Kirsty's pregnancy and new Mummy diary- from 30 weeks onwards!

Thanks :) My nan said yesterday that it won't take me long to lose baby weight as I'm all bump- I hope she's right! X

Your bump is fab!
I was all bump and lost the 30lbs I gained within four weeks of Cole being born so maybe there's some truth in what your nan says, fingers crossed x

Your bump is fab!
I was all bump and lost the 30lbs I gained within four weeks of Cole being born so maybe there's some truth in what your nan says, fingers crossed x
I hope so, as I've put on 44lbs so far :eek: x

Great bump! I'm sure you will lose it as you do seem all bump :) x

Wow you are defo all bump! Wish I could say the same for myself haha x

Thanks everyone :)

Just remembered I hadn't posted my food for today lol actually been quite busy- organised the kitchen cupboards to make room for baby's bottles and formula, sterilised all bottles and teats, went to Mothercare to collect changing table which hubby has put together, walked the dogs, had a nap and now waiting for dinner, which hubby is cooking :)
Still haven't finished packing my hospital bag but now that we've done a few other things, I'll crack on with it tomorrow :)

So today's food:

B: 2 slices white toast with Flora, Muller corner
L: KFC (oops!)
D: roast lamb with veggies, roasties, yorkies and gravy
S: toffee crisp

Fab picture and agree with others that you're all bump. Food sounds delicious. Get that hospital bag finished though, you never know when baby is going to make an entrance now! X
Aww thanks :)
Dinner was scrummy, my hubby makes a mean roast dinner :)

Yep that's today's job :) x

Thanks for all the lovely comments, I will really miss my bump when baby arrives :)

Dinner was delicious last night- hubby makes the best roast potatoes :drool:
And best part- he washed up afterwards!!!
We normally have a rule that whoever cooks, the other washes up, to keep it fair, but he refused to let me help- as soon as I got up he was like 'sit!' You're resting! Oh ok then lol!
Bless him :)

So today's job is finishing my hospital bag and I'm not doing anything else until that's finished! I do have to pop out to the post office but I can do that later on.
Still haven't heard anything about my friend who went into early labour so assuming she's still suffering, poor girl. I can only hope my labour is quick!

Today's food:

B: 2 slices white toast with Flora light
L: beans on white toast
D: chicken stir fry
S: Smartie choc egg

Last edited:
Hospital bag is finished yay!!!
That's pretty much all I did yesterday, as I'm finding it a struggle to do much these days. I end up aching all over, plus I've been getting period-like cramps and I do actually feel like I'm having my period! I feel rotten, grumpy, emotional, etc.
Ah the joys of pregnancy!

So today I need to go to the post office, pets at home and Tesco and get my car cleaned.
We've decided my car is the vehicle of choice for rushing me to hospital- it's not as low down as my hubby's car and it's much comfier than his work van!!!
Shame it's a bit showery today, but I really need to get my car washed, mainly inside, as it smells of dog! We use it to take the girls over the park so it's hairy too!!
Thinking I'll leave my car at Tesco to be cleaned whilst I go to post office (it's next to Tesco- very handy!) and Tesco. May even have to stop for a cuppa in Tesco if they are busy :)
Need to pop to Pets at home for Penny's food. I said to hubby yesterday that I wanna make sure all the animals have got plenty of food and treats etc so it's one less thing to worry about when baby arrives :)
Hubby has got a friend over tonight so once we've all had dinner I shall go relax :)

Today's food:

B: 2 slices white toast with peanut butter
L: tuna crunch wholemeal pasta salad
D: sausage pasta bake
S: toasted tea cake with Flora, Twix

Last edited:
Ooh how exciting packing ur hospital bag! :-D can't wait till I'm packing mine! I finish work 2 wk on fri so I'll prob end up doing it really early out of boredom lol. You look really well, def all bump xx

Ooh how exciting packing ur hospital bag! :-D can't wait till I'm packing mine! I finish work 2 wk on fri so I'll prob end up doing it really early out of boredom lol. You look really well, def all bump xx

Lol my advice is do it early! I've sort of been doing it and just kept thinking I'll finish it tomorrow... And then I heard that my friend who was due 3 days AFTER me has already gone into labour (very slow and painful bless her) and that was the shock I needed to get it finished!!
It literally could be any day now...

Thanks I feel well, apart from indigestion and the occasional bout of sickness!!
Bump looks massive today and there's been loads of activity in there :)
Hoping he/she won't keep me waiting too long. X

What do you need in your hospital bag? I got a list off mothercare but would be intresting to see what others put inxx

Lol my advice is do it early! I've sort of been doing it and just kept thinking I'll finish it tomorrow... And then I heard that my friend who was due 3 days AFTER me has already gone into labour (very slow and painful bless her) and that was the shock I needed to get it finished!! It literally could be any day now... Thanks I feel well, apart from indigestion and the occasional bout of sickness!! Bump looks massive today and there's been loads of activity in there :) Hoping he/she won't keep me waiting too long. X

I know of a couple of people this yr that have gone onto labour early. At 27 weeks ( luckily she was fine) and home now. N my mums friends daughter 6 weeks early. I'm starting on her washing ect as soon as my mat leave starts so I'll make a start on my bag then. the house is upside down with decorating at the min n her room hasn't even started so I don't really want her coming early. maybe 1 week or so but I need to get things done lol.

Ooh I feel u with the heart burn, never had it in my life till being pregnant. Makes me feel sick xx

I know of a couple of people this yr that have gone onto labour early. At 27 weeks ( luckily she was fine) and home now. N my mums friends daughter 6 weeks early. I'm starting on her washing ect as soon as my mat leave starts so I'll make a start on my bag then. the house is upside down with decorating at the min n her room hasn't even started so I don't really want her coming early. maybe 1 week or so but I need to get things done lol.

Ooh I feel u with the heart burn, never had it in my life till being pregnant. Makes me feel sick xx
I know one girl who was 4cm dilated at 32 weeks!!! Luckily her little boy held out until 36 weeks and he was born perfectly healthy :)
Yeh I did the washing as soon as I started mat leave, it's lovely seeing all the little baby grows and scratch mitts out on the line :)

Same here, I've only ever had indigestion and that was pre-SW when my diet was pretty awful, soon as I started SW it vanished.
Now, with pregnancy, I've suffered with both since the very beginning, plus I've had bad sickness.
Also I thought when baby goes head down I wouldn't suffer as much. No chance! Baby has been head down since 34 weeks and is engaged but I'm still suffering :( must have a long baby :)
Be glad when it's all over! X

What do you need in your hospital bag? I got a list off mothercare but would be intresting to see what others put inxx
I've basically followed the lists I've got off various websites and books and some advice from friends and on here.

For me:
disposable knickers (or old ones), maternity towels, breast pads, old comfy t shirt/nightie for labour, nightie/pj's and a dressing gown for on the ward, slippers, socks, nursing bras, baggy comfy clothes to go home in, toiletries (I've brought all travel sized bottles of shampoo etc, much easier to pack), lip balm, magazines/books, camera (I'm using my phone)

For baby:
nappies, wipes, sudocream, cotton wool, dummies, sleep suits, scratch mitts, blanket, going home outfit, Muslim clothes, bibs

And the 2 most important things: car seat and maternity notes!

I've also packed an extra bag with extra nappies, sleep suits in, so if I'm in hospital for a while, hubby can pop home and grab it x

Had a productive morning- posted my parcel, car is now clean inside and out, my dog has food and I got a few essentials from Tesco!
I also stopped at the cafe in Tesco and had a nice pot of decaf tea and a toasted tea cake, which was most welcome :)
Tesco also had a sale on in their F&F clothing section so I came away with a few more sleep suits for baby!
Really didn't need them but they were so cheap and very cute, I couldn't resist :)
I really need to be kept away from that section of Tesco, it's proving dangerous!!
Having lunch now and then going to make a soup for hubby's lunches :) x

Last day of April today, where is this year going?! It seems to be flying by!
And tomorrow I'll be able to say 'I'm having a baby this month!' :eek:
Already been out to Tesco as we needed milk desperately lol! It was nice going so early, it's quiet and I've been back home since before 10 and I can just chill out for rest of the day :)
Got a load of baby clothes in the machine, and it's such a warm day I may do some other laundry as well...
Hubby has decided he's going to try following SW again so I need to go dig out my books at some stage today- he's giving up alcohol until baby arrives, as he wants to be able to drive me to the hospital when the time comes, so he'll prob lose a fair bit of weight just from that alone!
I must admit I'm looking forward to getting back into SW once baby is here, I've actually missed it in some ways!
And it'll be nice to eat healthily again and cut back on the rubbish! I know I can control what I eat now but it's hard as most of the time I'm craving sugar, through being so tired!
Like today, I went to get milk and also come away with a bag of Jelly Tots (haven't had them for years!) and some cherry macaroons from the bakery!!
Plus I need to go easy on the white bread, but I can't bear the taste of wholemeal at the moment!

Anyway today's food:

L: leftover sausage pasta bake
D: spaghetti bolognese
S: Jelly Tots, cherry macaroon

1st May today which means... I'm having a baby this month!!! :D :D :D

Since last night I haven't felt 'right'- agitated, restless and lots of backache and period pain. Still the same today but I think its prob a false alarm as I've not had a 'show', my waters haven't broken and I've not got contractions... But we'll see, baby may be having a nap right now haha!!

Need to go to Waitrose and do a food shop, but decided I'm just going to get enough for a couple of days and then going to do a shop to be delivered.
Doing a full weekly shop is getting too much for me now, so online deliveries will be the way forward for a while...

Today's food:

L: tuna crunch wholemeal pasta salad
D: sausage pie, mash and veg
S: slice of choc brownie gateau

Last edited:
Have had an eventful morning- baby wasn't moving around as much so went into hospital to be checked over and all's fine!
Baby perked right up when the monitor went on and as the MW said 'we've got a live wire here!' :)
I'm classed as being in early labour as I'm getting contractions, but not regular or painful, and my waters haven't broken yet.
So it could still take another 2 weeks or could be sooner... Been ordered to get lots of rest in the meantime so I'm gonna start reading my books again, may even send hubby to buy me a couple of new ones...
Only plans for the rest of the month are: tomorrow we're going to our friends who live close by (and more importantly closer to the hospital!) and are also expecting a bambino (week after me) and hopefully having a BBQ if the weather is as nice as it's meant to be. If not, it'll be a takeaway :)
We will most likely have another BBQ on Monday as it's meant to be warm :)
Next weekend my best friend is coming over on the Saturday to keep me company and she's bringing lunch, this is assuming baby hasn't put in an appearance by then.
I have MW on Wednesday, which will be 10 days before due date :eek:
And that's it!

So today's food:

L: pasta with cherry toms, peppers, cucumber and red onion with a slight drizzle of olive oil
D: lasagne and salad
S: mini eggs (to get baby moving :)), blueberry muffin

Last edited:
I'm 38 weeks!!!
14 days until baby's due date.... Given that I'm still getting the 'tightenings' and my bump is really low, I do actually think baby will be here before due date :D
When I don't know but def before the 17th :D
Anyway I weighed myself this morning and given it's been over 2 weeks since I last did, I've only put on 3lbs :)
So total gain at 38 weeks is: 3st 5lbs
I'm hoping it doesn't go above 3st 7lbs, but I shouldn't be gaining too much now anyway.
Going to friends tonight for either a takeaway or BBQ, weather dependant :)
And then 2 days off with hubby to do a few bits around the house and have another BBQ :)
Will be making the most of it as could be our last bank holiday weekend, just the 2 of us :)

Today's food:

L: JW light lunch Mexican tuna salad
D: Chinese
S: Rolo ice cream

Last edited:
Back