Kirsty's cruising forward & not looking back

OOOOOHHHH you lucky duck - 9LBS in months - I put on 10lbs in a week in the USA!!!! With a couple of days on attack most of that will be gone and you will be cruising your way to target...... Your first post this week needs to be printed and put on your fridge to remind yourself HOW MISERABLE you were feeling when you were 'out of control'....... I try and remind myself of how bad I feel when eating badly to stop the binges that happen on the odd occasion!!! Drives me nuts!!! WELCOME BACK! x

THANKYOUUUUUUUUUUUU It certainly felt like alot more than 9lb I was easting bread every day and loads of crap but i think maybe stress and me taking on alot more work and probs with my throat/inhalers has helped me burn some off. Honestly I figured it was well over a stone. So I looked back through my previous weightloss, I had been feeling out of control and nothing fits, BUT I reminded myself when i lost weight and got down to 10st 11 before I felt amazing, so I used that thought last night, getting ready to go out instead of being miserable nothing fits & I had put ON weight instead I found something that did fit and made myself think that not long ago that size/weight /feeling was fabulous after losing a stone so I told myself fabulous is a good place to start again ;-)))

Today has been dukan friendly, I made plain muffins to toast with bfast, and some linseed,black pepper and cooked baconbreakfast muffins to take a couple to work monday . I dont always want cooked bfast so figured can take these and some chicken. I dont like cold quiche so wont take them. I am on attack for 3 days but thinking maybe do four as had vodka last nite, had already planned to celebrate anniversary but it is lovely being in control and dukanning again! Steak and prawns for tea. Making a chilli in slow cooker for my first pv day next week to have with cauliflower rice,,my favourite!! Got some celeriac to make my 'celeriac chips' plan to have those in the week with some chicken. I may dip 3 or 4 into my chilli. Am quite excited about trying some new stuff too! I fancy making the quark cheese mixed with herbs and garlic, that would be lovely with chicken and /or the soy protein garlic cracker things i made before. anyhow I waffle, am soo pleased to read all your weightlosses!!! You are all doing so well!! I should never have hiden my headin sand, I need to do as Trudyc says and remember the bad feelings and the good!
Off to make a lasagne dish full of dukan egg custard for later.
PS just weighed (Yes i know its only day 2 of attack LOL) but I am already down to 10st 9.2 today thats nearly 2lb off, sure it wont all be that easy but i want to log here how it feels so good to be focused and motivated and losing weight!

Great start Kirsty. You must try Becky salt and pepper chicken its fab and salmon and broccoli bake cruise style off Trudy . Keep going chuck xxx

Wooohoooo - your menu ideas sound fab!!! Defo try the salt and pepper chicken it is a total favourite of mine with Ellie's amazing sweet chilli sauce which I only made last night for the first time - can't believe I didn't give it a go much sooner - nearly took my mouth off as was a bit liberal with the chilli but still sooooooooooo good!!! LOL! Well done kirsty you sound sooooo positive and happy - it's wonderful!!! x

I will try the chicken and salmon bake, YUMMY Dukan great day, crappy day otherwise, well not all bad, my youngest Zach threw up from teatime last night till 3.30am ;( poor kid,,,he has been a weak little man till this evening and we all went to watch fireworks, then he had some chicken, he seems ok, but dunno if he will be ok for school nor if he should go, think should be home for another 24hrs really.

Anyhow,,had an egg an turkey rasher breakfast muffin and a plain one toasted with a scraping of dukan nutella this morning,,steak n bit of mustard for lunch and bit chicken n bit ellies sweet n sour sauce for tea. I have just had 2 goji spiced muffins and total 0% yog dolloped on top.
I made dukan friendly chilli last night so have some in freezer and one portion for tomorrow with cauli rice, tomorrow first day of cruise again ;)
Soooo looking forward to my chilli! Have planned my meals till thurs, chilli and cauli rice on mon and wed, tues and thurs chicken with ellies sweet n sour sauce and steak and prawns with bit mustard. Will have egg custard on pp days as my treat, will make my muffins all week and freeze various flavours as i have been and I will find time to make new stuff as u suggested. I am saving chicken carcuss to sling in slow cooker tomorrow to make soup base. I am gonna try make a pp day soup, not sure what to put in it,,chicken, black pepper /herbs / spices,,I have some shiratake noodle thingys that are allowed, was thinking of slinging those slimy things in and hope they reesemble chicken noodle soup maybe?? I know its easier to do pv soup but i think i will have a go.
What else is new? I saw online somewhere someone doing dukan using cheddar cheese? I didnt think there were any low fat cheeses we could use? Are babybel light anygood? grated on summin maybe? think it may equal a stall but just wondered!
Have a great week all am glad to be back on the bus , thankyou for saving my space!! ;)

Great menus Kirsty. Have a good evening xxx

day 1 of cruise lost 4.2 on my 3 days of attack, sooo happy only another 4lb odd to get back to where i was in July!!
Looking forward to chilli and cauli rice tonight! Had a tommy tomato with bfast (egg & bit bacon) Just had a little breakfast muffin, they are small so I get 12 out of 2 days mixture, think we all do that. Dunno what would do without 6 small muffins a day!!
I ordered stuff from dukan site last night, got 3 free choc spread jars LOL I still have 1/4 of a jar. Its lush on toasted plain muffin,or dukan bread, I scrape the tinyest bit on my little muffin cut into 3 with a cuppa it feels like i am cheating. LOVE DUKANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
Have a lovely bonfire night all,,ooh just thought we should be having sausages tonight as its guy fawkes,,hmm which ones are dukan friendly? Are the weight watchers ones any good?
Right off to work 6 hrs cleaning today and not been there for a week,2 houses and one house has to be seen to be believed! Looks lush after I finished and its very satisfying to do! Laters dukaners ;)

best ones are venison sausages

Hey up!! looks whos back on track!! Lovely to see you back sweetie, we wondered where you got to. xx

Love a bit of Tommy tomato lol. Your back in the zone Kirsty xxx

thanks Ellie will look for somevenison snorkers. HEY CPL u r looking fab U LOSS new profile photo looking great hun!, I got ur message in the summer thankyou so much for thinking of me ;-) I need to change my photo back to blonde for last few months LOL
Sididd I am defo in the zone!! No rush this time, cruising and losing I was kinda anxious about weightloss last time and focised waayyy too much time on weighing and toilet habits LOL
Much more relaxed and keen to try new menus!
Ate so much last nite YES A PP day!! I had to go lay on bed at 8.30 I felt stuffed heehee
I came home from work, horrible 7 hrs cleaning non stop, I took 2 muffins to have mid day but they were all sticky and warm so i just had water, came home, oh yes I slipped on wet step out front,and landed on knees behind landrover,,omg i felt faint no one could see me so I lay on ground for a bit LMAO!
Anyhow I had been eating leftover chicken from sundays roast,,yesterday b4 wqork I slung carcuss an half onion and water and a stock cube into slow cooker, came home added pepper, took out carcuss threw in last bits of chicken and half a packet of chopped up shiratake noodles,,bit of thyme also,,,omg it was SOO nice, it was my dukan chicken noodle soup watery like noodle soup is and i really liked it. A coule hours later I cooked the most enormous sirloin steak, covered in pepper, then I put tiny slice of onion in pan added other half of shiritake noodles and cooked a bit, removed them from pan then added some f frais, swished that around to make a sauce and sloshed it over my steak IT WAS LUSH!! I was gonna add a tiny bit of mustard but forgot. Then I ate a lasagne dish of egg custard with dukan caramel flavour....omg waay too much i didnt need it but i like it hot so i ate the lot....that meant I didnt have my oatbran yesterday,,very naughty but i usually make sure i do but I really couldnt face anymore food LOL!

Today had b-turkey rashers x2 one fried egg, one tommy tomato sliced in half fried and about 6 tiny mushrooms had my vitamins and a cuppa an a pint of water.

pint water in work I dont stop so no time to eat!!! Just had Lunch ;)

L- lettuce,tomato,spring onion, small yellow pepper,cucumber,whole tin tuna,dukan dressing, balsamic,slither of mustard,pepper another pint water

I am making spanish chicken for family tonight, Mair my daughter having 2 teeth out tomorrow and 2 next thurs to make room for a brace,,so she got to choose a last meal LOL I wont be having it as its chicken chorizo and potatoes in one pan with thyme and onion, BUT I am gonna put my own chicken in oven with praprika,onion, courgette,peppers & chunks of par boiled celeriac will stick all seasoning over top and spray with fry light,,YUMMY I might make a f frais or ff free yog creamy mushroom sauce with garlic to go over top...s free jelly and yog for pudding,,,dukan mug cake or dukan toast for later as need to have oatbran,,BUT I DONT HAVE SMUCKERS ;( i AM GONNA GOOGLE IT ;-)

You is doing amazing Kirsty - your menus are fab and full of variety!!! Hope you have a good weigh in after your first week of cruise but like you say you are much more relaxed about the diet this time!!!! LONG MAY IT CONTINUE! x

Kirsty im shattered reading your menu...great. Fingers crossed for weigh in ?????????when is it???

Thankyou both,,erm not sure will work out when weigh in is....attack was fri sat sun,,so mon was first day of cruise so i guess mon will be weigh in day. I know that eating this weigh the results eventually will show, I dont mind when,my mindset is defo different, I am more relaxed about it all. I am happy with myself and thats the main thing,,I defo want to carry on with dukanning and love the way food tastes (not that I have much of a sense of smell that also affects taste ;/)
I think I love the control,,u can either eat it or u cant, no counting weighing, etc...finding things I do like and some i defo dont.
I have a new thing to do,,change one habit a month,,last mnth was buy and take vitamins daily. I take vit d3,vit b (makes wee bright yellow sorry!) magnesium and a multi vit, week before period i take evening primrose.
This month its not have sweetner in my tea!, I drink a large cath kidson mug of tea with 3 sweetners in, now am down to 1 sweetner,,,so hoping for dec to not take any sweetners,,also reducing amounts in cooking, muffins etc

I also am noticing changes,,after eating savoury foods i always crave something sweet, even a spoon of jelly,,but i was thinking why?? I think maybe when I was little it was my reward,,eat ur tea and u can have pudding...so maybe its a habit? not a craving,,maybe we can change our 'habits with food? just a thought, I am so aware of our head games we play with ourselves regarding food..anyhow sorry I am waffling aload of boring thoughts sorry !!!!
Tea was delish,,creamy mush sauce was heavenly over chicken and veggies with celeriac chips,,it felt like i was cheating! I stuck some philly xtra lite in and garlic salt mmm

Love the change a month. Your in a strong mental place Kirsty. Keep going xxx

Think most of us want something 'sweet' after dinner - I always keep my muffins for after dinner so that they are like my dessert and sometimes I even treat myself to cream cheese icing or some custard!! YUM!

Facedown in dukan caramel egg custard!!

yes kinda, lol I use caramel from dukan shop, but can use vanilla or any flavour really i guess!
I have 2 recipes but use this one;-

1 Pint Skim milk
3 Eggs
3 tablespoons sweetner
1 tablespoon dukan caramel flavour

Heat oven 140c / 275F/

Heat milk until its too hot to leave ur finger in!
beat eggs and sweetner together
add to milk mixture gradually stir all time
addflavouring, stir well
Pour mixture into ramekins or one medium dish
Place dish / ramekins into tray and add hot water around them (bain marie)
bake in oven 45 mins approx or until set, mine takes about that but i leave it bit longer to firm a bit more. turn oven off, get spoon lift out from tray with gloves, wipe water off, stuff face ;-) I like it hot from oven but its also ok cold xx

I make this on a PP day its my pp treat!

Back