Kira's Weight Loss Diary :)

thanks Girl, the feeling is great!! im on top of the world today!! (and loving my strawberry shake that little bit more!! :) )

:talk017: fantastic

Day 8

Im on top of the world today after finding out my weight loss!! it has made me even more determined to do this!! its also shown me that I can do it - all other diets I've tried, ive given up within the first week, and then moan about how "im just the sort of person who cant lose weight". But I can lose it, and I am!! So with my extra motivation, I went to the gym after work, and burned 400cals!!

Here is what I had to eat today:

Breakfast - strawberry shake
snack - muller rice (103cals)
lunch - chocolate shake
snack - pear
Dinner - 2 salmon fishcakes (210 cals) with half a plate of salad and cottage cheese (100cals)
snack - 1 ryvita (50cals)

Bit of a bigger dinner than I usually have, but the fishcakes needed using up before they went out of date!

let the weight loss continue!!xxx

Well done on your 5lb loss Kira! :)

thanks 16, im so motivated now!! and its you ladies who are helping!!! Talking on here really stops the munchies attacking!! :) x

Day 9

today was an average day, meals were ok (although not sure about dinner) but it was the cups of tea that were bad!!

heres what ive had today:

snack - pear
Lunch - chocolate shake
snack - pear
Dinner - homemade chilli with brown rice
(not sure how many calories, but
it was a small portion and a left
a little bit)

Drinks - 3 cups of tea with 2 SUGARS IN
EACH!!!!

I forgot to take my sweeteners to my friends house in the evening, and cannot have tea without it being sweet, so had sugar!! in hindsight I should have just had something else, but I gave in! oh well, only one little mishap, and it will remind me not to forget my sweeteners again!!

have also realised it is possible to overcome my cravings in the evenings. Usually, straight after ive eaten a full meal (which is usually more than 1 portion :sigh:) I instantly get the craving for something sweet, no matter how full I am. But since ive been on slimfast, ive been telling myself to wait for an hour after dinner, and if I still crave something sweet I can have a muller rice. But after ive waited an hour, I dont want it anymore!! THE CRAVING HAS BEEN BEATEN!!

xx:p

Day 10

A good day today food wise, but not brilliant with regards to my personal life! I found out today I'm being made redundant! im looking at it as a positive, and a fresh start, but it was a bit of a shock. However, the good thing is that I know my eating habits have definitely changed. Usually, if I hear bad news, I eat. ALOT. I somehow explain to myself that I deserve it, as im having a bit of a tough time. But I havent fallen off the wagon!! I kept to my shakes yesterday, and was really proud of myself.

Heres what I had:

Snack - strawberry muller rice
Lunch - chocolate shake
Snack - 2 ryvitas
Dinner - WW chicken tikka masala

A good day, although I should have really gone to the gym to make up for my sugar intake on Tuesday night!

xxx:)

thanks faf, im really proud of myself! your right, not good news, but hopefully the saying "every cloud has a silver lining" is right!!

thanks flower, im hoping I will land on my feet and find something quickly. But ive been there a while so will still get some redundancy pay to tide me over. As long as I keep on track with the diet, and I dont let whats happening in my life be comforted by eating, then Im happy!!x

Sorry to hear about your redundancy did you have no clue it was happening?

No, not a clue!! it looks like my last working day is 16th July, and then im on garden leave for just over 2 weeks. so hopefully I manage to find a job soon!!

So sorry to hear aboput your job. Keep a positive frame of mind, this is an excellent opportunty for a new start to go with your new body!

Thanks carrot, your right! As long as I look at it as a positive, I will be fine!!! just need to find another job now. So proud of myself for not turning to food, im looking forward to Monday's weigh in even more!!
x

Day 11

Managing to stay on track after my bad news, but it is difficult!! I think I'm finding it easier as im quite positive, lets just hope the blues dont hit, I may be in trouble then!!!

Here is what I had today, bit of a mismatched day:

Breakfast - shake
Lunch - shake
Dinner - 2 bowls of bran flakes

That was it!! I didnt have any snacks. My stomach is in knots atm so it was difficult getting anything down!! hopefully tomorrow I will be back on track and have a few more calories in me!!

On a good note, I had a friend over for a girly natter last night, and where we would have usually polished off a bottle of wine each, I only drank water!! (in case your wondering, yes, she did polish off a bottle of wine!!:D)

Havent been to the gym since Monday, with all that has been going on I havent felt like it. Obvs with the football after work today I wont be able to go, but am going to make sure I go both Saturday and Sunday before weigh-in on Monday.

xxx

Back