Kirsty's pregnancy and new Mummy diary- from 30 weeks onwards!

We went out for dinner last night :) hubby suggested it as I was knackered and he could tell I didn't want to cook a roast and he was busy sorting out the garage.
Just went to our local which was as good as always :)
Today is looking like a wet day so I don't think I'll be doing much!! Got to pop out to Waitrose to get a few bits and then put on a load of laundry but I think that'll be all today... May start organising baby's room a little bit... Will see how tired I am later...

Today's food:

B: 2 slices WM toast with peanut butter
L: toasted Kingsmill 50/50 wrap filled with tuna, pepper, red onion, carrot, sweetcorn and olive oil
D: spaghetti bolognese
S: Malteaser bunny, Actimel

Last edited:
Bump at 34+2

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    909.8 KB · Views: 72
MW appt today, can't wait to hear baby's HB again :)
apart from that, I've got no other plans... Might start organising baby's wardrobe...

Today's food:

B: 2 slices WM toast with peanut butter, an Alpen light bar
L: 2 slices cheese on WM toast
D: lasagne and salad
S: 6 McVitie's double choc digestives (they are too nice!)

Last edited:
Back from midwife- alls well, measuring a week ahead of dates, head is down, baby is back to back so got to work on sitting forward more to get baby in better position.
Appt booked for 2 weeks time :) it's all getting so close now :)

Going into town this morning, going to pop to H&M to spend my £60 gift card that I got for Xmas and had forgotten about!!
Going to spend it on baby and maybe get a cheap nightie for hospital for myself....
I had a quick sort out of baby's clothing collection yesterday and put it all in size order and discovered I have loads of 6-9 months (new year sales- getting ready for this winter lol), a few 3-6 and some 0-3 but no newborn!!
Technically newborn is up to 7.5lbs so not worth buying too much given that me and hubby were both 8lb+ babies!
However I found in Tesco yesterday that they do 'up to 1 month' which goes up to 10lbs so perfect!
I got some basic stuff like sleep suits and scratch mitts.
So that's why I'm going to look in H&M today, ESP as I have a gift card.
Otherwise I seem to have everything for my hospital bag, I just need to pack it!
And start washing baby's clothes and organising the wardrobes in the nursery...

I'll prob also treat myself to a mocha from Costa and some lunch from M&S whilst in town!

Today's food:

B: Jordan's country crisp strawberry cereal
L: salmon pasta salad from M&S
D: steak stir fry
S:

Last edited:
Have fun xx I'm off to a baby and bump group to meet new people :) x

Yes up to 1 month clothes were great for Oliver. We got lots in sains. Remember it does depend on how long your baby is too. I would get a few newborn and up to 1 month just to start with and then once baby is here you can always get more once you know the size needed. Each shop varies so much too x

I'll have to take a trip to Sainsburys at some point I think .
I got a couple of up to 1 month in H&M and I must say they seem really small!!
Esp compared to Tesco's up to 1 month range.
Every chance it'll be a long baby- I'm 5ft 10!!
Yeh I can send out mum and MIL once baby is here, I'm sure they won't mind :) they've already got my dad and FIL's credit cards at the ready lol :) x

I'll have to take a trip to Sainsburys at some point I think . I got a couple of up to 1 month in H&M and I must say they seem really small!! Esp compared to Tesco's up to 1 month range. Every chance it'll be a long baby- I'm 5ft 10!! Yeh I can send out mum and MIL once baby is here, I'm sure they won't mind :) they've already got my dad and FIL's credit cards at the ready lol :) x

Yeah they are different everywere the newborn ones we got from mothercare go upto 10lbs and the tesco ones say 71/2lbs so bit of a difference lol I'm really short but my other half is 6'3 so no Idea how long or big my baby will be, might be average or an 8/9lber lol eek xx

Yeah they are different everywere the newborn ones we got from mothercare go upto 10lbs and the tesco ones say 71/2lbs so bit of a difference lol I'm really short but my other half is 6'3 so no Idea how long or big my baby will be, might be average or an 8/9lber lol eek xx

The Tesco stuff seems longer and I got a few bits from Nutmeg, which is Morrisons baby clothing range (Sale plus mum's discount :)) and that's all really long too!
My other half is 5'8 and we were both 8lber's and long at birth!! X

I am so uncomfortable today- hips, legs, back all ache and I'm getting period pains :(
Found it difficult walking around Waitrose this morning doing the food shop- maybe I should take a chair with me next time lol?!
Loving this warm weather we're getting at the moment but being heavily pregnant I'm always hot!!
Weighed myself this morning and only put on 1.5lbs this week, taking me up to 14st 3.5lbs.
Chuffed about that, as 1.5lbs is about the average for this stage of pregnancy.
Means I have now put on 3 stone in total :(
With 5 weeks left, hoping I just gain about another 5-7lbs at the very most.

Today's food:

B: 2 slices WM toast with peanut butter
L: 2 cod and parsley fish cakes, peas and a few potato croquettes (emptying the freezer!!)
D: cheese and potato pie with beans and sausages
S: mini Smarties chick, Fruyo lemon yogurt (OMG it's yummy!!!)

Last edited:
Hi Hun I know the feeling!
Food shopping is a killer , I always get a trolly now even f I only need a few bits because I find carrying a basket too heavy!
Food for today looks good .. Jealous of your cheese pie sounds lovely.
Don't worry too much about the gain.. I think weight loss slows down the last few weeks IMO anyway .
Xx

Hi Hun I know the feeling!
Food shopping is a killer , I always get a trolly now even f I only need a few bits because I find carrying a basket too heavy!
Food for today looks good .. Jealous of your cheese pie sounds lovely.
Don't worry too much about the gain.. I think weight loss slows down the last few weeks IMO anyway .
Xx
I do the same! I went to Tesco the other day for 3 items but I still had a trolley!!
Now I understand y old people do it- I used to think it was odd having a trolley for just a few items but now I totally get it!!
Mum's making the cheese pie, I'm at the stage where cooking is too much effort now so when she offered I said yes!
It's pretty SW friendly when you think about it- cheese is A choice, potatoes are free and she always slices up tomatoes for the top!
Yeh I remember reading somewhere that weight gain slows down towards the end. Plus I'm struggling to eat big meals so that'll help lol!
Not long for you now? Xx

Lol and me I'm sure I get some odd looks in asda when I go to the checkout with about five items in my massive trolley.
Ooh il have to try and whip up a sw friendly one :)
I'm really enjoying cooking at the moment think its because I don't usually get time .
Yep baby is due 1 week tomorrow I'm really hoping to maintain my weight now .. As I have gained 21lbs exactly which was my target but if I go over then I go over not putting too much pressure on myself.

Lol and me I'm sure I get some odd looks in asda when I go to the checkout with about five items in my massive trolley.
Ooh il have to try and whip up a sw friendly one :)
I'm really enjoying cooking at the moment think its because I don't usually get time .
Yep baby is due 1 week tomorrow I'm really hoping to maintain my weight now .. As I have gained 21lbs exactly which was my target but if I go over then I go over not putting too much pressure on myself.
21lbs is really impressive! I've put on 42lbs!!! But it has gone all on bump so I'm happy about that. Might make it easier to lose!!
I originally wanted to not go above my SW starting weight (13st 12lbs) but I'm already 5lbs above that oops!
1 week eek! So close, I was just saying to a friend as soon as May 1st gets here, that's when I'll be counting down the days!

Mine is all bump too it will be ever so strange once bump is gone !
I'm also above my sw starting weight but I don't have a great deal to lose probably between 1 and 2 stones once baby is here .. I'm extremely short though (4'11) so don't carry the extra weight well!
Aww may is not long at all it will soon fly by , me and my bf were saying last night we can't believe in a weeks time we could have a baby here with us the time has just disappeared .

Hi hun x hope you're ok today xx

Not feeling well today :(
Threw up breakfast and haven't really stopped being sick :(
Not sure if its pregnancy or a bug but have spoken to midwife and as it's only been a few hours, got to wait a bit longer and if I'm still being sick then go into hospital and be put on a drip.
This was at 11am and I'm still not feeling right- so think I will likely be spending the afternoon in hospital :(
At 35 weeks I thought I was done with the sickness but clearly not!
Only good thing is baby has remained active all morning, my iPad is currently bouncing around as I type!, so that's one less thing to worry about.
35 weeks tomorrow- the end is in sight!! Have really had enough of being pregnant now... X

Currently in hospital on a monitor, everything seems fine- the sickness is most likely just hormone imbalance.
Really really hungry...

Ah dear how long do you have to stay in ? Xx

Back