kindle - questions

jayde1148

Gold Member
Hi all, just wondered if a kindle is worth getting it not. I love reading but not sure about how it works and if people find them good. Also are they easy to break and get build onto? And last question can you download academic books. I am doing an MA and wondered if they would be cheaper electronically and I would save space.

Thanks x

Oh my god yes yes yes - got mine last Christmas and absolutely love it - but get the keyboard version not the new baby version though

cfc1963 said:
Oh my god yes yes yes - got mine last Christmas and absolutely love it - but get the keyboard version not the new baby version though

Thanks. Are they easy to use?

Definitely get one. They're absolutely fab and soooo easy

Thanks think I will treat myself with some money I am getting for Christmas :)

I know £89 is not a lot of money; but when its hard earnt you have to be tight with it. I am going to read the couple of paper backs I have and look in the Jauary sales - you never know!

I think my husband is fed up with the amount of books I have in the home. He keeps trying to convince me to get a kindle. I dont have a lot of money and am trying to work out if I would really benefit from one.

I'm going to get a Kindle, I was hoping to get one for Christmas but I got an iPad2 instead so I can't complain! I have downloaded the Kindle app for it but its not the same as having a Kindle. I would like the 3G one though so I am going to have to get saving up now! :D

I was going to have the 3G one
But I bought the wifi and it's great :) I just download all the books before I go anywhere

free book site

hi don't post often but i was given this site, it's called kogrid, it's really good, just click on the square and takes you to amazon, it's updted hourly/daily and all the books are free, there's books for every taste, a lot my new authors, but, i've had loads of really good reads,x

I absolutely love my Kindle! No need for the 3G as you can download enough books to keep you going while you are away. So easy to use too. DH has he latest one and he can manage to use it so that says it all!!!
Enjoy!

i love my kindle, i dont think i would ever go back to reading paper-backs. xxx

Back