Kirsty's pregnancy and new Mummy diary- from 30 weeks onwards!

Dougal1983

Proud Mummy
Hello!!!

I'm Kirsty and I'm pregnant!
I did have another diary that I used to reach target with Slimming World.
However I've been meaning to start a new one for my pregnancy and finally here it is!

A bit of background about me:

I started SW in August 2012, lost 2st 9lbs before reaching target in March 2013.
I then managed to maintain for 5 months before falling pregnant. I continued to maintain my target weight right through my 1st trimester.
This was partly down to being so ill with morning sickness, right from 6 weeks until 24 weeks!
Naturally, however, I've see been piling on the pounds and by the start of my 3rd trimester I had managed to gain 25lbs. A bit more than I would have liked but I really did struggle to follow SW so wasn't overly surprised.
I'm now trying to minimise much more weight gain for the remainder of my pregnancy, by attempting to follow SW as best as I can.
My meals are always ok but it's the snacking I struggle with!

On the pregnancy front, this is my first baby and me and my husband, Paul, and we are very excited!
We went on holiday last August (2013) for our 2nd wedding anniversary and came back pregnant!
Which was the plan but we honestly didn't expect it to happen at the first attempt!
As I've already mentioned, I was very ill with morning sickness, so ill I was admitted to hospital 3 times to be put on a drip.
Once that part was over, I've mostly suffered with the usual- indigestion, heartburn, backache, restless legs etc.
I'm currently 30+3 and for the last few weeks I've been getting heavy and uncomfortable!
Finding it hard to drive, sleep, walk, work and I've gone from having very little bump-age to people asking if I'm having twins!!!!!

My due date is 17th May and we decided to stay team yellow :)

So I'm going to post my attempts at staying on plan every day and also lots of bump pics, etc.

Welcome to my diary :)

Some bump pics!

5 weeks, 10 weeks and first scan at 10 weeks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    968.9 KB · Views: 328
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    903.5 KB · Views: 233
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    439 KB · Views: 246
12 week scan and bump

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    482.1 KB · Views: 229
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 241
14 weeks bump and 15 weeks bump on my 30th birthday :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    899.2 KB · Views: 286
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    395.6 KB · Views: 331
16, 17 and 18 week bumps

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    908.8 KB · Views: 207
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 180
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    939.9 KB · Views: 203
20 week scan and bump

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    429 KB · Views: 196
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 185
22 and 24 week bumps

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    914 KB · Views: 318
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 180
26 and 28 week bumps

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 192
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 190
30 week bump!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    768.4 KB · Views: 569
Wow hello Dougal the bump pics look great. Not long at all to go now. :) xx I turn 30 in a few weeks and il be around 18 weeks it's crazy x

Some pics of my fave bits of baby's collection so far:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    573.3 KB · Views: 223
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    427.8 KB · Views: 220
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    502.1 KB · Views: 188
Wow hello Dougal the bump pics look great. Not long at all to go now. :) xx I turn 30 in a few weeks and il be around 18 weeks it's crazy x
Hello and welcome!

Thank you, bump has grown a lot esp in the last 5 weeks!
I was 15 weeks on my 30th and I didn't mind one bit :) I was still able to celebrate it as I would have pre-pregnancy (minus the alcohol) and I was starting to feel relatively human by then :)

When's your due date?

It's gone so quickly- I can't believe in 10 weeks time baby should have arrived or on its way or stubbornly refusing to budge!! X

Last edited:
So today I've been off work sick, been feeling a bit under the weather and have developed a bit of a cough so off to the docs I went.
Thankfully my chest is clear so doc has given me an inhaler to use for a few weeks to see if it makes any difference.

I got the results of my 28 week blood test and it seems I'm slightly anaemic- I say slightly as my iron levels were 111 and they are supposed to be 115 so only just under.
Anyway midwife is going to do another blood test at my 31 week appointment (next Tuesday 18th) to see if its changed.
May have to go on iron tablets, but that's dependant on results.

I'm getting lots of kicking when I eat chocolate which is fab but it means I use it as an excuse to eat more oops lol!

So today's food:

B: Jordan's crunchy crisp strawberry cereal with extra strawberries, an Alpen light bar
L: homemade Subway- huge wholemeal sub with tuna mayo, lettuce, cucumber, toms, peppers, red onion and sweetcorn.
D: Veggie stir fry

S: Snickers, handful of grapes

Subscribing :)

Subscribing. I'm currently 23 weeks pregnant and maintained target all through first trimester but have put on 13 pound so far as I'm finding it really hard to stick to plan. Like you my meals are ok just the snacking that's the problem, this baby has a seriously sweet tooth.

Subscribing. I'm currently 23 weeks pregnant and maintained target all through first trimester but have put on 13 pound so far as I'm finding it really hard to stick to plan. Like you my meals are ok just the snacking that's the problem, this baby has a seriously sweet tooth.
Welcome :)

Yep mine has a sweet tooth too!
Chocolate gets baby kicking and wriggling about and that's the best feeling ever :)

Hi Kirsty my due date is 24th aug, it's flying by! I will start mat leave with annual leave around July so already I am counting down hahaha. I'm looking forward to my 30th non alcoholic cocktails are nice I've sampled some :). Sorry to hear your ill but hopefully the inhaler works :) x

Back