Kirsty's pregnancy and new Mummy diary- from 30 weeks onwards!

Hi Kirsty my due date is 24th aug, it's flying by! I will start mat leave with annual leave around July so already I am counting down hahaha. I'm looking forward to my 30th non alcoholic cocktails are nice I've sampled some :). Sorry to hear your ill but hopefully the inhaler works :) x
Congrats, August is a lovely month to have a bubba :)

I know what you mean, I finish work on 28th March as I have 7 weeks (!!) of annual leave to take before starting mat leave and I've been counting down since the beginning of the year haha!

It's amazing, I thought I'd miss alcohol but I don't at all, Tesco sell a nice non alcoholic wine called Sorelle (comes in white and rose) and Koppaberg do a lovely non alcoholic pear cider so I'm sorted :)
I do have a couple of bottles of Aspall cider ready for when baby's here as that's my all time fave alcoholic drink and it'll be my reward lol! X

Hello diary!

Well I'm back at work today, blooming knackered already tho lol!

Inhaler seems to be helping, hardly been coughing today so I'm pleased.
Suffering with bad indigestion instead tho :-/

Anyway today's food:

B: Jordan's country crisp strawberry cereal with extra strawberries, an Alpen light bar
L: 2 Ministrone mugshots, grapes
D: Jacket potato with tuna mayo and salad
S: beans on WM toast, apples, grapes, pears, Malteaser bunny, Snickers

Last edited:
In working tonight I'm really tired on nights but it's good for bumping mat pay up and it's only one :) x

Good morning diary.

Wow this week has flown by, and on Saturday it'll be just 9 weeks until d-day :eek:
That's one scary thought!!!
Well I hopped on the scales this morning and they are saying 13st 10lbs which is a maintain from last week but it also means I've now put on 2st 7lbs already and with 9 weeks to go....
Really don't want to end up in the 14's but it's going that way....

Anyway today I'm stuck indoors waiting for UK mail to deliver my new phone, between 8-12 but I'm hoping it arrives very soon as I need to go do the food shopping before the cleaner arrives at 12:30!!
If not I'll have to do the food shop whilst she's here... Then my parents are round tonight for dinner. I normally go to theirs but I'm struggling to drive very far these days and they live 20 mins away...

Anyway here's today's food:

B: Jordan's country crisp strawberry cereal with extra strawberries, an Alpen light bar
L: John West steam pot tuna infusions with coriander and cumin
D: Quorn spaghetti bolognese with a few slices of garlic bread
S: grapes,

Last edited:
Hello diary!

Well that's my working week over, just 2 more weeks to go and I'll be on annual leave and then maternity leave! Can't wait, I've had to cut my hours down to half days because it's getting so tough.
It's uncomfortable sitting for 2 hours before break time and plus by about 11am I'm ready for a nap lol!

Tomorrow I will be 31 weeks, which means I have just 9 weeks left :eek: and as technically I'm classed as full term from 37 weeks, it could be as little as 6 weeks!
I don't mean to sound like I'm wishing the time away (everyone tells me not to!) but I'd be very happy if baby came early, anytime from 37 weeks would be perfect lol.
I've really had enough of being pregnant and just want my little one here :)

I'm doing ok with food at the min, but today I'm shattered and had to get hubby his beer after I'd finished work, and ended up buying loads of chocolate as well lol!!
Not eaten any yet but I may have a bar later, just got to resist more than one!!

So today's food:

L: John West steam pot tuna infusions with basil
D: Chicken, white wine and tarragon pie with carrots and green beans
S: beans on WM toast, grapes, Walkers pops melted cheese and bacon, Skittles, Snickers

Last edited:
Good morning diary

Well today I am 31 weeks pregnant which means I have just NINE weeks to go :eek:
Oh how I want baby here early, not too early, but anytime from 37 weeks will do nicely :)

Might be going to lunch with a friend today, but all depends on her car as it's going in for a MOT this morning so fingers crossed it all goes ok and we can lunch :)

So in terms of food, I've had an Alpen light bar and a cuppa as I'm still in bed, but here's the plan so far today:

L: Chicken burger with chips and salad (pub lunch)
D: Bolognese pasta bake with salad
S: Smarties ice cream, Twirl, grapes

Last edited:
Hope you can go for lunch today with your friend. Not long to go now :) x
I did, and it was lovely. A little place by the river and in the sunshine too, so all good.
I know- baby could technically be here in 6 weeks if he/she wants to be! I'm hoping he/she is eager to meet us! X

I did, and it was lovely. A little place by the river and in the sunshine too, so all good. I know- baby could technically be here in 6 weeks if he/she wants to be! I'm hoping he/she is eager to meet us! X

Sounds lovely. Enjoy the meals out and not having to pack half the house to leave!! Lol x

Sounds lovely. Enjoy the meals out and not having to pack half the house to leave!! Lol x

Lol that's going to be such a reality shock! But then I'm sure motherhood is one big shock anyway! X

Good morning diary!

And what a lovely morning, it's so warm out!
Unfortunately we won't be relaxing in the garden today (as much as we want to!) as we have some decorating to do, in baby's room.
Baby could be here in 6-9 weeks so we need to get it ready. Brought all the paint, etc last weekend so we can just crack on with it today.
Chosen a Soft Apple colour, and we have a WTP lampshade and stickers. All the bedding is WTP too. Plus we got a lovely rug to put down as our carpet is a bit grubby but we didn't want to spend a fortune in changing it when it'll get even more grubby with baby here!
Then we have friends coming round at 5:30- hubby's best mate and his pregnant missus. He's helping to fix our TV in the bedroom so me and his wife will be moaning about pregnancy haha!!!
She's one week behind me so it's great to share horror stories lol.
We are getting a Chinese for dinner, which will be lovely but not healthy!

Anyway here's today's food:

B: cheese on WM toast
L: leftover bolognese pasta bake, John West tuna infusions steam pot
D: Chinese takeaway
S: Skittles, grapes, cheese, ham

Last edited:
Good morning diary! And what a lovely morning, it's so warm out! Unfortunately we won't be relaxing in the garden today (as much as we want to!) as we have some decorating to do, in baby's room. Baby could be here in 6-9 weeks so we need to get it ready. Brought all the paint, etc last weekend so we can just crack on with it today. Chosen a Soft Apple colour, and we have a WTP lampshade and stickers. All the bedding is WTP too. Plus we got a lovely rug to put down as our carpet is a bit grubby but we didn't want to spend a fortune in changing it when it'll get even more grubby with baby here! Then we have friends coming round at 5:30- hubby's best mate and his pregnant missus. He's helping to fix our TV in the bedroom so me and his wife will be moaning about pregnancy haha!!! She's one week behind me so it's great to share horror stories lol. We are getting a Chinese for dinner, which will be lovely but not healthy! Anyway here's today's food: B: cheese on WM toast L: leftover bolognese pasta bake D: Chinese takeaway S:

I loved decorating our nursery. Well, I loved watching Tom and my father in law decorate it ;)

I loved decorating our nursery. Well, I loved watching Tom and my father in law decorate it ;)

Lol so far Paul has done the ceiling and I've sat watching him whilst eating Skittles!!
Think I'll be helping in a bit when he starts on the walls as I can do corners with a brush and otherwise my main job is keeping him company and supplying food and drink!!
Hoping we'll be able to get all baby's stuff in there as well so it's all done x

Lol Kirsty I found when doing the nursery and decorating its best for us women to sick to delegating haha ! X

Lol yes I'm very good at supervising haha!!

Good afternoon diary!

Well had a really busy but productive day yesterday, the nursery is painted and we have put the lampshade up and got the cot in, just got to make a trip to IKEA for a chest of drawers and we're done!
Friends came round last night so TV in bedroom is now fixed yay! Means I don't have to get out of bed when I'm on maternity leave haha!!
We had a Chinese which was lovely and I found I ate less as there was 4 sharing. Normally it's just me and Paul and we make pigs of ourselves but sharing with friends we was less greedy.
Into my last 2 weeks of work now, only doing half days as that's all I can physically manage. I now have 7 shifts left!!!

Got 31 week midwife appt tomorrow afternoon, need to mention to her about the lower back and pelvic pain I've been getting plus she's got to check my iron levels again.
Plus I get to hear baby's heartbeat again which is always the highlight :)

Here's today's food:

L: John West tuna infusions steam pot
D: Beef Stifado with rice
S: beans on WM toast, grapes

Exciting nursery is almost done!
I loved it when ours was done, now half the furniture is in our bedroom lol
Not long until you can relax a bit now!

Exciting nursery is almost done!
I loved it when ours was done, now half the furniture is in our bedroom lol
Not long until you can relax a bit now!
Lol yes our bedroom is already quite cosy as we had to move the wardrobes from nursery into bedroom so with a crib in there as well, it'll be interesting!
I know, this time in 2 weeks I'll be on annual leave woop!

Good afternoon diary!

Well that's another work shift over, just 6 more to go...

Got midwife check this afternoon, which means I get to hear baby's HB :)
People at work keep telling me my bump has dropped but I don't think it has, baby would be really long as he/she keeps kicking me in the ribs lol.

Paul has a friend coming over for dinner tonight so that means bath and chill out time for me :)

Today's food:

B: Jordan's country crisp honey nut cereal with added blueberries, 1 slice WM toast with peanut butter
L: beans on WM toast, grapes
D: Meatballs with rice
S: Doritos, Twirl, Frazzles, Snickers

A bit lacking in SF and too many treats!

Last edited:
Back