Kirsty's pregnancy and new Mummy diary- from 30 weeks onwards!

Happy Easter everyone!

A bit late posting today and not because I've been busy lol
We've had a lazy day, literally doing nothing, which has been lovely and much needed :)
On the Easter egg front, I did well haha
Got a large Kit Kat chunky one, a little Smarties one and a little Rolo one :)
Been to my Nan's for a little visit, which was lovely. I really don't see enough of her these days, need to make more of an effort!
Just at my parents now, have had dinner, and just chilling out.
Got a few jobs to do tomorrow but nothing major so it will be chilling out with my hubby mostly :)

Today's food:

B: 2x hot cross buns with Flora light
L: cheese sandwich
D: toad in the hole with veggies and gravy, homemade trifle
S: Kit Kat chunky, choc egg, mini eggs, you get the idea lol

Happy bank holiday!

I wasn't well this morning and I've figured its the hot cross buns that don't agree with me, as I've felt a bit ropey the last few mornings that I've had them.
So after seeing my breakfast in reverse lol, I went back to bed for an hour.
I do feel a little better but not 100% still :(
Was supposed to be popping out to Tesco to see if they've got any lamb for dinner tonight but we've kinda left it a bit late lol.
Gonna pop out there soon anyway, just in case. Need a few other bits too.
Then we will be visiting Paul's Nan in hospital, then take the dogs over the park for a bit.
Although I've not been that well, I've had a lovely long weekend with my hubby :)

Today's food:

B: 2x hot cross buns with Flora light
L: cheese sandwich
D: BBQ
S: ice lolly, choc egg

Last edited:
I'm feeling much better today, apart from being really tired but that's pregnancy for ya lol!!

Ended up having a BBQ last night as when we popped to Tesco it was really warm and sunny. We got the meat and rolls then went to visit Paul's Nan and within that hour the weather had chnaged drastically!!!
It started raining typical!!!
However we had the food so we went ahead and I must say, it was really cosy, cooking on the BBQ undercover and eating outside too. Wasn't cold either so we didn't need the heater. And both dogs stayed close by so they could keep dry!
It was a really lovely way to end the weekend :)
Need to pop out to Tesco soon for potatoes for dinner. I normally go in the mornings to get it over with, but it needed sleep more today! Fell asleep for 2 hours!! But I feel better for it :)
Got midwife tomorrow and whooping cough injection on Thursday, and otherwise just need to get my hospital bag finished!

Today's food:

B: Jordan's country crisp cereal
L: JW tuna infusions steam pot
D: pizza (using Warburton's square wraps) and wedges
S: choc egg, trifle, ice cream

Last edited:
Today I have my 36 week check with my midwife, always look forward to these appts as its a chance to hear baby's heartbeat :)
Was entertaining my hubby last night with my iPad resting on bump- baby moves and knocks it about all over the place, it's quite amusing to watch!!
I've often been playing games and lost points cos baby knocks my iPad sideways lol :)

Today's food:

B: 2 slices WM toast with peanut butter
L: tuna crunch wholemeal pasta salad (from Tesco)
D: meatballs and rice
S: choc egg, sm bag bacon rashers, r whites lemonade ice lolly

Last edited:
Today I have my 36 week check with my midwife, always look forward to these appts as its a chance to hear baby's heartbeat :) Was entertaining my hubby last night with my iPad resting on bump- baby moves and knocks it about all over the place, it's quite amusing to watch!! I've often been playing games and lost points cos baby knocks my iPad sideways lol :) Today's food: B: 2 slices WM toast with peanut butter L: D: meatballs and rice S: choc egg

Hope your appointment goes well. I used to love them too. Fab to hear heartbeat :) x

Hope your appointment goes well. I used to love them too. Fab to hear heartbeat :) x
It went very well thanks :)
Head's down and baby is 3/5 engaged :)
Back in 2 weeks :) x

Midwife appt went well, baby is head down, 3/5 engaged and was actually showing off whilst MW was feeling for a heartbeat lol!!
Asked about inductions and she said its 12 days, so that would mean May 29th if I'm still pregnant then lol!!
Back to see her in 2 weeks and it'll be May!!!!!
In fact it's the May 1st next Thursday which is rather scary!! :)

Midwife appt went well, baby is head down, 3/5 engaged and was actually showing off whilst MW was feeling for a heartbeat lol!! Asked about inductions and she said its 12 days, so that would mean May 29th if I'm still pregnant then lol!! Back to see her in 2 weeks and it'll be May!!!!! In fact it's the May 1st next Thursday which is rather scary!! :)

So close :) exiting times x

Well that was a wasted trip to the docs this morning- was meant to be having my whopping cough vaccine, but they didn't have any!
Turns out they placed an order end of March and it hasn't been delivered yet!!!
So I've got to re-book for next week but ring on the morning to check they've had a delivery!!
Kinda relieved as I hate needles but at the same time I just wanted it over with!
Payday today so tomorrow I will be doing the food shop, and getting the last bits for my hospital bag.
Aim is by end of Sunday- hospital bag will be packed, car seat cleaned up (its dusty as we had it for a while) and nursery finished.
We've got a couple of lovely WTP prints to put on the walls and some stickers too :)
We were originally going to pick up a changing table from our friends but they wanted £75 for it which I thought was a bit high.
When I looked online, I was able to get a brand new one from Mothercare for £40!
So we've ordered it to pick up Sunday, along with a cat net.
Saturday I've got some friends over for a mini 'baby shower'- just some buffet food and drink and a good old catch up :)
Also going out for dinner with hubby Saturday night as it will the last time before baby arrives :)

Currently just waiting for both the cleaner and my Subway salad to arrive :) I always treat myself to a Subway on payday, it's great that they deliver as well :) I get 2 salads to get free delivery so I've got one for tomorrow too :)
Parents and sister are due over later, mum is bringing dinner with her, pizza's I think!

Today's food:

B: 1 slice white toast with Flora light, an Alpen light bar
L: tuna mayo Subway salad
D: pizza and salad
S: Rolo choc egg, Fruyo lemon yogurt

Last edited:
Busy start to the day, as I've been out to Waitrose and Tesco to do the food shop- I was gone almost 3 hours :eek:
Both stores were busy and I tend to always end up down the baby aisle, browsing and dreaming lol!
As it was payday yesterday, I needed to get the last few things for my hospital bag and some formula too.
I also ended up buying a gorgeous little set of sleep suits (Tatty teddy) that were in the sale in Tesco, not that I actually needed anymore- baby's wardrobe is full but I couldn't resist!
Just had lunch and now need to go finish up in the nursery and must do it soon before I fall asleep!!
Trying out a new meal tonight- chicken stuffed with mozzarella and wrapped with bacon :drool: looking forward to it!!

Today's food:

B: 2 slices white toast with peanut butter
L: tuna mayo Subway salad
D: chicken stuffed with mozzarella, wrapped in bacon and served with SW chips and peas :)
S: McCoys flame grilled steak crisps, Bounty dark, Cadbury mini egg cake

Busy day today- got my mum, sister, nan and a couple of friends coming round for lunch and a catch up :) then me and hubby are going out to dinner, just to our local, but it'll be the last meal out before baby comes along :)
Shame it's raining heavily- was hoping to have everyone sitting outside in the sunshine but nope lol!

And today I am 37 weeks pregnant which means I'm classed as full term and baby could come at any time now :eek:!!
On that front, my friend who was due May 20th is already in labour! Very slow labour but her little girl should be here within the week I reckon :) really excited for her but kinda wish it was me! I'm hoping baby doesn't keep us waiting too long :)

Today's food:

B: 2 slices white toast with peanut butter
L: 'buffet'- sandwiches, crisps, salad, cake, etc
D: out for dinner
S:

Happy full term xxx

Thanks girls :)
It's been a busy but lovely day and I'm now off to bed :)
Shall leave you with a 37 week bump pic :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 89
That's all bump is that :) very tidy x

My nan said yesterday that it won't take me long to lose baby weight as I'm all bump- I hope she's right! X

Back