Kirsty's cruising forward & not looking back

jan9209 said:
Awww sididd your like the fairy dukmother lol x

Hahaha just had a vision of me in a tutu and sparkly tights on hehehe xxx

Kirsty, it's a nightmare, isn't it? I have 4 kids and I can't think of one meal that they will all eat with relish. Roast chicken is my Sunday dinner staple, but one child won't eat the chicken, or carrots, or parsnips, or butternut squash... she ends up with a plate of roast potatoes!

I hope you get your hair sorted to your liking soon. You feel so conspicuous when your unhappy with your hair, don't you? Blonde must be easier to maintain than dark, once the grey starts showing. x

Stick with the hair, it will grow on you . Sadly I'm too dark to go blonde :-(

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yey another 1lb off, not the greatest weightloss this week, defo because of 2 nights on the vodka, am well over how hungry I was after being out drinking. I have realised I prob dont eat enough protein after reading other posts. I upped my protein yesterday and day before and down a pound. So this weeks plan is make nice meals and eat lots of protein.

I also learnt when the scales dont move, my mind tells me I would b ok eating crisps and choc, I didnt but it was hard.

4 days off so am going to clean my house, get beds stripped washed and changed and hopefully find time to get to garden centre. Cant wait for Monday and more blonde in my hair! Also dreading Monday as hubby gets sacked probably ;-( hey ho at least all the stress of the last 5 weeks will be over and we can move on.
I have shorts on!!!! Not any old shorts shorts that were too small for last 2 yrs, now they are 2 big!! I need new clothes! Enjoy the sun all ;-)

A loss is a loss Kirsty, shame about hubbys job but like you said you can close the book and move on. Don't loose the lovely sunshine your housework will wait xxx enjoy your time off xxx

OMG sooo struggled at times,,today ;-( but i have got to 18.20 and not caved in yet ;-)
so far b- Total yog 0%, rhubarb and 2 spiced muffins
l- chicken breast and jelly (not tog!!)
Loads of water!

3.30pm 2 turkey rashers and a fried egg

I have made 2 massive homemade pizzas (yep fris in our house is pizza an pasta night) I also made a tray of rich choc brownies, Mair was bored so she made it with my help. I was busy making more dukan muffins!! Had to or would have caved!!

I made more jelly and yog, still got more chicken to eat, not sure what to have it like yet, prob with spices. I also got 4 muffins left to eat today, no rhubarb or yog left, olympic torch just gone past top of my road and traffic nightmare!!! Not going out as thousands of people around! Already been to 4 shops locally with no luck ;/

I am planning to make dukan custard and maybe dukan choc mug cake as a treat tonight, dunno yet!!
I could use custard powder as a tolerated item I think??
BUT also today arrived some dukan goodies :D more biccys this time hazlenut, dukan clusters cereal and dukan oat bran bars,,so will maybe have one of those instead of mug cake n custard. ahhh desicions!!
PP days are not my friend sometimes!!! Did tell myself small sacrifices need to be made to enjoy tomorrows pv day and to continue to lose weight, I defo thought ahh sod it today, i have lost a stone so one slip wont hurt,,OMG what monster was sitting on my shoulder!!

I am v thankful for this forum, really I could hear all my virtual friends telling me to find something dukan friendly and eat it!
My hubby was sweet i told him i was struggling and he said, 'I will serve tea go sit down' he also said go online and speak to the dukan girls! So tea is over, time for me to sit scoff chicken an decide what dukan treat to have ;-)))))))) thanks for listening!

Kirsty what a day you've had....your doing great and hubbys so suportive how can you fail x your baking your way through the throws of that little voice on your shoulder, I know you won't give in your too strong for that. Bash the little bugger off and stamp on him. Relax and have your treat, pv day tomorrow come on girl you can get to tw in no time.....and any way what is a dukan chiocolate mug cake?????

Top marks to hubby and top marks to you too, Kirsty.

Every single little victory counts. Well done, you :D

P x

thanks gorg online dukan friends!! I defo battled, I told myself if i still feel like crisps/brownies/pizza later then i will have it but i gotta eat chicken and i have to make some kinda sauce so its not bland,,,,,,soooooo I just had chicken breast couldnt eat anymore, quark mixed with bit mustard I had a can of pepsi max as not had any pop for 4/5 days it was nice!! So now I havent had any tolerated items today (well wheatbran in muffins but am not counting that hahaha) So I could still have one of the dukan goodies that arrived, I am thinking cereal and milk later or biccys and a cuppa whoop
OR the rest of my muffins with a cuppa or the mug cake, i found 2 recipes online one is using cornflour & cocoa & baking powder (not sure can have all of those as tolerated items on cruise) sure its just 2. The other recipe is using oatbran etc,,heres the recipes:-

Mug Cake no 1
1 tblspn cocoa powder
1 tblspn cornflour
1 egg
1.5 tablespoons fromage frais (I will use quark as all I got!)
1/8 tsp baking powder
sweetner to taste, prob 1.5/2 tablespoons

mix together put in micro for 100 secs (thats what recipe said!)

Mug cake no 2

2 tblspns Oat Bran

2 tblspns Skim Milk Powder

1/2 tspn low fat Cocoa powder

sweetner to taste

1 Egg

3 - 4 tablspoons skim milk

Beat Egg & 3 tsp of milk together, add oat bran, milk powder, sweetner,cocoa & baking powder.
Mix v well, it should be quite liquid, Add 1 tspn of milk if needed.
Microwave on high 850w 3 mins
they used a pyrex jug to make it.

will try the first recipe so i can have muffins aswell for my oatbran allowance :)

AHHHH just seen my youngest son on news!! Shaking hand of guys walking alongside olympic torch hahahaha I didnt go to watch (top of our road) kids went up,, ahh bless him he is so chuffed!

Last edited:
Kirsty I can totally relate to your earlier post, I too have read a few posts & i don't think I am eating enough protein. I'm going to up it this week & see how it goes. I can also relate to devil on your shoulder telling you to eat rubbish when the scales don't move ! I've really struggled this week & I don't know why.

Awwwwwww your hubby sounds lovely & so supportive, TDM thinks by saying " you can't have that" he is helping when in fact he makes me want it all the more even if i hadn't have been bothered in the first place.

You're doing really well, try & hang on in there ........I think I should take my own advice :) x

oh i might try the 2nd mug cake as not had my bran today yet

that was quite nice and filling with a bit vanilla quark icing :D will stick a pic in my diary

Good morning Kirsty hope all is well this Dukan Sunday xxx

CPL said:
And a magic wand in one hand and cooked whole chicken in the other!! lol ha ha ha

Well your chicken sid suited lol I used to love roots with chicken georgexxx

C, we've got in on dvd, hubby loves it xxx

Back