Kira's Diary (Re-start Day 5)

Hi Katy and many thanks! I'll check with KD but from what I recall (from discussions with my CDC and my friend who is a doctor) is because I am of Asian origin the BMI level is lower than for Caucasians but I agree I should check at what level the BMI should be before SSing. I can always have my 810 allowed "meal" later this evening. I just need to get a grip with why I allowed myself to have to have peanuts and not blame on TOTM hormones! Perhaps this is a good lesson for me to remind myself that I have to learn how to deal with food and control what I food choices I make. On a positive note and having time to relfect I am mentally in a better state of mind with dealing with this "blip" than I would been some time ago. So hopefully that is some kind of progression. This is going to be a lifelong "project" I know!

Ah, that makes sense.

Yup, lifelong lessons hun... and sometimes mistakes are the best way to learn, as you often don't see them coming. Sounds like you have had a good day, though!

xxx

Day 63 completed. Decided to have my allowed 810 meal of tuna and salad. I was so angry at myself for the binge on several handfuls of peanuts last night I was going to SS but decided I had to tackle my control over food. I am still working out why I lost control. However, it was a blip and I am moving on. I am not undoing the work I've put in over a few hanfuls of nuts!!

Day 64 unsurprisingly I have gained a pound since last week. However, I am not going to allow that to derail me (like I would have done in the recent past). I have to move and and stick with CD, so anyone out there who's had a mad moment don't let it spiral out of control. It's certainly what I did in the past when I'd lost the weight and it slowly crept on, I just didn't deal with it. I allowed myself to eat more than I should have, hence the weight crept back on. Going to try and have a very active few days to try and shift it and help me stick to CD. I think I will need many distractions to keep going 100%!

I'm trying to do more exercise too... wish the weather was on my side though! Good luck with today Kira.

xxx

Completed day 64 no significant problems.

Day 65 hoping for another relatively 'easy' day. My determination is back and I've moved on from the blip of the other day and the subsequent gain of one pound yesterday. I am in control again.

Thanks Emmie! Hope you have got off to a good start! You should be in ketosis by now! yeah!

Day 67 had a good day and kept hunger pangs at bay. Wish every day could be relatively easy like today!

Day 68 hoping for another good day without hunger pangs or desire to eat. Whilst I feel positive about getting back on track after that one "blip" earlier in the week I'm feeling low. I'm worried I won't lose weight. I know it is silly because if I stick to plan I will lose - I think part of it is impatience. I am annoyed at myself also because I simply haven't got into a good exercise routine depsite starting running and re-joining the gym. Got to get my act together and get some routine in place for the exercise, I know I will feel better once I start it.

Day 68 completed ok.

Day 69 daily weigh in showed 9st 2.8! So heading in the right direction! Off to the gym for the first time since renewing membership. Hoping my fitness level hasn't gone right down to zero but I guess I have to start somewhere.

Great weigh in result, well done! Have fun at the gym... big hugs!

xxx

Thanks Katy!

Day 70 and so far so good. Had a good session as gym yesterday and plan on going tomorrow. Thought I'd have one gym/running day and a rest day inbetween. Weighed 9.2.6 this morning - yes still obssessed with weighing daily, it's become part of my routine and keep me focused.

Wow Kira - I have just read your whole thread and must say congratulations!... you have been doing SO SO well on CD!! you have inspired me as well so thankyou ;) You will reach your goal - its very close!.... all the best...

Cheers Kat

Kitty thank you! I never thought I'd be an inspiration but think keeping a diary does help others. That's how I have managed this time around on CD! However, this time I am trying to address the head stuff as I go along so that I can maintain and not put it all back on by slipping into old habits!

Day 71 again so far so good. Have a bit of a tummy ache, I seem to develop it when I eat from the allowed 810 meal. I may need to spread the food allowance out?

Did a run last night and managed to increase the run from 2.27km to 2.39km which I was well pleased with given that there was a time I couldn't even run half a mile let alone just over a mile!

I am now beginning to think about maintenance but I am apprehensive about the CD food plans as I will have to try and count calories and I am wondering if I do something like Weight Watchers and intially just buy WW products I may find it easier? Will go and search some threads on this as I am sure others have had the same question. I guess it depends on what 'diet/maintenance' suits each person.

WW is great, but do come up the steps as advised Kira, it's a really important part of the plan... WW fine later, but work up the steps first. Have seen so many people leave at 810 step to join WW for just your reasons, every one of them has come unstuck. But later, once you have moved up, it seems to work well.

Just wanted to say, did you ever imagine when you started this diary that you would get to day 71? A fantastic achievement Kira and one to be proud of. As Kitty says, inspiring!

xxx

As ever, wise words Katy and I have to admit I agree. The reason I "failed" on CD last time was because I didn't work up the plans. So I am going to stick at is and simply follow the yellow book, CDC and the great advice from everyone at Minimins.

I certainly never thought I'd stick to CD for this long after so many failed re-starts!

Day 72 weigh in and lost 2 and quater pounds! Must update signature.

Day 75 (where did days 73 and 74 go?!) Been busy day so far and just sitting down for coffee and a CD cranberry bar. Had a good few days and keeping on track but finding myself really wanting to have glass or two of wine but I know that would lead to having more food! Need to read a few threads and get some more motivation, don't want to get side tracked and fall off the wagon at this stage.

Day 76 went for a run last night and managed to run 3k! Never ran that far in one go before! However, it takes take me 19 minutes so it was a very slow run! I think someone power walking could have overtaken me! My husband had to force me to go for a run in the first place and I am glad he did as I felt great having ran 3k literally around the block.

Wow... amazed and impressed! That's fantastic going, and a great way to stay motivated!

xxx

Day 77 lost practically all control?!! Will start a new thread on self sabotage/loss of control (when I figure out how to!) Did well all day, had shake for lunch, got home had soup, still felt hungry and had my 810 allowed food and then just went on what I can only best describe as a "bender". Not real food, just cheese and crackers, almonds, more cottage cheese and a tiny piece of cake. I didn't enjoy the food or even taste after first couple of mouthfuls being I wanted the feeling of being really full to make me feel so stuffed that I would stop. Only someone with a similar affliction or issue with food can perhaps understand? I reaslise I have a long way to go to fix my head. Oh! I finished it all off by having 2 glasses of wine which I also didn't enjoy.

Day 78 despite the madness of last night's complete and utter loss of control I am determined to get straight back on track. I recognise I have a long way to go mentally. I am still feeling stuffed from stretching my stomach from last night's ' binge bender'. Not to see if I can start a new thread on this.

Back