Kingleds Food Diary - help needed!

Edit to dinner: roast beef instead of chicken
Swede, carrot & broccoli
2 Yorkshire pudds (5 Syns)
Gravy, 1,5 Syns
Total Syns for the day: 10.5

Still got my heb & hea left

It's interesting to read about your WW experience as I've just signed up online and am not even sure I'm going to start doing it! I've spent a lot of the weekend trying to work out how not to starve as I've only been given 26 points and it's not enough!! I thought it would give me a bit more freedom and variety but at the moment it looks a lot more restrictive than SW.

I hope you're feeling better about things now, you sound much happier to be back home with SW. It's brought you this far and now you've realised how much you like it you may get a new lease of life which takes you to target. Good luck for the coming week x

Beegee said:
It's interesting to read about your WW experience as I've just signed up online and am not even sure I'm going to start doing it! I've spent a lot of the weekend trying to work out how not to starve as I've only been given 26 points and it's not enough!! I thought it would give me a bit more freedom and variety but at the moment it looks a lot more restrictive than SW.

I hope you're feeling better about things now, you sound much happier to be back home with SW. It's brought you this far and now you've realised how much you like it you may get a new lease of life which takes you to target. Good luck for the coming week x

I really think that WW can work for people. I just don't happen to be one of them :(. I think it may have done me a massive favour though tbh. This is the first weekend I've properly stuck to plan since early January, so I definitely have a renewed enthusiasm.

I would say that it definitely gives you more freedom food wise on WW, but that was my problem! I actually didn't feel at all in control. If I had no lunch with me, subway was okay points wise, no fruit cut up for breakfast? No problem, have a bagel! The problem is that I react badly to bread, and there were more bread products available, so I ate them all cos they were allowed, hence the massive gain!

That might be my downfall too, I've been so long without bread that it would be tempting to go overboard. So far I can see me having bread for breakfast and lunch and snacking on cake bars - disaster! I've remembered the problem I had before on WW in that you can use your points on crap and it's tempting as they have the same value as say half a can of beans. I've come too far on SW to start getting into bad habits again.

At least you gave it a go though, I'm likely to bottle it before I even get started! Good to hear about your renewed enthusiasm, it's just the boost you need to get rid of that annoying gain.

Awww Kingleds, total bummer about ww. You have hard evidence that sw works for you and hopefully that is a comfort and glad to see you are employing its services so quickly.

I was seduced by the accounts of the sw defector team (well them and the promise of a bagel) on ww and managed the pp plan for one day ! After finishing my evening meal,knowing the only thing I could munch was fruit and veg I felt scared ! A bit strong I know, but I did. I just couldnt bear the thought that I might be physically hungry. Back to breadless but filling sw for me !

There is currently a thread on off topic that you might find interesting "do you struggle to see it yourself"

Lots of luck :)

Thanks Jiully -I did see that thread earlier., Kept meaning to post on it but it need more than the 2 minutes i seemed to have free at any point yesterday!

Food Plan today
Breakfast - fruit (pineapple, plum, strawberries, mango) with 35g muesil (HEB) & a mullerlight

Lunch: Salad (lettuce, cucumber, tomato, radish, pepper, spirng onion) with tuna (in brine) and balsamic vinegar

Dinner: Seafood Paella (mussels, salmon, prawns, squid) with peppers, oinions & garlc as the SF, and a salad as well. I will laos put in some chorizo (50g worth) which is 5 syns.

HEA: Milk in tea.

Morning !!!!

Food is looking yummy.

I am determined to have a couple of fish days again this week. That paella looks yummy.

Have a great day !!!

fillymum said:
Morning !!!!

Food is looking yummy.

I am determined to have a couple of fish days again this week. That paella looks yummy.

Have a great day !!!

Thanks Sue. I spent a small fortune yesterday on fish & seafood so best use it! Have you called the doc yet? Hope you feel better soon xxx

Thanks Sue. I spent a small fortune yesterday on fish & seafood so best use it! Have you called the doc yet? Hope you feel better soon xxx

Me too KL I have salmon, prawns, tuna,cod and smoked haddock in the freezer and so looking forward to eating it.
Just using up chicken today. Have made chicken and veg soup as a red day filler and am having a chicken omelet tonight, really yummy and nicked from Funcurls( Heather). I make the omelet with roasted red peppers, onions and tomatoes and of course the chicken.
Tomorrow is the start of a few fish days. I love the salmon cooked, cooled and flaked and mixed with the prawns served with salad and new potatoes with a few syns of mayo !! and perhaps a cheese sauce made with soft cheese allowance.

Colitis is literally a pain in the butt, but seems to be clearing a bit............doc has given me some new tablets so fingers crossed.

Have a great day KL and enjoy all you do,

Welshtigger said:
Mmm not had paella for ages, think I might look up some nommy recipes x

I looked at britmums site today for new recipes & found a load I'll be trying over the next few weeks :)

kingleds said:
I looked at britmums site today for new recipes & found a load I'll be trying over the next few weeks :)

That's my plan for my next day off. I love her web site. My bf has gone back to work now-well he leaves tomorrow for atleast a week-so gonna be at a bit of a loose end-and cooking might help me pass the time! xx

Right. New Day. Any danger we can get through this one without a fight on here? Getting a bit bored now......

Red Day today
Breakfast: Plum,pineapple, strawberries,mango, with 35g muesli (HEB1) and a mullerlight

Lunch: Salmon & Egg Salad (lettuce, spinach, watercress, rocket, beetroot, tomato, cucumber, pepperm radish, spring onion,

Dinner: Honey & Mustard Glazed Pork (from Britmums site) 2 syns (for the honey & mustard) with roasted butternut squash, steamed broccoli & carrots.

HEB2 & HEA - 2 Ryvita with 71g philly light

kingleds said:
Right. New Day. Any danger we can get through this one without a fight on here? Getting a bit bored now......

Red Day today
Breakfast: Plum,pineapple, strawberries,mango, with 35g muesli (HEB1) and a mullerlight

Lunch: Salmon & Egg Salad (lettuce, spinach, watercress, rocket, beetroot, tomato, cucumber, pepperm radish, spring onion,

Dinner: Honey & Mustard Glazed Pork (from Britmums site) 2 syns (for the honey & mustard) with roasted butternut squash, steamed broccoli & carrots.

HEB2 & HEA - 2 Ryvita with 71g philly light

It's all rather pathetic isn't it?
I'm wondering whether Starlight should change the name of the 'Before you start a new thread' post to 'Syn free Chocolate'
I reckon every newbie will read it then!!!!!

Shirleen said:
I'm wondering whether Starlight should change the name of the 'Before you start a new thread' post to 'Syn free Chocolate'

That's an awesome idea :) x

I couldn't give a toss if they read it tbh. It makes no sodding difference if they do or not. There are some who have read it, been directed too it on numerous occassions who insist on ignoring it. I reckon the Mods should just remove it , and the subforums and see what happens. Presumably people will then whinge about their threads not being answered cos they are immediately on the 2nd page. Then MAYBE the message will get through.

I seriously doubt it though, :sigh:

Have eaten 2 of my 4 ryvitas for the day, with 1.5 syns lurpack spreadable. Plus am going to have 1/2.a 10 syn graze box. So syns is 8.5 for day.

Food plan for today. Extra easy

Breakfast: omelette with mixed peppers, mushrooms, and baked beans

Lunch: out with a client. I am hoping to be able to choose where we go & have a salad

Dinner: carribean chicken curry (peppers,onions, potatoes,) with mixed veg (carrot,broccoli, sweetcorn)

Am saving my heb & hea for the lunch just in case.

Back