Kirsty's pregnancy and new Mummy diary- from 30 weeks onwards!

Sorry missed a post that you were not doing 5:2 Id still get a multi bit if your doing low low kcals xx

I've had some very sad news today...

My friends husband has passed away from colon cancer, one month short of his 34th birthday :(

So sad to hear this :-( xxx

I've had some very sad news today...

My friends husband has passed away from colon cancer, one month short of his 34th birthday :(

oh no :( so so sorry to hear this :( big hugs xxx

I've had some very sad news today... My friends husband has passed away from colon cancer, one month short of his 34th birthday :(

Sorry to hear that xxx

You are doing well cal counting, but don't worry its not a quick fix you can slowly up your cals to maintaining weight i used 1500 a day with practically weekend of and maintained a for few months fine before i found out i was pregnant, just as slimming world does cal counting becomes a way of life xx

That terrible news and no age life is so cruel xx

Thanks everyone- I spent the afternoon in tears but I'm ok now...
Makes me realise how lucky I am to have my Paul, he's been amazing- I rang him to tell him and he came home from work with a bottle of wine, chocolate and lots of cuddles <3
He hasn't let me lift a finger this evening, doing Oliver's bath and bottle, cooking dinner, everything :)

My friend and her late husband were in the process of IVF, she's still going ahead with it but its so sad he won't be around to see his child even being born :cry:

Girls- give your little ones extra cuddles tonight, we are so lucky to be mummies xx

Thanks everyone- I spent the afternoon in tears but I'm ok now...
Makes me realise how lucky I am to have my Paul, he's been amazing- I rang him to tell him and he came home from work with a bottle of wine, chocolate and lots of cuddles <3
He hasn't let me lift a finger this evening, doing Oliver's bath and bottle, cooking dinner, everything :)

My friend and her late husband were in the process of IVF, she's still going ahead with it but its so sad he won't be around to see his child even being born :cry:

Girls- give your little ones extra cuddles tonight, we are so lucky to be mummies xx

We really are xxx
I've actually just been sat here smiling, but feeling emotional about how lucky I feel. Have my husband who has been a gem the past couple of days helping me when I feel sick, hes just ran me a candlelit bath and hes done the bottles too (little things!) I've got my gorgeous daughter, and I've a little chickpea in my tummy who I hope continues to grow xx Feel blessed xx

PS: I hope your ok x cant imagine what his wife is going through :( xxxxxx

PS: I hope your ok x cant imagine what his wife is going through :( xxxxxx
I'm ok, just a bit down... Malteasers and wine are helping tho!

It's awful, she sent me a text that said 'please call me' and I just knew... He took a turn for the worse on Friday and they had moved to his parents so they could put a hospital bed in for him... She knew it wouldn't be long but she was hoping for a couple of weeks...
I'm still in shock myself... And I don't think it's hit her yet either... Poor girl xx

Food for today:

Calorie goal: 1400

Breakfast:

porridge with nutella- 168
coffee x1- 12

Lunch:

2x Ryvita with Philadelphia light- 133
Pom Bears- 95
Sprite zero- 3

Mid-afternoon:

Freddo- 95
coffee- 12

Dinner:

chilli- 264
Tilda Mexican bean chilli rice- 292
Sprite zero x3- 9

Total: 1083

The only reason I've had just 2 Ryvita for lunch is cos I've run out! Shopping day is tomorrow!

Last edited:
You seem to be doing well calorie counting, I'm doing the same. Sorry to hear about ur friend :-( xx

You seem to be doing well calorie counting, I'm doing the same. Sorry to hear about ur friend :-( xx
Thanks x

I'm finding cc much easier than I thought and I'm enjoying it and don't feel deprived x

I've actually worked out how I can manage a 500 cal day- going to try it tomorrow and if it works then I think I'll do 5:2 properly allowing myself 1900 cals on the other 5 days...
My plan for tomorrow is: porridge, Nutella and a coffee for 180 cals, a ham salad and a Sprite zero for 120 and a chicken and bacon salad and 2 glasses of Sprite zero for 248.
Leaves me with 52 cals to use, which I'll prob have a few squares of chocolate...

Sounds like a plan, just keep thinking I can have it if I want it, tomorrow! Xx

Going to sains tomorrow. Do you want me to look for thomas tops for you. 25% off at the moment too x
That would be great if you could- I've got my mum on the case for the Ipswich Sainsburys as well but so far no luck! X

Back