Kirsty's road back to target in time for Kefalonia 2013!

Good morning diary!

I'm a happy bunny today- I got dressed this mooning and had to put a safety pin in my trousers as they were falling down :D
Off shopping again on Sunday so smaller sizes here we come :D

I think this will be a strange week as I only need to lose 1lb before I fall out of my target range and I'm loving being on plan that I will struggle to fall off plan, so to speak.
I lost 2.5lbs this week after being 100% so I don't really want to do that again, although I could just wear heavier clothes to WI maybe?!

Only one thing to get in my way- wedding anniversary on Tuesday :) 2 whole years so going out for dinner that night- actually thinking about it I'll be 100% all the way until Tuesday evening then go off plan for the night and hopefully it'll even itself out for Wedneday WI!!

Anyway here's today's plan:

EXTRA EASY

Thursday 1st August 2013

HEXA: 350ml skimmed milk
HEXB: 2 Alpen light bars

Breakfast

1 Alpen light bar (1/2 HEXB) and black coffee

Lunch

leftover tuna pasta salad with mayo

Dinner

Salad with prawns, smoked salmon and crabsticks. Plus new potatoes :)

Syns

2 tbsp extra light mayo (1)
Alpro soya dark chocolate dessert (6)
Rich Tea finger (1)
Nice biscuit (2)

Daily Syns: 10

Weekly Syns: 27/105

Last edited:
Good morning diary!

Another beautiful day and I'm feeling good :)

Just over a week to go eek!!

Here's today's plan:

EXTRA EASY

HEXA: 40g reduced fat cheddar
HEXB: Ryvita minis

Breakfast

Banana and black coffee

Lunch

the last of the tuna pasta salad with some el mayo

Dinner

Meatball pasta bake :)

Syns

2 tbsp extra light mayo (1)

Lots of Syns today, as I'm feeling sorry for myself. Not going to count, just back on track tomorrow morning.

Daily Syns: too many

Weekly Syns:

Last edited:
Well it al happened this morning- I ate the banana, then threw up! It happened on Tuesday morning when I had a banana so naturally I was worried.
Was in a lot of pain and not in the best state (I suffer with anxiety too) so I didn't go to work, went to the docs instead.
Doc is pretty certain it's IBS, but I'm going in for a blood test next week to rule out other things.

So I've been prescribed Mebevrine for my IBS and I have to avoid my trigger foods.

So far its:

Banana's
Spicy food
Dairy food in large quantities (eg ice cream)

I'm sure there'll be more!

Anyway I'm feeling rough so have brought myself some treats from Tesco- prob means a very synful day but for once I don't care- I only have 1lb to lose and I know I can get back on track tomorrow.

I just need a treat day so I'm having one :) X

Good morning diary!

Well I'm feeling much better today- I did have a bit of a treat day but didn't really eat proper meals (apart from dinner) just picked all day, mainly crisps (I seem to have an addiction to Hula Hoops!!).
So I was happy to see it hasn't done too much damage on the scales this morning and I feel now, like I've got it out of my system and I'm back on plan today.

Big test tonight as I'm going to make a curry. I know I'm supposed to avoid it, but with my meds, I'm hoping I won't react too badly.
The thing is, I love curry. And I'm craving it, so I'm going to put up with the consequences.

So here's today's plan:

EXTRA EASY

HEXA: 40g reduced fat cheddar
HEXB: 2 slices wholemeal bread

Breakfast

Toast with marmite

Lunch

leftover meatball pasta bake

Dinner

chicken madras, Tilda rice, bhaji's and poppadums :)

Syns

Tilda pilau micro rice (2.5)
2 mini onion Bhaji's (5)
2 mini vegetable samosas (5)
1 Poppadum (2)
1 tbsp Patak's madras curry paste (2)

Daily Syns: 16.5

Weekly Syns:

Last edited:
Well I've been naughty again- picking at crisps and more crisps!!
Again not had proper meals apart from dinner oops!

Really need to get back on plan, and not buy more Hula Hoops!!!

Curry went down very well, tummy is fine so far.

Off shopping tomorrow, hopefully pop into M&S for some lunch :)

Good morning diary!

So 2 days off plan now and the scales aren't happy! Neither am I- tummy is bloated and I look fat lol.

So I MUST be a good girl now and stick to it, only need a lb off but still....

So here's today's plan:

EXTRA EASY

HEXA:
HEXB: 2 slices wholemeal bread

Breakfast

Bacon toastie (HEXB) with some tommy k and a cuppa

Lunch

Waitrose cafe- Smoked salmon & beetroot salad (without dressing), black coffee, water, slice of Victoria sponge :(

Dinner

Steak and shallot pie with mash and veggies

Syns

2 tbsp reduced salt tommy k (1)
1/4 pastry on pie (4)
2 tbsp extra light Flora (3)

1 slice Victoria sponge (guessing 20+??)

Daily Syns: far too many :(

Last edited:
Good morning diary!

Well after a weekend mostly off plan, my scales are being kind to me, showing a maintain from Wednesday.
Just hoping it drops as its our wedding anniversary tomorrow and we are off out to dinner, so that will be off plan!!

Todays plan:

EXTRA EASY

Monday 5th August 2013

HEXA:

Breakfast

a homemade chocolate cupcake and black coffee

Lunch

leftover steak and shallot pie with broccoli

Dinner

Syns

homemade chocolate cupcake (4.5)
1/4 pastry for pie (4)
Hula Hoops (6.5)

Daily Syns: 15

Last edited:
Good morning diary!

It's my 2nd wedding anniversary today :) so going out for dinner tonight :)

Here's today's plan:

EXTRA EASY

HEXA: cheese

Breakfast

2x Krackawheat, black coffee

Lunch

a packet of Wotsits

Dinner

At Table Table restaurant- had prawn cocktail to start but didn't touch the bread and butter *polishes halo*, then had the BBQ chicken and bacon melt- cut the fat off the bacon, had a very small amount of the BBQ sauce, had the salad with no dressing and the jacket potato with no butter *polishes halo some more* no pudding, had 7up free and black coffee for drinks *halo is very shiny* :p

Syns

2x McVitie's Krackawheat (3)
Wotsits (5)
Cadbury animals (5)
McVitie's Oddities (5.5)

Daily Syns: 18.5 and that's before dinner out...

Last edited:
Good morning diary!

Well today is the final WI before holiday eek!

Scales are looking good atm :)

Will update later x

Well done Kirsty, you must be so chuffed to be at a lovely low weight in time for your jolly hols

Thanks everyone, yes I'm chuffed to bits :D

And excited for my holiday, so I'm bouncing off the ceiling right now!!

I actually weigh 7lbs less than I did when I went to Kefalonia 2 years ago :D

Happy days x

Went to docs for blood test earlier, then did the most un-SW shop ever in Tesco whoops! Think I'm in holiday mode already :p

Go for it Kirsty, thats what holidays are for......life is for living. You're a lovely healthy weight now and maintaining, so a couple of weeks out of the year enjoying the pleasures in life with good food, will do you the world of good.
I'll be in your position in 2 weeks, as going to London with a girlfriend for the weekend and then hubby and I are off camping in the Lakes for a week.....I wont be following SW to the letter either lol! x

Hope you have a lovely holiday! Slimming world can most definitely wait until you return lol

Hello everyone!

I'm back!

Had the most amazing holiday, lots of relaxation and too much food and alcohol lol but that's what holidays are for!

Not weighing in officially until Wednesday but jumped on scales today and they say 11st 10lbs so that would be 10lbs gain, a bit more than I expected but totally worth it!

Back on plan straight away in the hope I can lose a couple of lb before Wednesday and then its strict all the way until I'm back down to 11st.

So first day back on plan:

Monday 26th August 2013

EXTRA EASY

HEXA: 350ml skimmed milk

Breakfast

1 Alpen light bar and a black coffee

Lunch

Waitrose potato and egg salad without the dressing, some mayo (1) and pineapple afterwards.

Dinner

Salad with prawns, tuna, chicken, crabsticks, potatoes and mayo (1)

Snacks

1 Alpen light (1/2 HEXB)
250ml glass Sorelle alcohol free wine (3)
1 Curly Wurly (6)

Daily Syns: 11

Last edited:
Good morning diary!

Feeling good after first day back on plan and ready for another...

Tuesday 27th August 2013

Extra Easy

HEXA: 65g light Mozzarella

Breakfast

Strawberries, grapes, blackberries, blueberries with an Alpro soya raspberry yogurt (2 Syns)

Lunch

Savoury Rice with added red onion, bunch of grapes afterwards

Dinner

Pizza! Using a Warburton sandwich thin (5 Syns) and topping with tomato purée, mozzarella (HEXA), red onion, peppers, chicken and bacon.
Served with a side salad

Snacks

2 Alpen light bars (HEXB)
2 finger Kit Kat (5.5)

Daily Syns: 12.5

Last edited:
Hello diary!

Well today is d-day, not sure what to expect when I step on the sales tonight, nothing too bad I hope!

Enjoyed the pizza's so much last night, I'm having it again tonight! And more than one as its WI and I have the Syns :)

So here's today's plan:

Wednesday 28th August 2013

GREEN

HEXA: 65g light mozzarella
HEXA: 65g light mozzarella

HEXB: 2 HiFi light Rocky Roads

Breakfast

Strawberries, grapes, blackberries and blueberries, black coffee and an Alpen light bar (1/2 HEXB)

Lunch

Grapes

Dinner

Pizza! Most likely 3 (just to use them up!) Warburton's sandwich thins (15 Syns), mozzarella, red onions and peppers

Snacks

1 Alpen light bar (1/2 HEXB)
2 HiFi light Rocky Roads (HEXB)

Daily Syns: 15

Last edited:
Back