Kind and loving home needed... urgently for my 2 cats

Chelsea Lou

Gold Member
Hi everyone, I wonder if anyone can help me. I recently moved into an apartment in town and was hoping against hope that my two cats (mother & son) would be ok. Unfortunately this is not the case. It is so dangerous for them to go out and they are going mad being cooped up indoors for most of the day. The only time it is reasonably safe for them to go out is during the early hours of the morning, consequently I am shattered and they are unhappy.

Lulu will be 5 years old on 31st July and her son Freddie was 4 years old last Sunday (12th July). They are both ginger and my boy is the most handsome long-haired cat!!! They both have no health problems and are fully house trained, loving and good mousers :D

I live in Camberley, Surrey and could deliver the cats within a 20 mile radius.

If you are interested or know of someone who would be then please PM me.

Many thanks.

xx

So sorry your having to rehome your cats - I do hope you manage to find a loving home for them both,

such a shame when you have had them all those years but your right for their saftey it's best for them

good luck x

You could also try advertising on Gumtree.com (It's free)
Click on your local area then post.
Hope it gets sorted soon x x

Awww, what a shame :( Hope you manage to find them a lovely home. maybe try your local freeads? Always people after cats. Good luck x

have you tried contacting the cats protection ? they should be able to help you rehome them. x

How long have you been perservering trying to keep them indoors. A cat would soon get used to being kept in provided the litter tray is kept completely clean and emptied of clumps etc daily, and washed and fresh litter twice a week. Provide plenty of toys and a scratching post. Give them lots of attention and they would soon get used to staying in. It seems such a shame to have to rehome them. I have three cats in a two bedroom flat. One of the cats which I got from the Cats' Protection League had been used to being outdoors, but very soon adapted. If you do decide to get them rehomed I wish you luck. It is almost impossible to rehome cats nowadays, and most shelters etc won't want to take them as they are all overcrowded. To further increase the chances of rehoming them, make sure their injections are up to date, and they have been spayed and neutered and are in a completely healthy condition. Good luck and let us know how you get on with whatever you decide to do.

Thank you everyone for your words of advice. It is impossible to keep them in as they just cry all the time late at night to be let out and I haven't the heart to keep them in. We are on the ground floor so they know that on the other side of the glass is freedom lol.

I am still trying to find them a home and have come to the conclusion that they might have to be separated as it is a lot to expect someone to take on 2 cats. Will keep you posted as to how they are doing.

Take care all

Lou x

Back