have some lovely bright stuff at the mo - it's jungle animal themed and really pretty! xxx

I got some of the Little Circus stuff in the summer but from an outlet store because they told me they were discontinuing it. Can't believe they still had it on the website. I'd definitely be complaining. We kind of mismatched ours though so we've got the mobile, crib sheet and blanket and rug. But we've bought other circus type things from other places. Still doesn't help when you want a theme and they've stopped it.

Yeah i knew it was discontinued but then it appeared on their website again - only the bedding set but that was enough for me, i wanted to mix and match it up a bit, but apparently they never had it. Whats annoyed me is i ordered it beginning of last week and they have only informed me of this because i chased them - otherwise i'd still be thinking the order was being processed! grrrr to mothercare!

Is it worth seeing if you can get the bedding on eBay? Might be worth a go. I just mentioned it on fb but Next have some lovely bright stuff at the mo - it's jungle animal themed and really pretty! xxx

Yeah i have had a look on ebay and there is a bundle on there so i've made a bid on it, but also going to look at the next one - i like it but i thought the characters were cuter on the mothercare one lol.

Thanks girls xx

Vertbaudet do a jungle theme too but I've not really looked at it much so don't know how nice it is. X

Yeah i knew it was discontinued but then it appeared on their website again - only the bedding set but that was enough for me, i wanted to mix and match it up a bit, but apparently they never had it. Whats annoyed me is i ordered it beginning of last week and they have only informed me of this because i chased them - otherwise i'd still be thinking the order was being processed! grrrr to mothercare! Yeah i have had a look on ebay and there is a bundle on there so i've made a bid on it, but also going to look at the next one - i like it but i thought the characters were cuter on the mothercare one lol. Thanks girls xx

The little circus stuff is lovely, such a shame they got rid of it. I don't like any of the current mothercare bedding. Think we'll be getting a lot of the next stuff in preparation for Seth having his own room! xxx

Vertbaudet do a jungle theme too but I've not really looked at it much so don't know how nice it is. X

Thanks Sarah - will have a look and see if anything catches my eye :)

The little circus stuff is lovely, such a shame they got rid of it. I don't like any of the current mothercare bedding. Think we'll be getting a lot of the next stuff in preparation for Seth having his own room! xxx

I know i really loved the little circus theme but i am liking the next one too - so will try and get to a next store to have a decent look and see what i think in real life.

34+6 weeks

Eeep last day of being 34 weeks today! In some ways it feels like it's going really quickly but at the same time does feel like it's going slowly....i wonder if it's because i feel like i am already mentally winding down from work, even though i still have 3 weeks left?!

Had my 34 week MW appointment yesterday, all is fine with me and baby :). Baby is head down and "on the brim" of my pelvis so not engaged yet but hopefully thinking about it....unless it changes it's mind and does a flip round as it still does have room aparently (certainly doesn't feel like it does!). BP is fine - it's higher than it was at booking but she looked at my doctors referral letter and my BP is pretty much what it was then so she's not at all worried she thinks thats probably my "norm" and my booking BP was already lower due to pregnancy so she was happy. So pleased that everything is OK...lets hope it continues to stay that way!

Baby really does have an attitude already - it paid me back for being poked and prodded and listened to yesterday by pressing on my bladder and making me need a wee 5 times in the night! :eek: i didn't even really need a wee as it was just a teeny trickle but the pressure was telling me otherwise...naughty little monkey! Makes me think it's a girl as all the girls in my family are very independent and only do things on their terms......boys tend to be more laid back and this one certainly doesn't appear to be laid back! :rolleyes: So we shall see!

My mood had improved so thinking my hormones have settled a little bit thankfully! :)

Hope you girls are OK! xx

Big news....i think Mike and I may have decided on our top girls name!!! :D Lets hope i don't change my mind again as i keep changing my mind! haha.

Big news....i think Mike and I may have decided on our top girls name!!! :D Lets hope i don't change my mind again as i keep changing my mind! haha.

Exciting! Glad to hear all was well with the midwife and that you're feeling better in yourself too xxx

Delighted all went well at the MW... And SOOOO jealous of your being at least almost set on a name!!! We're still no closer!!! :(

I can't wait til our last day :D

I am at least set on the name for today - but believe me i seem to go off them incredibly quick! This is a name that was bottom of my list a month or two ago..so anything could happen! We still need to find a back up name and also find a boy's name we like. :rolleyes: I'm really finding it hard so you aren't the only one!

Eeep me neither, roll on 3 weeks time! xx

I am at least set on the name for today - but believe me i seem to go off them incredibly quick! This is a name that was bottom of my list a month or two ago..so anything could happen! We still need to find a back up name and also find a boy's name we like. :rolleyes: I'm really finding it hard so you aren't the only one!

Eeep me neither, roll on 3 weeks time! xx
J suggested Abbie the other day.. And I was like "Oh yea.. I really like that"
Then I was laying in bed thinking about it and I went "ah no... We can't have that!" He was like "what are you talking about!!"
There's a place of here (not far up the road) called Abbeyleix.... So I couldn't have Abbie Lee.. Where's she from?? Abbeyleix??

I like Bobbie... For a girl... Text him today and he said yea lovely.. If its a boy!!! LOL
So still no closer.. LOL

We're 95% set on James if we have a boy (next time most likely lol) so its just sods law that we're having a girl!!!

J suggested Abbie the other day.. And I was like "Oh yea.. I really like that"
Then I was laying in bed thinking about it and I went "ah no... We can't have that!" He was like "what are you talking about!!"
There's a place of here (not far up the road) called Abbeyleix.... So I couldn't have Abbie Lee.. Where's she from?? Abbeyleix??

I like Bobbie... For a girl... Text him today and he said yea lovely.. If its a boy!!! LOL
So still no closer.. LOL

We're 95% set on James if we have a boy (next time most likely lol) so its just sods law that we're having a girl!!!

Oh girls names have been a nightmare to match with Lea/Lee weve really struggled!

Aww Bobbie is cute for a girl....trust him to think its for a boy! Lol.

I'm sure you'll decide soon enough, I just keep saying names in my head and eventually preferred the girls name we like. Boys name im now stuck on as we liked Matthew and Daniel but im finding it hard to see a baby with those names now. It's such a responsibility.

I'm so glad that I'd been adamant on my boys name since I was about 14. I'm just glad he suited it, I'd have been screwed if he didn't. Girls names I didn't even have one which is why I let Tom choose. It's hard work choosing a name. I didn't want Cole to have a 'common' name because there were loads of Sarah's when I was growing up and I always wanted a bit of a different name. But I wanted him to have a name that people would take seriously in future when he's applying for jobs etc. I know that sounds snobby but people do judge by names, I see it a lot in my job.

I think when u say them too often, u go off them?! Dies that make sense? Or is it just me?? Lol

That makes sense and probably why I'm going off of names! Lol.

I'm so glad that I'd been adamant on my boys name since I was about 14. I'm just glad he suited it, I'd have been screwed if he didn't. Girls names I didn't even have one which is why I let Tom choose. It's hard work choosing a name. I didn't want Cole to have a 'common' name because there were loads of Sarah's when I was growing up and I always wanted a bit of a different name. But I wanted him to have a name that people would take seriously in future when he's applying for jobs etc. I know that sounds snobby but people do judge by names, I see it a lot in my job.

I wish I had a definite name like you did but names I liked don't seem to go with mikes surname....I should have married based on surname obviously lol ;)

I love the name Cole... I'd never thought of it before but it's lovely and suits your little man so well! Plus as you say it's not common so you did a great job :)

Completely understand the judging names I think that's why I'm finding it so hard to decide because even if you don't want to you can't really help but make a judgement on name. I work at a uni so know it happens a lot!

Eeep 35 weeks today! 5 weeks til due date, 2 until I'm full term (eeep!) And max of 7 until baby is here! Eeek!!! Haha.

Had the craziest dream last night, I was pregnant with twins and gave birth to 2 girls who weighed 12lbs and 14lbs (!!!!! :eek:) but the midwife told me that was too much so wrote their weights as 7lbs and 8lbs on their paperwork lol. I called them Rosie (not a name ive ever thought of) and Georgia (again never considered that name).

Well the craziest thing was I was left with this huge stomach overhang from up by my boobs down to my mid thigh it was just this flat fold of skin (really unattractive lol) and I hated it so I asked the midwife to put the babies back in as I looked better pregnant..... and she did. So I ended the dream heavily pregnant again. So so weird! Haha.

That makes sense and probably why I'm going off of names! Lol. I wish I had a definite name like you did but names I liked don't seem to go with mikes surname....I should have married based on surname obviously lol ;) I love the name Cole... I'd never thought of it before but it's lovely and suits your little man so well! Plus as you say it's not common so you did a great job :) Completely understand the judging names I think that's why I'm finding it so hard to decide because even if you don't want to you can't really help but make a judgement on name. I work at a uni so know it happens a lot!

I was only so adamant on Cole as it was my Granny's maiden name and she lived next door and helped my dad bring me and my sister up when my mum left. It'll always remind me of her.
The surname thing is hard. We're lucky with Jones but when I was married years ago my surname was Picken. Imagine finding a name to go with that, especially a girls. Poppy Picken?! Lol. And the surname is just horrible in general. Glad I divorced him!!

Happy 35 weeks. You're all flying to the end now :) soon be time to meet baby!!

That dream is brilliant!! 26lbs worth of babies though....how did they get them back in?? Haha. I like the name Georgia, it's really pretty xxx

Happy 35 weeks! What a crazy dream to celebrate with lol ;)

We had no idea about boy's names - we only had one we both liked (Anders) and I went off it by the time we knew we were having a boy. The name I wanted (Jonas) Colin hated! Was typical as we had tonnes of girls names planned...

We ended up picking both Seth and Rowan from a baby name book, no deep meaning there. We just liked the names and fortunately they suited him! We had surname issues too as ours is so long so we knew we needed to pick a short name and anything double barrelled was out of the question too! It's hard but you'll know the right name once you meet your baby :) xxx

Back