Kirsty's pregnancy and new Mummy diary- from 30 weeks onwards!

Off the monitor now, just waiting for a doctor to discharge me.

Fingers crossed not a long wait xx

Update from yesterday:

I got admitted to hospital suffering from very bad vomiting (couldn't even keep down water)... Midwife did all the checks and apart from protein in my urine (which they expected as I was dehydrated) everything was fine.
BP was on the low side but nothing to worry about...
Got put on monitor for 40 mins to check on baby, it was very active- the lines on the printout were all over the place! Midwife was very happy with that :)
No contractions either so that was good!
They gave me a choice of either having a drip of anti sickness for 4 hours or having an injection, trying to drink water and if all was ok, going home after 2 hours with a supply of anti sickness tablets.
I chose the injection (me and cannula's don't get on!!) which I had in the side of my leg.
Was left with a jug of water and told to keep drinking when I could. I also napped, as the whole day had left me drained.
Got woken up by nurse asking if I wanted anything to eat- oh yes I was ravenous by then and had managed a whole cup of water so I ordered a cheese and pickle sandwich, also got some apple juice and some chocolate biscuits.
I wolfed it all down, followed by 2 more cups of water, after that they were happy for me to go home.
So I got home late last night, via the chippy (I had a battered sausage craving lol), and was in bed by 10!!
I ached all over and felt very drained... Slept for almost 12 hours and I feel much better today.
Midwife said it was just a hormone imbalance, nothing to worry about...

So today... I'm 35 weeks, which means just 2 weeks until I'm classed as full term, and just 5 weeks until my due date!!!!
Really can't wait, I want my baby here and I don't want to be pregnant anymore!!
This morning had to take little Rosie (our Jack Russell) to the vets to have her nails clipped. She didn't like it one bit but got over it very quickly with all the cuddles and treats she received :)
Been to Tesco for a few bits, just had lunch and now going to tackle the laundry.
Off to my friend's wedding reception tonight, got myself a nice dress from Mothercare for the occasion, as I'm lacking in clothes that fit!

Today's food:

B: Jordan's country crisp cereal
L: tuna pasta salad (from Tesco)
D: smoked salmon and potato salad, no doubt followed by a plate of buffet food later :)
S: Muller corner apple and pear (yummy!)

Last edited:
Update from yesterday: I got admitted to hospital suffering from very bad vomiting (couldn't even keep down water)... Midwife did all the checks and apart from protein in my urine (which they expected as I was dehydrated) everything was fine. BP was on the low side but nothing to worry about... Got put on monitor for 40 mins to check on baby, it was very active- the lines on the printout were all over the place! Midwife was very happy with that :) No contractions either so that was good! They gave me a choice of either having a drip of anti sickness for 4 hours or having an injection, trying to drink water and if all was ok, going home after 2 hours with a supply of anti sickness tablets. I chose the injection (me and cannula's don't get on!!) which I had in the side of my leg. Was left with a jug of water and told to keep drinking when I could. I also napped, as the whole day had left me drained. Got woken up by nurse asking if I wanted anything to eat- oh yes I was ravenous by then and had managed a whole cup of water so I ordered a cheese and pickle sandwich, also got some apple juice and some chocolate biscuits. I wolfed it all down, followed by 2 more cups of water, after that they were happy for me to go home. So I got home late last night, via the chippy (I had a battered sausage craving lol), and was in bed by 10!! I ached all over and felt very drained... Slept for almost 12 hours and I feel much better today. Midwife said it was just a hormone imbalance, nothing to worry about... So today... I'm 35 weeks, which means just 2 weeks until I'm classed as full term, and just 5 weeks until my due date!!!! Really can't wait, I want my baby here and I don't want to be pregnant anymore!! This morning had to take little Rosie (our Jack Russell) to the vets to have her nails clipped. She didn't like it one bit but got over it very quickly with all the cuddles and treats she received :) Been to Tesco for a few bits, just had lunch and now going to tackle the laundry. Off to my friend's wedding reception tonight, got myself a nice dress from Mothercare for the occasion, as I'm lacking in clothes that fit! Today's food: B: Jordan's country crisp cereal L: tuna pasta salad (from Tesco) D: smoked salmon and potato salad, no doubt followed by a plate of buffet food later :) S: Muller corner apple and pear (yummy!)

Oh gosh Hun. Poor you'd how you feeling today?

Oh gosh Hun. Poor you'd how you feeling today?
I'm much better today thanks- pregnancy hasn't been kind to me at all! Can't wait for it to all be over and baby here in my arms :) x

Lazy day today- hubby has been out in the garden so I've been supervising haha!!
Had a nap and now watching some tv. Will be out walking the dogs sometime soon. Such a nice day, we'll take them over to the park so they can run around :)
Last night was really good fun. The buffet was cheese and biscuits with continental meats, absolutely lovely.
Must start on my hospital bag tomorrow, I'm very conscious of the fact that I have less than 5 weeks until my due date and that baby could put in an appearance in just a few weeks!!

Today's food:

L: salmon and potato salad
D: steak pie, mash and veg
S: 2x fruit juice ice lollies, grapes, Wotsits, Curly Wurly

Got one very active baby today :)
Feeling a little ill, but think its just the tiredness kicking in, I don't sleep very well these days.
Been out to do a few errands, going to start on my hospital bag and put a load of baby's clothes in the machine :)
Hoping by end of the week, I'll have done all baby's washing and the wardrobe will be organised ready for his/her's arrival :D

Today's food:

L: Rustler's micro hot dog (had a random hot dog craving!!)
D: Spaghetti bolognese
S: Cadbury mini animals, Fruit-tella, grapes, Hoops & Crosses, Malteaser bunny

Last edited:
That rubbish you were in hospital but glad all was ok x

That rubbish you were in hospital but glad all was ok x
I'm very familiar with the maternity wing of the hospital now!!!
Thanks I felt a bit iffy this morning but I think its extreme tiredness too and I suffer with heartburn which seems to bring on the sickness! X

What a beautiful morning!
Today I shall be getting some laundry done, mainly baby clothes, I can't wait to see them on the line, all those little outfits :)
Going to continue with organising the nursery and my hospital bag, and maybe tackle my wardrobe too.
I find once I'm in the mood for something like organising, there's no stopping me lol and there's plenty to be done around the house!
The kitchen cupboards need a good sort out too, need to make room for baby's bottles and steriliser :)
Got myself a little crossword book yesterday to keep me occupied in the evenings when the tv is poor!

Food hasn't been too bad this week, was in a snack-y mood last night and couldn't seem to stop picking!!!

Today's food:

L: jacket potato with beans and cheese
D: pizza (using Warburton's square wrap) and potato wedges
S: Cadbury mini animals, Velvet Crunch, Rolo pots ice cream, fruit ice lolly, Muller corner apple and pear

Last edited:
For the first time since getting my BFP (8 months ago!!) I'm craving cider!
I think it's this lovely weather- it makes me want to sit in my garden with an ice cold pint of Aspall...
Only 5 ish weeks until I can do that... Hurry up!!!

It's the 16th today which means in just ONE month baby will either be here or I will be incredibly anxious and hoping baby puts in an appearance soon!! (My due date is the 17th!)
Managed to get a fair bit done yesterday- got to do some laundry today, all baby's bedding for the Moses basket and some clothes.
Going to pop to Tesco soon to get stuff for dinner and also stock up on nappy bags, maternity towels, etc.
I want to make sure we don't have to worry about running out of the essentials in the first week as we'll be rather occupied with baby :)

Today's food:

L: ham salad (lettuce, peppers, carrot) with a dollop of low fat potato salad, followed by fresh pineapple with a fat free Greek yogurt
D: chicken stir fry
S: Hoops & Crosses, Dairy Milk Hoppy Bunny

Last edited:
It's the 16th today which means in just ONE month baby will either be here or I will be incredibly anxious and hoping baby puts in an appearance soon!! (My due date is the 17th!) Managed to get a fair bit done yesterday- got to do some laundry today, all baby's bedding for the Moses basket and some clothes. Going to pop to Tesco soon to get stuff for dinner and also stock up on nappy bags, maternity towels, etc. I want to make sure we don't have to worry about running out of the essentials in the first week as we'll be rather occupied with baby :) Today's food: B: Jordan's country crisp cereal L: D: chicken stir fry S:

Sounds a good plan to me. That's what we did. Stocked up the cupboards and freEzer. Not long now!!

Sounds a good plan to me. That's what we did. Stocked up the cupboards and freEzer. Not long now!!
Yeh we have a small but well stocked freezer and I reckon we'll be eating a lot of stir fry's as they are so quick!
I've just got to get a tin of formula, as I've already got a starter pack of the ready made ones for hospital, but waiting for April pay day to buy that.
Got loads of nappies, wipes and nappy bags that should see us through the first week and I can always send hubby/mum/mum in law to buy more if needed!
I've pretty much packed my hospital bag, all that's left is baby's sleep suits, etc which are currently in the machine :)
Plus my own toiletries, but I can't really pack them until the day as I use them all the time.
So excited!

I seem to be craving healthy food today- just had a yummy ham salad and now about to tuck into a huge pot of fresh pineapple with some fat free Greek yogurt :)
Plus with a stir fry for dinner- I'm technically having a really good superfree day!!!
I even brought a maple pecan Danish from Tesco to have later this afternoon with a cuppa but after my salad I suddenly don't fancy it!

ONE month today until my due date, how exciting!!! :D
That means if baby hasn't arrived this time next month, I'll be incredibly anxious and trying everything to get her/him out!!
I'm hoping this time next month, he/she'll be here already :)
And it seems eating rather healthily yesterday has made a difference as I got on the scales this morning and they are saying 14st 4lbs, which is just 1/2 lb up from last week :D
Looking forward to Easter weekend as for the first time ever, I can spend it all with my hubby :)
Normally I have to work either Good Friday or Easter Monday or sometimes both but not this year :)
And hubby, being a landscaper, doesn't work at all :)
We're planning a BBQ for Saturday, just us two, first BBQ of the year and poss the last one without baby :)
Sunday we are visiting my Nan and then having dinner at my Mum's, other than that and eating chocolate, we plan to take the dogs out for some nice long walks :)
Easter eggs- I've got a KitKat chunky one and hubby has a M&M one plus we have some little bits, like mini eggs, Malteaser bunnies, etc :)

Today's food:

B: Jordan's country crisp cereal, 2 Fox's Viennese chocolate fingers
L: salmon salad with a drizzle of olive oil followed by fresh pineapple with fat free Greek yogurt
D: jacket potato with beans and cheese
S: 4 coconut rings, Fruyo lemon yogurt

Last edited:
Good Friday today and I'm not doing much... Got to pop out to get hubby's beer for the weekend but otherwise I shall be napping as I had a bad night's sleep :(
Getting a lot of aches in my hips so I find myself tossing and turning all night and then getting up early as I just can't lay in bed anymore :(
Planning to take the dogs over to the park later and then a nice quiet evening in and the start of our long weekend together :)

Today's food:

L: tuna crunch wholemeal pasta salad from Tesco
D: bolognese pasta bake with a salad
S: Doritos, 2x ice lollies, lion bar

Last edited:
Writing this still in bed :)
Hubby is up and he kindly brought me breakfast in bed bless him :)
So just destroyed 2 hot cross buns yum yum!!
I'll return the gesture tomorrow- I love long weekends, it's like having 3 Sundays :D
Think he's got a few things to do today as he's got to clean up the BBQ for later on. It's only us 2 so at least of the weather isn't great we can eat it indoors.
Looking forward to it as it'll be the first BBQ of the year and prob the last one without baby :)
Today I am 36 weeks pregnant which means I have just one week until I'm classed as full term and then baby could come at any time :eek:
The next 3 days food will have a distinct Easter theme haha!!

Today's food:

B: 2 hot cross buns with Flora light
L: leftover bolognese pasta bake
D: BBQ- burgers, sausages, ribs, chicken, salad, etc
S: Walkers smokey bacon crisps, mini eggs, Galaxy bubbles egg, mini Malteaser bunny

Last edited:
Writing this still in bed :) Hubby is up and he kindly brought me breakfast in bed bless him :) So just destroyed 2 hot cross buns yum yum!! I'll return the gesture tomorrow- I love long weekends, it's like having 3 Sundays :D Think he's got a few things to do today as he's got to clean up the BBQ for later on. It's only us 2 so at least of the weather isn't great we can eat it indoors. Looking forward to it as it'll be the first BBQ of the year and prob the last one without baby :) Today I am 36 weeks pregnant which means I have just one week until I'm classed as full term and then baby could come at any time :eek: The next 3 days food will have a distinct Easter theme haha!! Today's food: B: 2 hot cross buns with Flora light L: leftover bolognese pasta bake D: BBQ- burgers, sausages, ribs, chicken, salad, etc S: Walkers smokey bacon crisps

I had a hot cross bun today too. Was yum! Hope you enjoyed your BBQ for two x

I had a hot cross bun today too. Was yum! Hope you enjoyed your BBQ for two x
I love hot cross buns! I actually went through a hot cross bun phase back in January when the shops first had them in- I was having them for breakfast every day!!!!
I did thank you, it was lovely to be outside eating dinner. It was a bit cold but we have a patio heater so we didn't really notice :) x

Back