Kirsty's cruising forward & not looking back

Weighing after pv day a lot of Dukaneers weigh more but its just water retention, your doing great and yes trust yourself you know what your eating is good so have faith Dr.Dukan knows best lol, write down in your diary everything you eat then and unintentional hickups can be picked up quickly x, forget the flan tasting like quiche, its nice but has s taste of its own x and I see you've now met the Whooosh Fairy..... lol have a great evening xxx

YUMMY!! made the mince flan tonight just had some and its lovely, like a moist meatloaf!. I also learnt another life lesson, I had decided to add a bit more than one teaspoon of chilli powder, so its quite warm!! Maybe I find it hard to be told what to do, but i seem to think i know best ;-( so next time i will just follow the recipe! It was the same when i made lemmon and coffee muffins I ruined them by not sticking to the recipe, lesson learnt!!!!

I have lost the battle with the cocoa powder calling me from the cupboard, I put a teaspoon (HEAPED HIGH!) into my muffin mixture, they smell lovely but really I know I am not supposed to have them as it should be reduced fat cocoa, I was defo in my rebelious mood, cleaned for 6hrs, went for run and pushed myself to run for alot longer than normal, so my reasoning in my head was I deserved' cocoa powder and it wont hurt. ;-( agghhhh if my mind was blank I would be fine!!
I have recovered my thoughts back to dukan and decided I dont want to undo all my ggod work so I am leaving them in oven until hubby and kids get back and going to see if they like them and will eat them, if they dont I will freeze them and force them on the kids at a later date!
I have defrosted 4 lovely spiced and goji berry ones for later, crisis and mad moment over but i think I am learning what goes on in my head that I used to 'justify' eating crap beacuse I was ill/annoyed/pmt/upset/tired/happy/depressed/bored/delete as appropriate. Those habits and rewards need to be changed to fueling my boday healthily and rewarding myself with other things! I bought some johnsons baby bath as I love the smell, (all that talk of babies Siddid!) and it reminds me of my babies when they were small, so after my run I had the biggest bubble bath which smelt lovely! My daughter Mair told me how she loved that smell!
I also relearnt today that I DIDNT EAT ENOUGH DURING THE DAY in caps to remind me to eat the food I take to work and to stop and eat some!!

I feel better now after getting that all out! Bit of an essay but I find it really helps! I was thinking today last yr I did slimming world and you meet once a week, u sometimes get a txt of support in that week, but here the support and advice is amazing, it truly helps when we are all in the same boat. (with Siddid at the front!!!) xxx

Hahaha ooooo thank Kirsty you know I love been at the front of the boat hahaha, and you keep writing your essays that's what our diarys are for x I said to Hubby the other day/night the same about diet clubs...go in pay your subs, little talk home, over for a week. Whereas hear its constant day or night, you can talk through rough times and the praise off these girls/ blokes is second to none. You'd gladly pay for the support, advice recipies that's hear. With Dukan and mm we will for the last time slim down and stay down xxx have a great evening

1st week of cruise done and 2.6lb lighter YIPEEEEEEE!! had a busy day yesterday, I didnt get on here to post but had a great pv day, didnt have quite so many veggies with my chicken stir fry last night. Have binned all the mullers and choc muffins, so am feeling focused and lighter WHOOP WHOOP!

8lb in less than 2 weeks is a great feeling. I have already found what I like (spiced muffins and hm yog & steak and eggs with mustard sauce) and what I dont like ( chicken drumsticks,cold quiches and the lemon muffins i made but will try them again).

Had lovely afternoon with the bunnies 'helping' me garden, they were digging and stretching out in the sun, have booked them in for next wed to be spayed,,ahh my poor little girls! Best for them and those hormones that have kicked in are not great, should stop them hunping each other and fighting now and again. I repotted aload of plants, had spilt some geraniums and they had rooted so stuck em in pots, general tidy up in garden and my back was killing! The morning was spent at work, got there to clean and their kid was home alone sick ;/ he is 12 but i know they only left him alone for the morning knowing I would be there, He was ok, made him a drink but really Its a bit naughty , they came back after 2 hrs, I just wasnt comfortable about it.

Anyhow one mansion to clean today and then 2hrs with my fortnightly elderly couple who are hysterical! Then am off friday, need to clean my own house!! Looking forward to a 4 day holiday.

Fantastic 8lb in less than two weeks that's fantastic. Kirsty your doing realy well, and I can feel you determination to succeed this time, you menus are imaginative great to read your diary and your losses keep going girl wwwwwwwwhhhhhheeeeeyyyyyyy xxx

Kirsty.....Kirsty......are you still there????? You've been awfully queit the last day.... hope your Dukaning well and all ready for the weekend ahead xxx

YOUUU HOO ;-)) I am here!
Sts, no change in weightloss, I expected a gain as star weekend. Had major flip out fri evening ;-( I have been a good dukaneer, planned meals but was going out fri, twas a pv day I was a bit irritable, had usual turkey rashers,egg,toms x 2 tiny and mushrooms for bfast about 10, had day off too, was busy though me and hubby were sorting stuff and doing diy, then dyed my hair .
Lunch was mackerel salad, small bowl salad one 1/2 piece mackerel, pint water then cuppa and muffin. Tea at 6pm was 3 mushrooms, 3/4 green pepper slices an loads of chicken , chinese 5 spice and diet coke, it wasnt loads I am not sure I ate enough, I wasnt hungry and felt off food... I went to find summin to wear, tried loads on, YES I could see my clothes were loose, I even found one blouse that done up but looked awful, muffin top! Anyway oh came in when i was all stressed and I bit his head off, I felt a bit dizzy and sick when getting changed, then I had terrible period pain, anyhow I decided I really wasnt feeling at all sociable, so put my jim jams on and watched tv.
This is different from normal, usually i feel arsey for a day or so b4 my star arrives! I feel ok emotionally today, am in loads pain but some months are like that an it doesnt last long. So hubby was peed off we didnt go out but there will be other nites;-/
Not having anything that fit me apart from the same old same old really got to me, its so stupid, but it really mattered at the time. I really didnt want to go out an spoil all my hard work,I wanna give it a bit longer b4 I do that! I also wanted to look good but didnt feel it.
Felt great today though!!
Have made a lovely tea, was gonna get steak, hubby n kids to have steak panninis me just steak, anyhow steak was expensive for 5 of us, so bought a silverside joint, actually i bought 2, £6 each in tesco, they had it in panninis with chips and salad, I had sliced steak, ff yog & mustard sauce, a dolop of reduced sugar tom ketchup and a tiny shred of spring onion, also had 8 large prawns and ate the lot with my fingers much to hubbys disgust! i really enjoyed it esp the ketchup.
This morning we went into town, took dd's friend and my hubby and youngest son came. After shopping they were all hungry and went to mcd's I can proudly say I WENT INTO MCD'S AND ATE MACKEREL HAHAHa I went into waitrose opposite and that was the only thing i could find, grabbed that and bottle of water, looked at nice hams but they all had added sugar, so did cooked chicken ;/ First time ever been in mcds and not had their food! The smell was lovely,I got up to go to toilet, when i came back hubby said ur bum looks well nice in those jeans ;-) the kids were suitably embarrased!!! These are my jeans I havent worn before as i bought them and they never fit yeyyyyy , I have defo lost weight off my rear, its not big anyway now it is bony on the chairs! Why cant it go off my belly and boobs first?!

Pv day tom, cooking roast pork dinner for family,I will have left over beef and veg, i have bought celariac but gotta have a look on here to see what to do with it! I have a cauli aswell, i really want cauli cheese!!!!!!! I would be happy with cauli and a bit of cheese melted ontop under grill but the only cheese we can have is quark isnt it? doubt that will go bubbly and brown ;-(

Morning nice bum lol, great compliment from OH there Kirsty. Remember to keep of the pork, I know, I know its my favorate too, but its not worth it. Shame you never went out with hubby....I was the same, frightened incase I spoilt everything, I know you had TOTM but don't make yourself a hermit because of Dukan, I did at first. Oooo and celeriac I love it, boil it and mash it with black pepper, a great substitute to potatoes I think...you've got to do the salmon and mustardy celeriac in the recipoe thread, best meal I've ate on Dukan have a great day xxx

:) 1lb off this morning ! been out to muddy beach looking for razor clams, we tried to copy the tv, dunno what programme but we put salt in holes to mimick sea coming in, it didnt work ;-/ HAHAHA doing r pork dinner for them, i hate pork so will b havin beef, I will mash the celeriac and have it like u said with pepper, that will be a first! I will try the salmon one when i get some salmon, thanks.
Gonna make more muffins, dd keeps eating them!!! I also am gonna have a go at making crispy tofu in a bit, see what thats like, am guessing it will be yack!

Kirsty a 1lb off whoop, great news not belong before muffin top will be a thing of the past xxx

I MADE CHIPS !!! OMG O<M<G !!!
I cut celeriac in to thick pieces, par boiled half, took them out and cut them into chips, sprayed with fry light and sprinkled with a seasoning (bit of everything in it) stuck in oven for ages until they were crispy YUMMY had one and saving rest to go with my cold beef and salad ;-) Mashed the rest of the celeriac with pepper it was lovely very potato like! So glad u suggested it sididd and other threads as I would never have tried it!

Kirsty now im going to have to make Kirstys chips, so much i want to cook while im off, will do them tomorrow with steak and Dukan peppercorn sauce yummy,yummy.:D:D

I just ate the 'chips' with bit of reduced fat an salt ketchup YUM but earlier for dinner I had sliced beef,splash gravy,mashed celeriac, large spoonful of mashed turnip with bit of carrot and 2 stalks of cauli and 2 brocoli OOPS I think i have overeaten?! It was the nicest dinner, actually felt like i was eating a full meal, thats the most i have eaten on cruise ;/ I did really really enjoy it but i am sure i will have put on a ton of weight ! I felt really naughty which prob means it was too much.ah well pp day tom and I am looking forward to it!
I am gonna buy another celeriac for tues am so excited, I love chilli with potato wedges and sweet potato BUT now i can have chilli with celeriac chips instead, I did try butternut squash again but i really hate it roasted. Still never got round to making tofu, made more spiced goji muffins and got yoghurt on the go in me slow cooker.

Last edited:
Kirsty now im going to have to make Kirstys chips, so much i want to cook while im off, will do them tomorrow with steak and Dukan peppercorn sauce yummy,yummy.:D:D

you will not be disappointed!! I sprinkled some all seasoning thingy over it I had in cupboard but tom will use praprika they took a while to cook but i was cooking pork too. I would easy eat the whole celeriac made into chips! My daughter Mair loved them of course! She loves everything I like including those muffins ;-)

Mair is that a welsh name?

yes its welsh for Mary, its pronounced Myah but if ur welsh its Myairrrrrr. She is Mair Rose after the good ship LOL (not really )

Hi Kirsty looks like you've been a busy bee in the kitchen - Love celeriac but havent seen it in the shops lately did wonder if it was seasonal. Shame you dont like BNS love it roasted with a Sunday roast dinner :) like any veg roasted really

Your daughter's name is lovely my middle name is Mary after my 2 grannies and my Mum

x

Blimey, Nigella, oops I mean Kirsty .... you're putting us all to shame!!! :D

I can see there's going to be a run on celeriac!!

P x

i cant get celeriac either :(

finally found celeriac in tescos....no wonder i couldnt find it it was tiny compared to what a buy at meat wholesalers, top shelf where tomatoes were wrapped like they do with turnips and as big as a small turnip!!!!!! but hahaha it tastes the same mmmmmmmmmm

Back