Kirsty's Atkins Diary

Day 4 - Thursday 9th October 09

Gym: 20mins bike, 15mins x trainer, 15mins walk, 3 sets of 20 sit ups (180)

B/L: 3 scrambled eggs, cheese, bacon
D: 2 chicken breasts, mushrooms, spring onion and brocolli

Feel a bit better now, sore head has wore off. Just finished my dinner of 2 chicken breasts, mushrooms, spring onion and brocolli. Will need to find out if veg stock has any carbs in them. Still feeling a bit sick but not as bad.

Feeling 100% today. Just back from the gym it was knackering work today! lol

Hope all is good! xx

Day 5 - Friday 9th October 09

Gym: 20mins bike, 15mins walk, 10mins x trainer
B/L: 2 scrambled eggs, cheese, 2 slice bacon
D: 2 chicken breasts, spring onion, veg stock, brocolli

Well that's me back to reality today! Had such a great time away yesterday with David. Diet wise I done not bad, missed out all the carbs at our meal I had mushroom soup to start (I even declined the bread! Woo me! lol), for the main meal we had a steak and instead of chips and onion rings I asked for a green salad and then for desert I had some handmade ice creams which I'm hoping doesn't contain too many carbs?? It's more the alcohol that I'm a bit worried about we had a bottle of wine with dinner, champagne in the room some vodka with coke zero and WKD (oh oh full of sugar!) but on a positive note I did do quite a bit of swimming (hoping it cancels out some of that alcohol lol). Anyways I am hoping to lose about 1lb on Tuesday. David has told me to expect a little loss to start with in the first couple of weeks and then the weight will fall off later on. Is this correct?

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekends! How has everyone's weekends been?

Glad you enjoyed yourself - the exercise should help cancel the alcohol, i find weekends really difficult - you did really well all in all. Good luck on Tuesday!!

Thank you Shrinkingannie! Fingers crossed for Tuesday WI will be off to the gym tomorrow and Tuesday to burn off some more of that alcohol from the weekend...

Your weight loss is very consistant so far. 5lb in the first week! That's great! Im hoping for 1lb in my first week on Atkins. Am aiming low so as not to be disappointed lol.
How are you finding Atkins?

Day 6 - Saturday 10th October 09

Treat day for me. Me and David had a spa day/night at Airth Castle Hotel:

Lunch: babybels, pepperami, pork sausage things (100% pork)
Exercise: 30mins swim
Dinner: mushroom soup, ribeye steak with salad (half an onion ring), handmade ice creams with a little shortbread.
Alcohol: half bottle champagne in room before dinner, shared bottle of wine with dinner, some vodka and coke zero, some WKD.

Wasn't too bad diet wise I hope!

Day 7 - Sunday 11th October 09

Breakfast at the Castle: scrambled eggs, 3 slice bacon, mushrooms, 1 sausage
Lunch: babybels and pepperami left from previous day.
Dinner: Whole cooked chicken

Day 8 - Monday 12th October 09

Gym: 20mins bike, 15mins walk, 3 sets 20 sit ups + 30 extra = 210 altogether
Lunch: tin tuna, cucumber and mayo. Babybel
Snack: babybel
Dinner: 2 rump steaks, mushrooms, onion, brocolli

Wine, champagne & spirits with diet coke/coke zero are low carb or carb free so that wont have done too much damage, it just puts your fat burning on hold while your body burns the alcohol.
The mushroom soup probably had flour in as a thickener but hopefully not too much. Ice cream was probably the worst thing, as it's 25% sugar and lots of milk but you never know what the quantities were if it was handmade.

I think the most important thing is you had a good time :)

I've found the weight loss to be the other way around, big losses at first then it slows down to small steady losses as the diet goes on. I do think it has a lot to do with how much you have to lose as well. As you've only got a stone to lose you may find it falls off slower than someone who has 5 stone to lose for example.

Thanks honey! I didn't realise ice cream had 25% sugar lol I really shouldn't have had the dessert but David ordered a sticky toffee pudding and when the waitress asked me I found myself saying the handmade ice creams please lol I think the wine was kicking in by that point :p he he. Anyways I had a wee swim when we got there so hopefully that will help...

Babybels and pepperamis? Not sure if that was a good idea or not?? We went to Tesco beforehand for our alcohol and David was wanting snacks so instead of sweeties and crips I thought I'd better get some cheese and meat (probably processed but checked the carb count and wasn't too much) I find babybells good snacks. Are we allowed them in induction?

Roll on Tuesday Weigh In!! :D

I'm sure I read somewhere they were 100% edam cheese? So long as you get the Original and not the Light version.

Day 9 - Tuesday 13th October 09

Gym: 20mins bike, 10mins walk, 10mins x trainer, 3 sets 20 sit ups
Lunch: 2 scrambled eggs, cheese, 4 rasher bacon (fat cut off), mushrooms, onion, babybel
Dinner: Steak, onion, mushrooms, brocolli

Last edited:
Morning!

You don't want to know what I have eaten and drunk over the last 4 days. ;)

Hi Jim! Great to have you back.

Yes I do!! Tell all.... lol

ah well, :sigh: let's just say it wasn't legal and the 5 pounds I lost before the weekend has turned into a 4 pound gain, so it's strict induction for me. Mind you I'm strangely not hungry at all today, :) must be all those carbs swimming around in my body.

Ach you'll lose it no bother! Talking of swimming I'm just back from a session at the gym and a loong swim lol 70 lengths = 1,750 metres! I'm absolutely starving now! Away to make a healthy portioned lunch! lol

Aw yeah, I love swimming! First time going on my own I have been pondering the idea for ages but never had the confidence to do it and finally have and it was great!

I used to love swimming as well, now I'm just plain lazy. :p

Back