Kirsty's cruising forward & not looking back

kirsty822001

Silver Member
Hello,
Ok diary am 4 days into attack and feeling good! The book said 5 days the website said 2 so after a 6lb weight loss I am going to start cruise tomorrow. DH has stopped calling me chappie dog food breath, I think he & the kids are used to it now.

Started this in october 2011 and finished attack then did bit of cruise, that was it,, illness then surgery happened and then I had to eat my way to recovery, actually I didnt have to but I told myself I needed to :(

So after a small scare last week with a faulty boiler and me feeling very ill over last few weeks, I am now feeling better and ready to take on the world. Maybe not the world but I am focused on my weightloss journey.

I understand the diet more this time i think, am ready to try lots of different recipes and hope that you will all continue to post ideas,tips and give me a much needed kick up the rear if / when I need it! I have to admit I have become slightly obsessional already with packaging, I have no idea why my head looks at stuff and thinks I wonder if we can have that, I have no idea what I would need to look for! I saw low fat sausages in lidl earlier they had zero carbs and 22 fat, not a clue if thats good or bad but then I woke up to quickly put them back and remind myself they are not on the list.!!

These kind of head wars are what get me losing control with food in the first place!

I did buy fat free greek style muller coconut yog,, think they are new? I now realise from posts on here that mullers are not the best so I will use them up in muffins,( thank dukan for those!)

Off to finish making roast dinner for the tribe, then its time to get myself summin!

Hiya kirsty nice to read your diary your doing so well let the family eat the new yoghurts, and sounds like this time your in the right mindset to succeed get posting I look forward to reading your journey, and I'm taking your advice and taking my measurements now even if I'm half way through my weight loss so I now can benchmark the rest of my journey good luck xx

Welcome Kirsty, i look forward to following your journey x

Hi and thanks for your replies and encouragement ;-) No weight loss this morning, sts not bothered, its time to move into cruise and I a enjoying mushroom, eggs and 3 baby plum toms lovely breakie! Got hard day today, 7hrs cleaning booked in, (not mine my house needs doing but I dont ge paid to do that! & I have no time till tom/weekend ) Then I plan to go for a run, been doing couch potato to 5k, I am on week 4 and enjoy it. Thats if I have any energy left!
Got couple muffins, ff yog (not muller) and bit mackerel to take if I am hungry at work, I tend not to stop to eat just drink water. Looking forward to chicken & stir fry veg later, am cooking fajitas for rest of family, I dont like them so I wont feel like am missing outand am so pleased to be including veg and salad!

So 86 days of cruise and 1st 9.8lb to lose, looking forward to the ups and hopefully learning to deal with the downs! I learnt yesterday that I didnt eat enough during the day then stuffed my face all evening with chicken and paprika,natural ff yog,egg,3 muffins and tblspn goji berries, I ate really late so maybe thats why I had no loss today. I am going to try to eat my lunch to prevent being starving and eating late again.
Hope u all have a great day and are focused x

Evening Kirsty, I eat even if I'm not hungry at 10 breakfast, 12 lunch, 5 Dinner and a snack at 8 ish. I feel better in myself when I do keeps my body on an even keel, I know its hard but try to eat at work your going to long without fuel x

Hi sididd , I ate the mackerel and one muffin about 12 then had nothing until now almost 6pm ;-( am st a r v i n g ! eaten 8 tiny tiny plum toms some lettuce leaves and alice cucuamber, couldnt remember if we could have cucumber and didnt want to wait to check, so had one slice. Have sliced and diced and have a pan with my veg,fresh ginger,fresh garlic,fresh chilli,bit water, sweetner and bit white wine vinegar will add diced chicken & stick in a bit of diet coke when cooking, this is my fav meal normally with a huge plate of rice, but I dont need that tonight! I dont think i could put it on mashed cauli I did think about it as we have some from yesterday, I may just heat some up and try it to see!
Also I have some prawns defrosting and some chicken pieces in oven, for snacks later/lunch tom. I made the sweet n sour recipe ellie1969 (think thats right) kindly posted for me and OMG its delicious!!! My dd (12) came running in and said that smells lush what are we having!! I am keeping it for dipping my chicken/prawns into.

DH is 'sick' of me going on about food hahaha I told him he needs to look at his belly which seems to get larger every year! Not being to hard on him things been awful lately with his work, we are awaiting a disiplinary, looks like he will lose his job ;-( but the stress will NOT affect my dukaning ;-)

I've never tried it but there's a few Dukaneers grate cauliflower and zap it in the mircowave to have with curry,stir fry etc., and love it. Disiplinary not a good time, but keep focused you've started so well don't let stress spoil your journey x and I'm doing Ellies sweet chilli Saturday when ive been shopping x

Thanks sididd, your words were v much appreciated this morning! after the high of attack and my 1st day of cruise today I was a bit deflated. PP day so not as exciting as pv day! was absolutely shattered last night and had lay in this morn, woke up a bit stressed, then jumped on scales, sts, well actually my scales were acting weird. Yesterday I got on them and it said 11st 4.2lb then flashed straight away to 11st 4lb then flashed on 11st 3.8lb it stayed at that so I took that to be my weight.

This morning it did the same then came up error ;/ I weighed 3 times, even got dh to weigh, the last time i weighed it said 11st4.2lb ahhhhh soo annoying!! Anyhow I decided that todays pp day is just what is needed, think my weight may have been that yesterday, but whatever it is I am still very determined to carry on!
Your words were fab, 'dont let stress spoil your journey' thankyou xx

I really REALLY dont want to undo all my hard work! SO today I am going to try to find time to make something gorgeous for tea and have a go at making the dukan crunchy breakfast cereal, I found it on dukan facebook site, they were advertising the new cereal and someone said they made their own!! Will let you know how it turns out , thanks again for wise words and support, am not normally such a wimp xx

Yes I saw that on the face book site too liked the idea of making it as a snack, while watching a film x

Had the most delicious dinner, was a bit of a misery this morning, headache, felt sick, had a 3 turkey rashers and egg for bfast, then cuppa an muffin, felt bit better. Made myself eat at 1.30pm, chicken and few prawns and bit of sweet n sour sauce made yesterday, had lots of water today. Decided to make more muffins, took a visit to the 'spice of life' to get goji berries , the lady in holland and barrett told me to go there as u get a huge bag for £8, in h & b i had paid £2 summin for a tiny bag. Got a victorian spice mix from the spice shop 50p and some free range eggs then I found chinese five spice £1.25 about enough to fill 5 spice jars so cheap!! I asked him what was in them as they mix it themselves, no added sugar, just spices!
He did say if there was anything I wanted he will try get it in for me.
Came home and made muffins with teaspoon of victorian spice mix , also put a tblspn soaked gojis in and oh my they are lovely, its like mixed spice but definitely more spicy,,hahaha that sounds stupid! Have frozen plain ones made yesterday and some of todays in portion bags.

I made 2 huge homemade pizzas for family (every fri I make those) and they had pasta and sauce with it, I love making the pizza dough its dead simple and I wasnt bothered I wouldnt be eating it! I did nip out to sains to get uht milk when they were bringing pizza out oven !

Came back made my tea ; was 1 tiny bit of spring onion, rump steak with sprinkling of pepper and one of the huge free range eggs I bought today, dried fried and then I chucked water in the pan, put more on the egg to kinda poach cook it in pan. I then added some mustard to ff yog and had that to dip my steak into it was scrummy!!

I have got yoghurt in my slow cooker , thought i would try to make it as tried and failed with my old slow cooker which burnt everything, fingers crossed.

Then I made the dukan breakfast cereal balls and they are....well crunchy oatbran balls !! they seem perfectly crunchy not sweet I will sprinkle sweetner on top when eating, may have with milk/yog and maybe 1/2 tbsp gojis. Am just planning meals for tomorrows pv day, hubbys off to footie from 7am wont be back till late evening ;-) I will be reading/planning and making dukan stuff all day if I can!!

Love your menu today very tasty xx sounds like your kitchen is certainly a Dukan zone xx

I MADE YOGHURT am sooo excited! LOL MY bfast is burning but had to shout about my yoghurt,,am a happy dukaneer!

Get you Kirsty, your more adventurous than me lol, hope it was Nice x I've been to lakeland today and been given another £10 off voucher in the little book for a yoghurt maker runs out in june so will have to decide to buy....or not....to buy x

oooh a yohurt maker now that sounds fab! I made it in my slow cooker, I tried it before and it didnt work but my old slowcooker was massive and burnt everything including milk! I was surprised that it worked aand it was so easy! Going to make more today, although I still have loads left, its thick and creamy and v v tasty!

Had good day yesterday, sts weight wise but thats fine I understand it can take a wee while for my body to get used to cruising and losing!b
Was a busy day but nothing I had planned, hubby and eldest son went off at 7am to watch footie, they werent home till 7pm. Got up with many plans but we had a bunny crisis, kids thought they had been fighting (the bunnies) but one of them was pulling her fur out making a nest, we were panicking she has never done it before, she is blind in one eye they are sisters we have had them since 6weeks ish,,I need to book them in to be spayed (both female) as these phantom pregnancies are apparently not good, they get stressed ;-( and also they are prone to cancer and uterine infcns, I did ask the vet last yr, when they were being immunised, she told me they were too young and werent fighting so didnt need to be, found out yesterday that was bad advice ;-( so will be calling different vets tom and booking them in. So we spent all morning with the rabbits.! They are v spolit honest, they come in sometimes and sit on couch on bunnie fleece blankets and watch cartoons, each rabbit has his own blanket and own 'snacks and the kids have popcorn really is v funny they do actually watch tv!
Made sure I ate lunch before we went off shopping, i really wasnt hungry, had late bfast but had meat off 2 scrawny tesco chicken legs and boiled egg with salad leaves and few bits of peppers.

Talked kids into having easy tea, burgers n chips, used cunning plan of waiting till hubby was nearly home so he could pick up chips and dish them out for the 4 of them whilst I made my chicken and veg stir fry. Had 2 spiced muffins and more hm yog at 10pm with a cuppa, enjoyed my food!!

Weighed today .4 off so am goin down! Had late bfast, actually was 12pm! was faffing around upstairs for ages, wasnt hungry when i woke at 10! SOOO lazy seem to b v tired, mind u had horrible week cleaning, was harder work as hadnt been to some houses for 2 weeks and lets just say not much had been done in 2 weeks! bleagh

So had 2 turkey rashers and a big fresh farm egg soo lovely with a huge mug of tea and a muffin with a dolop of my yog ontop.

Have a very interesting afternoon of ironing and cooking roast chicken dinner for family, we eat cooker dinner at 6ish. I hate sundays always same, cooking,cleaning,washing ironing whilst everyone relaxes. Have a great day all xx

Hey a loss is a loss it all adds up, love bunnies we always had them when I was at home, and again for my boys. I love big fat white ones....hubby and me went to local agricultural show and the rabbits were showing, hubby said about me and him getting one as one was free to good home but once we were home, he changed his mind. Have a good Dukan afternoon xx

Whoo hoo another 1lb off!! Official weigh in for this week will be thurs.
PV day for me today and another full week of cleaning,6hrs booked in for today, my ladies are so lovely, so appreciative, got my ipod loaded up with podcasts this morn to listen to whilst I clean. Not had much kip, hubby was awake with sore back didnt get to sleep till 3.30 and was back awake at 6, did have 2 nice lie ins on sat and sun.

Good start to week, think it may be PMT week so that will be interesting whilst on dukan, hopefully not too challenging. Have a good day.

Well done keep up the good work Kirsty...pmt bet you feel better with this diet....I feel that without sugar in our diet it stop the highs and lows of sugar in the blood, I myself am a calmer person( don't have totm now...havent got the bits lol) since I started Dukan, and defo think this diet is to be thanked for that. xxx

Thankyou Paulinegin, made me giggle too!
That makes sense Sididd as sugar defo would cause my mood swings!
Adventure with the scales this morning!! Put on 1lb, tried to tell myself my body is adjusting to cruise and yesterdays pv day was the reason, went over in my head what i had eaten, was it too much veg? Had a drink of water and whhoooooooooosssssshhhhhhh quick visit upstairs and weighed again and stayed the same hahaha!

Much better now! Even though I knew I hadnt eaten anything I shouldnt have, I still had it all going on in my head. It wasnt enough for me to be annoyed or upset, I just had some doubts, anyhow I will get there and learn to trust what I am eating and my body. I think I am waiting the pmt bloat, will see.
Have a great day, I need to remember to go get more supplies after wrk, defo need to be prepared, gonna make mince flan I think, I cant seem to bring myself to make it, every time I imagine the taste I think its gonna be like mince quiche ?!

Back