Kirsty's pregnancy and new Mummy diary- from 30 weeks onwards!

Good morning diary

Got on the scales this morning and they read.... 13st 13.5lbs :eek:
So I'm very close to 14st now which is rather scary but what I can do about it?!?!
I hadn't put on much over the previous 2 weeks so think it's caught up with me... We did have dominos and I had fish and chips this week and I've been eating far more bread than usual so that won't help...
It means I'm back up to my SW starting weight (well over it actually)... Still I know how to lose it!

Here's today's food:

B: 2 slices WM toast with peanut butter
L: JW tuna infusions steam pot
D: jacket potato with beans, cheese and LM red onion sausages
S: Kit Kat cookies and cream, Rowntree's Randoms,

Last edited:
Hello diary!!!

Well that's it, I'm finished with work for 11 whole months woop!!!
I'm surprised I didn't get all emotional when I was saying goodbye to people, I'm proud of myself :)
Lots of hugs and got a card and been told to keep them all informed via FB plus I have a couple of close friends there too.
It's rather strange that I won't be wearing my uniform for so long... Or working the till... It's an odd feeling...

So tomorrow I'll be 33 weeks, which means just 7 weeks until d-day but only 4 weeks until I'm classed as full term :eek:
I'm feeling rather heavy, baby's head is def down and putting lots of pressure on my bladder and pelvis, been kicked in the ribs a few times, it hurts just as much as when baby was head butting me in the ribs lol!!!
Spending the weekend with my hubby, he's not working tomorrow yay!! So we are going to IKEA to get some bits for the nursery, also going to have a nose in Mothercare and ToysRUs as well and I have my bonus money to spend so planning on treating myself to some new shoes and clothes as everything is getting a bit tight!!
Tomorrow night we are going out with the in-laws for a Chinese to celebrate Mothers Day. We take it in turns to spend Mothers Day with each Mum, same as we do for Easter and Fathers Day- so Easter will be spent with my parents and Fathers Day with in-laws.
Sunday hubby will be putting together anything we buy from IKEA while I supervise lol!!!

So today's food:

B: 2 slices WM toast with peanut butter, 1 Mr Kipling's lemon cake slice
L: JW tuna infusions steam pot
D: homemade burgers and chips with WM rolls, bacon, cheese, onions and BBQ sauce :drool:
S: 1 Cadbury choc mini roll, grapes, Walkers pops

Last edited:
Hello diary!!! Well that's it, I'm finished with work for 11 whole months woop!!! I'm surprised I didn't get all emotional when I was saying goodbye to people, I'm proud of myself :) Lots of hugs and got a card and been told to keep them all informed via FB plus I have a couple of close friends there too. It's rather strange that I won't be wearing my uniform for so long... Or working the till... It's an odd feeling... So tomorrow I'll be 33 weeks, which means just 7 weeks until d-day but only 4 weeks until I'm classed as full term :eek: I'm feeling rather heavy, baby's head is def down and putting lots of pressure on my bladder and pelvis, been kicked in the ribs a few times, it hurts just as much as when baby was head butting me in the ribs lol!!! Spending the weekend with my hubby, he's not working tomorrow yay!! So we are going to IKEA to get some bits for the nursery, also going to have a nose in Mothercare and ToysRUs as well and I have my bonus money to spend so planning on treating myself to some new shoes and clothes as everything is getting a bit tight!! Tomorrow night we are going out with the in-laws for a Chinese to celebrate Mothers Day. We take it in turns to spend Mothers Day with each Mum, same as we do for Easter and Fathers Day- so Easter will be spent with my parents and Fathers Day with in-laws. Sunday hubby will be putting together anything we buy from IKEA while I supervise lol!!! So today's food: B: 2 slices WM toast with peanut butter, 1 Mr Kipling's lemon cake slice L: JW tuna infusions steam pot D: homemade burgers and chips with WM rolls, bacon, cheese, onions and BBQ sauce :drool: S: 1 Cadbury choc mini roll, grapes, Walkers pops

Yay you're done. It's a weird feeling but a lovely one too :)

Yay to maternity leave! Enjoy it xx

Happy maternity leave xx

Thanks girls- I'm looking forward to all the sleep and not having to get out of bed if I really don't want to lol!!
And I shall make the most of it seeing as baby could be here in as few as 4 weeks! X

Happy Maternity leave, definitely make the most of it! Xx

Good morning diary And what a lovely morning it is- supposed to be very warm this weekend yay!! Off to IKEA today to get a few bits of baby furniture and then Toysrus for hospital bags bits but we may go tomorrow for that, depends on how knackered I am, after being in the car for a few hours and walking around IKEA! Also off out tonight with the in-laws for a Mothers Day Chinese! So need my rest inbetween or I'll be falling asleep at the table!!

Today's food:
B: 2 slices WM toast with peanut butter, 2 McVitie's double choc digestives
L: M&S tuna sweetcorn sandwich
D: Chinese
S: Scampi fries

Last edited:
Hello diary!

What a busy weekend I've had!
Yesterday went to IKEA and got a lovely wardrobe unit with green and white doors and drawers for baby's room. Also came away with a few other bits for the room.
Once home, we started putting it all together, then popped to the park with the dogs (well hubby did, I napped lol) the it was out for a lovely Chinese with the in laws.
Really scrummy food, my fave dish being the chicken with cashew nuts in yellow bean sauce- yum yum!!
Today I had a lie in whilst hubby watched F1, then we popped out to Toys r us and Mothercare and got a lot of bits we needed, including bottles, bibs, muslins, and a really cute baby swing!
We actually had a bit of a result with the swing- it was already in the sale from £40 down to £25 and when we asked, they didn't have any in stock. Turned out it had been discontinued so they only had the display model.
They offered us the display model for £19!!! So we took it!
Perfectly fine, just a bit dusty but no marks, scratches, etc so it was a real bargain!
Came home, finished putting the nursery together and then popped out to the park with the dogs, prob a good hour walk and when we got back, I napped for an hour and a half while hubby cooked dinner!
Incredibly tired but good thing is I don't have to get up in the morning as I'm on maternity leave yay!!
Will take some pics of my purchases tomorrow and post them on here.

Here's today's food, I'm off to bed! X

B: 2 slices WM toast with peanut butter, bowl of Jordan's country crisp honey nut cereal
L: Tesco hoisin duck wraps
D: steak pie, mash, broccoli, sprouts
S: Doritos, Flake, Rolo ice cream

First day of maternity leave and I'm not feeling well :(
Woke up feeling a bit iffy and then after having breakfast I couldn't stop coughing for ages. This then led to me running (well waddling lol) up the stairs to be sick, and not just a little bit, it just didn't stop coming!!
In fact it was lucky I was still in my nightie as it was so fast I got covered in sick :(
I managed a shower and tons of water, then nipped out to Tesco to get some bits and pieces, felt very achy walking around, in fact my arms are killing me :(
Felt really tired too and now I'm back I've had lunch (which has helped a bit) and I'm ready for a nap!
Trying to get the laundry done as well but I have no energy to go put it out on the line :(
I'm hoping the sickness is just a one off, I really don't want that back every day... I do feel like I'm coming down with something flu-like tho....

Anyway here's today's food:

B: 2 slices WM toast with peanut butter, an Alpen light bar
L: Uncle Ben's golden veg rice
D: chicken stir fry
S: apple, grapes

Last edited:
Sorry to hear you haven't been well today.
Try and get the naps in while you can ! I know its hard when there's things to be done but make the most of it now .. Especially since the last few weeks are so exhausting! Xx

Sorry to hear you haven't been well today.
Try and get the naps in while you can ! I know its hard when there's things to be done but make the most of it now .. Especially since the last few weeks are so exhausting! Xx
Thanks x
I pretty much just napped for the rest of the day, which means I didn't sleep all that well last night :-/ can't win lol.
I've got a list of all the stuff I wanna do before baby arrives and my main aim is to get it all done by time I hit 37 weeks so I'm fully prepared if baby puts in an early apperance!
That gives me 4 weeks, so that's good as I can space it out, doing one thing every day!
I've got to do my hospital bag this week, that's top of the list, then washing and organising baby's clothes, a job I'm really really looking forward to :)
x

So yesterday wasn't a good day, I continued to feel ill but thankfully wasn't sick again. Hardly ate as nothing appealed, until hubby made dinner and that was very yummy. A nice healthy meal that really helped make me feel better.
Didn't sleep well again last night, really finding it hard to get comfortable and was up a few times for the toilet.
Managed my cereal this morning but that familiar horrible feeling came over me and I was throwing up about half hour ago :(
I do feel much better now, unlike yesterday, when I continued to feel ill.
Hoping this isn't going to be a regular occurrence again :(
So I've been watching some daytime tv (I love Heir Hunters, I'm so glad its on every morning :)) and just resting, plan for rest of the day is to do nothing pretty much!
Got some laundry to pop out on the line, need to have a shower but think I'll make that a long bath instead, and that's it until I make dinner later :)
Today's food:

B: Jordan's country crisp honey nut cereal
L: tuna mayo Subway salad
D: Nachos and Enchiladas
S: 1 Subway double choc cookie

Last edited:
As promised, some pics of the nursery :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    602.9 KB · Views: 81
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    497.8 KB · Views: 85
The baby swing we got for a bargain price of £19 and the first of baby's many toys, including my fave- Bob the dog at the back :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    728.6 KB · Views: 77
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    605.8 KB · Views: 77
Love the baby swing. Bargain too.

So sorry to hear the sickness has come back. How awful and rubbish timing now you're on leave.

Hope your day improved x

Yes we are really chuffed with it, we had initially been looking at spending close to £50 for a decent one!!

I know, it's strange that! But I have felt much better since I was sick, prob because I've rested and I did sit outside in the sunshine with the dogs this afternoon :)

We took the dogs over to the park later on and it was still so warm, and love how light the evenings are! X

Another warm day today, supposed to be the hottest day of the year :)
I initially had plans to do nothing today but that's changed now, as the grooming parlour called with a cancellation so I'm taking Penny in at 11. Perfect timing as she's a bit dirty and smelly from our walks over the park as she loves muddy puddles!!
When I rang them a few weeks back, they had nothing until 24th April which is a little bit close to my due date (I'd be 37 weeks!) so I got put on a cancellation list in case anything came up sooner and boom it did!
Just watching Heir Hunters then I'll jump in the shower and take Penny to the groomers. Think I'll clean her bed for her whilst she's there and I could do with changing our bedding too.
Considering baking some cookies once I've picked Penny up.
No cooking involved in today's food as I'm having leftovers from yesterday plus when I order Subway I get 2 salads (mainly to get free delivery!) so I've got one for today :)

Today's food:

D: Enchiladas and potato wedges
S: homemade brownie

Last edited:
Another warm day today, supposed to be the hottest day of the year :)
I initially had plans to do nothing today but that's changed now, as the grooming parlour called with a cancellation so I'm taking Penny in at 11. Perfect timing as she's a bit dirty and smelly from our walks over the park as she loves muddy puddles!!
When I rang them a few weeks back, they had nothing until 24th April which is a little bit close to my due date (I'd be 37 weeks!) so I got put on a cancellation list in case anything came up sooner and boom it did!
Just watching Heir Hunters then I'll jump in the shower and take Penny to the groomers. Think I'll clean her bed for her whilst she's there and I could do with changing our bedding too.
Considering baking some cookies once I've picked Penny up.
No cooking involved in today's food as I'm having leftovers from yesterday plus when I order Subway I get 2 salads (mainly to get free delivery!) so I've got one for today :)

Today's food:

D: Enchiladas and potato wedges
S:

Day sounds lovely and food is looking good! :)

Hope you're well!! :) Baby NEXT month :D xx

Day sounds lovely and food is looking good! :)

Hope you're well!! :) Baby NEXT month :D xx
Thanks it's been hectic!
I'm good, enjoying this time off malarkey :)
Yes I know, it's quite scary and exciting at the same time!
For me, I'm itching to know if its a boy or girl!! And who it will look like!! :D
xx

Back