Kirsty's pregnancy and new Mummy diary- from 30 weeks onwards!

Eeek finishing work is exciting :) I'm loving being on maternity leave .
I thought I would get bored but it's amazing how much you find to do .. I've been cooking home made meals every day which is not like me at all ! I'm on top of all my washing and ironing , hospital bag is packed and am on countdown now can't wait for baby to get here.
Food diary looks good .. Mine has been awful the last few days need to get back on track pronto!
Xx

Eeek finishing work is exciting :) I'm loving being on maternity leave .
I thought I would get bored but it's amazing how much you find to do .. I've been cooking home made meals every day which is not like me at all ! I'm on top of all my washing and ironing , hospital bag is packed and am on countdown now can't wait for baby to get here.
Food diary looks good .. Mine has been awful the last few days need to get back on track pronto!
Xx
I'm looking forward to being on maternity leave- I've got 2 dogs so planning to give them an extra walk every day, if I can (hubby currently does the walking as I'm usually too knackered lol!!) and I've got all baby's clothes to wash, I love cooking anyway so it'll be nice to rustle up home cooked meals every day, instead of buying something easy for hubby to cook!
Plus I have a hair appointment and a manicure to look forward to. Plus there's Easter :)
Have you got long left? X

Good afternoon diary!

Another shift done, 5 left to go...

Midwife appt went well, baby is measuring spot on 31 weeks and very active. HB nice and strong too.
Booked for next appt in 3 weeks time- I'll be 34 weeks then :eek: how scary!!!
Hubby cooked dinner last night so that I could have a nap- I then had a bath and another nap before going to bed lol.
Felt so awake this morning so I clearly needed it!
However I'm now getting tired and cranky now so think its nap time soon!
Hoping to go swimming tonight- my local leisure centre has got an Aqua Bump class on, I've just got to make sure my maternity swimsuit still fits as I brought it in February and I've grown since then lol!!

Today's food:

B: Jordan's country crisp honey nut cereal with added blueberries, 1 slice WM toast with peanut butter
L: John West tuna infusions steam pot, grapes
D: Spaghetti bolognese
S: 2 slices WM bread with 2 sausages and tommy k, Doritos, Skittles

Good morning diary!

Jumped on the scales this morning and the are showing a 1lb gain from last week which in really good, as that's just the baby :)
I'm now just 1lb away from my original SW starting weight, which is kinda bad but I know I can lose the weight again and it's all for a very good reason ;)

Not doing much today- just the food shop and then my parents and sister are coming over for dinner :)

Here's today's plan:

B: 2 slices WM toast with peanut butter
L: John West tuna infusions steam pot
D: Sausage pie, mash and veg
S: Walkers smokey bacon, Tiramisu, grapes, Kit Kat

Last edited:
Good afternoon diary.

Well another shift over- this time next time I'll have finished for 11 whole months woop woop!!!!! :D
Then it'll be time to start preparing for my bubba- going to get bits for hospital bag on the Saturday, then off to IKEA on the Sunday to get a few bits to complete the nursery.
Then I can start getting baby's clothes washed and put away properly and start buying nappies and formula.
It's also bonus pay day next week so I'll be able to put some money away for baby :)

Today's food:

B: 2 slices WM toast with peanut butter
L: Tuna mayo WM roll with salad
D: Dominos :(
S: pineapple with Greek 0% fat yogurt, grapes, Hula Hoops, Twix

Husband came home wanting a takeaway, I'm so knackered I've given in :( ah well!

Last edited:
Good afternoon diary!

Today I am 32 weeks, which means just 8 weeks until due date but baby could be here in as little as 5 weeks :eek:
Need to start making a list of everything that's left to do before baby gets here- I've already told hubby that I want everything to be ready by time I am 37 weeks so we're prepared if baby puts in an early appearance!

Not much to do today, just the laundry... Do feel like baking something, maybe some cookies?!

Anyway here's today's food so far:

B: 2 slices WM toast with peanut butter, an Alpen light bar
L: 2 red onion sausages in a WM roll with Flora light and tommy k
D: Lasagne and salad
S: double choc Digestives (OMG so yummy!), Frazzles, grapes & pineapple with Greek 0% yogurt, Snickers

Last edited:
Good morning diary

Today we have a dog behaviorist coming round- this is for our little Jack Russel, Rosie.
She's a lovely little dog but she has a few little behavioral traits we want gone before baby arrives such as the nipping ad weeing indoors.
She nips a lot but then she is a Terrier. However we can't have her doing that to baby.
And the weeing is mainly from excitement when someone visits and it's usually men! My dad and father in law both get weed on but never my mum, mother in law or sister lol.
She really likes men it seems!!!
Anyway the man is coming for 4 hours to assess Rosie and see if he can help us.
After that we are planning to take both dogs and a tennis ball over to the park for some exercise- I can't walk far these days without being in agony so going to stay in one area and throw the ball for them- they're happy as long as they got a tennis ball!!!

So here's today's food:

B: bacon roll (WM roll, Flora light, tommy k), hazelnut low fat yogurt
L: leftover lasagne
D: steak pie, mash and veg
S: pineapple, grapes, double choc Digestives, Skittles, Walkers pops

Last edited:
hi hun x subscribing :) xx

Good afternoon dairy!

I'm so achy today- my hips in particular. Found it hard to sleep last night but one more shift done, 3 to go! I finish on Friday and I'm so excited about it lol!!!
Already said goodbyes to a few regular customers who shop on Mondays- found it rather emotional but have promised to make regular visits with baby :)
Really craving a battered sausage for some reason lol!
Never used to be a fan, would always have fish from the chippy but since being pregnant I've wanted sausages instead!!
Considering treating myself to one with a small portion of chips tomorrow lunchtime....

Here's today's food:

L: cheese WM roll
D: duck stir fry
S: pineapple with 0% Greek yogurt, grapes, Frazzles, Tunnock's caramel wafer

Ugh I'm achey too.. My back is hurrendous at the mo :(
Food diary is looking great ! Mines been awful lately booo.
Not long to go til you finish work bet your excited now! X

Ugh I'm achey too.. My back is hurrendous at the mo :(
Food diary is looking great ! Mines been awful lately booo.
Not long to go til you finish work bet your excited now! X
I've been pretty lucky with my back so far- I've got a old injury in my lower back that I'm expecting to flare up, so far it hasn't but there's still time!!
My legs seem to ache constantly and my hips are really suffering now...
You must only have about 4 weeks left now? How exciting!!
I'm getting to that stage of not being able to eat a lot cos I'm suffering with terrible heartburn so that's helping with the food! I've really started to enjoy my fruit and yogurt again and I seem to want to eat healthy too!
Yeh just a few more days, I've been ready to finish work for a while now lol, I love my job but it's really tiring. Technically I have just 15 hours left to work as I'm doing 5 hour shifts this week so that sounds even better! X

Hello!

Sorry to hear about your back. The latter stages of pregnancy are tough on your limbs. Didn't help that I put on a lot of weight too so even more pressure on my limbs.
Not long til mat leave can start too. I remember counting down to my last day at work, can't believe that was 13th December. Time really gone quickly.
X
Hi!

So far I'm close to putting on 3 stone :eek: my only saving grace is that it's all gone on bump, my legs, arms, etc are all as skinny as ever!
I'm suffering with under bump aches, which is obv the pressure on my pelvis :-(
Yeh my actual mat leave starts on my due date as I have 7 weeks of annual leave (5 weeks hol, 2 weeks of bank holiday and Christmas time) to take, thanks to my generous employer!!!
I've been ready to finish for a while now, looking forward to not having to use an alarm for a few weeks!!
It certainly has, Christmas only feels like a few weeks ago not months!! X

Oops I've been naughty- just eaten a whole packet of Fox's melts Viennese chocolate fingers!!! Only meant to have one or two but the are so scrummy my hand kept dipping into the packet and before I knew it, the pack was empty :eek:

And I'm not even feeling a little bit sick like I should be after eating lots of choccie biccies, I actually want more :(

Only bonus is baby was really dancing about whilst I was scoffing my face and that's made me smile- I seem to have a very sweet toothed baby, it only really gets lively when I eat chocolate!!!

Oh well tomorrow is a new day and the bonus is the biccies are gone lol!

Good afternoon diary!

Well that's another shift over with, just 2 left (or 10 hours to be precise :D)!
Really suffering with heartburn today, to the point I felt sick at work, urgh :(
I did treat myself to battered sausage and chips for lunch today, so so tasty and I'm so stuffed now! Which is good as usually I have lunch and then pick all afternoon but I won't be doing that today!

Today's food:

L: battered sausage and chips with tommy k and a white roll with Flora light :)
D: spaghetti bolognese (if I'm hungry enough!)
S: pineapple with an Activia 0% pineapple yogurt

Good afternoon diary.

Another shift over, just one left eek!!!
It's gonna be weird not going to work, I mean for the first week it'll just feel like a holiday but after that... I'll miss my colleagues and customers... But endless opportunities to sleep is something I am looking forward to!!!
I found yesterday after having my big lunch I couldn't eat a lot, had a very small portion of spag bol and that was it... Normally I'd be snacking constantly...

Today's food:

B: 2 slices WM with peanut butter, an Alpen light bar
L: cheese WM roll
D: homemade pizza (Warburtons square wraps) and wedges
S: beans on WM toast, Doritos, Skittles

Yay you can relax an wait for bubba to come :D I can't wait to go on my leave haha x

Aw how exciting :) It's weird not going to work but it's lovely ;) lol lots of time to sleep, and chill out and watch crap tv etc :D all before baby comes xx

I'm looking forward to maternity leave- I've got a few things I want to do, manually organising and cleaning the nursery and getting all baby's clothes washed and put away- I'm looking forward to that part the most :)
Planning to take my 2 dogs out for daily walks- only like 15 mins or so as that's all I can manage, but it'll keep me active and a reason to get dressed every day!!
Once I get to the last 3 weeks I'll be reluctant to go too far from the house just in case, I do live very close to the hospital (about 5 mins in the car, clear run) but still...
I have several books I need to read, friends who want to visit and lots of tv to watch :D

Back