Kirsty's Diary - Need a kick up the bum!!!

No oven? That's rough times. So you're on microwave survival, or do you ahve a hob?
If you ahve a hob you could make something like veg and lentil soup/stew. Lentils are supposed to be really good for you and really filling, they're going to be my new experiment.

Thanks Shanny!:)

Well another pound down, I lost 1lb again this week. I am well on way, just 2 more to lose. I am now 13st 8lbs and wana be 13st 6lbs. OMG I never thought I would ever say that in my life! lol

Have really noticed my weigh loss this week and my body has finally started to eat into my stomach! I now have a line coming through where it has been taking the fat lol Also so have others. A neighbour approached me yesterday when I was getting into my car and asked if I had been on a diet cuz I've lost a lot of weight, felt great! Also when i was out fri nite with the girls sarah's friend joanna asked if i had lost weight and that i was looking gorgeous! lol have been on a total high this weekend :) xx

Last edited:
No oven? That's rough times. So you're on microwave survival, or do you ahve a hob?
If you ahve a hob you could make something like veg and lentil soup/stew. Lentils are supposed to be really good for you and really filling, they're going to be my new experiment.

Hey hun, yeah we have a hob it's just the oven that's not working and they won't get it fixed! lol tis so annoying.

I am really wanting to start to vary my food this week. Me and david r doing our food shopping today so am gona buy some beef and tuna steaks as well as chicken. Mix it up a bit as you say and hopefully that will give me a boost for next week's loss. Am gona start to have a couple of salads during the week at lunchtime too instead of my usual pitta on tuna. I'm gona start buying eggs and maybe make an omlette during the week they are a great source of protein! :)

Aw it must be great having so many people notice! You must be looking proper fab!

Well if you have a hob you're all good, you can do things like stews and soups, oh, in the recipe section I saw an awesome recipe for chilli con carne that had like no calories in it.
I went to the recipe section on here n just copy n pasted some of the ones I liked the look of and I'll print em. I rekn there must be a bunch of recipes ont here that dont need ovens.

Omlette sounds freaking awesome, I'm totally making one of those now!

Got your bikini n stuff ready for Zante? lol.
x

Well done on the loss kirsty! we're all going to look lovely by the end of summer im sure of it :)

yey, another pound down! good on ya! sounds a good idea about mixing up your diet and stuff up too, once you find something that works its too easy to just keep eating the same things over and over, but it just gets boring after a while. one idea for something thats totally healthy and different is stir fry, you can get packets of stir fry veg in the supermarket then just cook some chicken, throw in a nice sauce and you have a delicious meal.. ive been meaning to make one for a while actually so i might try it next week myself.. sorry i cant really help with other recipies, but for some ideas check out weight watchers cook books, they have some fairly cheap ones on ebay ive noticed and im sure they'd have loads of ideas, i think im gonna pick a few up myself off their to try and get some inspiration.

Hey yal lovely people! :)

Just back from shopping with david and was a really nice day out. Got myself a new dress for hol, size 18, 2 short skirts, size 18! woo a black vest top size 16 and a guns n roses t-shirt (16) from river island as I am planning on going for the rock chick look a couple of nights on hol! lol you have no idea how amazing it felt just to be able to actually try clothes on in river island. I absolutely loved that shop when I was younger and haven't been in years! When I used to go shopping with sarah and she'd look at all the clothes and I just used to kinda follow her about like a lost sheep as I wouldn't ever even think I could buy anything I liked I was like a lost sole and now it is just so amazing to be able to go in and try stuff on like a normal girl my age! lol I'm babbling on a bit, sorry just still buzzing a bit!!

Also done our food shopping and got a couple frozen tuna steaks and also some beef madalions. Also bought some wholemeal pasta and eggs so am feeling really positive for the week ahead I really want to lose that 2lbs for my birthday! :)

W/Begining 7/06/10

Monday
B: Bran flakes
S: Apple
L: Wholemeal roll on tuna mayo salad, tangerine
D: Sweet and sour chicken cooked with chopped tomatos and pineapple, peppers, onion, handful wholemeal pasta

Tuesday
L: tuna, mayo, cucumber, spinach, wholemeal roll, tangerine, pineapple cubes
D: chicken, mayo, sweetcorn, baked potato, salad

Wednesday
B: Bran flakes, milk
L: tuna, mayo, cucumber, spinach, wholemeal roll, tangerine
S: Banana
D: Steak, green beans, onion, mushroom, potato, salad, beef oxo

Thursday
B: Bran flaes, milk
L: tuna, mayo, cucumber, spinach, wholemeal roll, tangerine
S: Banana
D: steak, oxo cube, mushrooms, green beans, baked potato

Friday
S: apple
L: tuna mayo, sweetcorn, pitta, tangerine
S: packet monster munch
D: chicken, mayo, sweetcorn, baked potato, salad, some coleslaw

Saturday
B: nothing, oops!
L: tuna mayo, sweetcorn, pitta, grapes
D: 2 scrambled eggs, 2 slice bread, brown sauce, grapes
A: 1 glass rose wine, ??? vodkas lol

Sunday
B: bran flakes, milk
L: tesco chicken, tomato and rocket sandwich
S: Apple, banana, 1 wholemeal roll, cheese slice & coleslaw (hangover food!! :( was soo hungry today!)
D: tuna mayo, wholemeal pasta, salad
S: the rest of the tuna pasta lol

Last edited:
AW CONGRATS! That's the most exciting thing. You're gona be spending so much money on clothes now! lol.

Lol yeah I am, I am nearly there though, still need to get swimwear though and another few outfits for at night and maybe another outfit for during the day.

Well I just thought I'd write a wee bit of how the week has gone this week. I am starting to see the weight dropping off me, but know that I still have a while to go before I am properly healthy and looking slim. I want to lose 2lbs for this week so I will be 13st 6lbs, then after that I want to lose about a stone for holiday or at least be in the 12's, it's so exciting! :) I never ever thought I would get this far with my weight loss I am feeling brill! Hopefully I will soon be catching up with my friends and to think about 2 years ago I was 17st!! Feeling so much better with myself but I do know that I have a long way to go before I feel completely at peace with my body.

awww its fab your feeling better about yourself babe :) x

Aw thanks Ria! :)

Feeling really optimistic about the week ahead. I have lots oof new recipes to try out - sweet and sour chicken tonight with wholemeal pasta :) and I have a wholemeal roll for today instead of a pitta which is less calories and hardly used any mayo to have with my tuna. Soo wana lose that 2lbs for Sunday! :) Gym tonight too!!

Oh well done.
You go to the recipe thread on here? I saw the sweet n sour chicken recipe there, lemme know how it goes :)

Hey no actually I made it ages ago and never tried it in ages. Just had it and OMG I loved it it was soo good! U really need to try it! lol Had it with wholemeal pasta and a wee side salad so it was kinda half pasta salad too, it was really yummy! lol x

Aww omg I'm so jealous! We went out for dinner for mum's bday and I had the most awful (but admittedly probably healthy) food. I'm gona ahve to have sweet n sour tomoz to cheer myself up! lol.

Well done for the cooking though, was it amazing to be eating something different? I have to admit, I'm getting proper sick of porridge, but find another breakfast food, lol.

Up to anything fun this weekend?

And by weekend I do in fact mean week, coz you know...with the whole it apparently being Monday...><

Aw it was really good! lol you should try it! :)

I am making tuna steak tomorrow, god knows what I'm gona with it though! lol

This week? Hmm just the usual, work, gym, eat, sleep! lol that's usually about it for my weeks, exciting eh? Can't wait for the weekend though was just talking to sarah at the gym about it not sure what we're doing yet but will celebrating my bday somehow xx

Aw thanks honey! I got so used to eating the same meals everyday I kinda knew myself it was time to start trying different things. Do you have a diary on here? xx

Back