Kirsty's road back to target in time for Kefalonia 2013!

A 5.5lbs holiday gain for me- really chuffed, expected more!

Been back on plan since Monday and no plans to go off plan for sometime :)

Good morning diary!

I'm a happy bunny today :) funny how I can be happy after a big gain but I really did expect a LOT more and the important thing is I'm still in target rage which I really didn't expect!

So far 3 days on plan and I've enjoyed it! Trying new things like the pizza has helped, really really enjoyed them and felt quite naughty last night eating so much pizza :D

Can't quite decided what I fancy today- off to Tesco soon to do a food shop so that will help!

So fresh new week, first day looks like this:

Thursday 29th August 2013

EXTRA EASY

HEXA: 2 Babybel
HEXB: WW wholemeal pitta

Breakfast

2 egg omelette with peppers and onions, black coffee

Lunch

WW wholemeal pitta (HEXB) stuffed with lettuce, cucumber, peppers and 2 Babybel (HEXA)

Dinner

3 Birds Eye Fish fingers (4.5) with broccoli, peas and new potatoes

Snacks

2x Cadbury Eclairs hazelnut twist (3)
1 Rich Tea finger (1)
2 splashes skimmed milk (1)
1 Tunnock's milk choc tea cake (5.5)

Daily Syns: 15

Weekly Syns: 15/105

Last edited:
Good morning diary!

Another good day on plan so that's 4 in a row now :)

Off to a meeting straight from work tonight so thankfully won't get much chance to snack as I'll have my dinner soon as I'm home.

Today's plan:

Friday 30th August 2013

EXTRA EASY

HEXA: 2 Babybel
HEXB: 2 Alpen light bars

Breakfast

2 egg omelette stuffed with loads of peppers

Lunch

A nice salad (lettuce, cucumber, tomato, carrot, sweetcorn, cabbage) with 2 Babybel (HEXA) and balsamic vinegar

Dinner

SW chilli (extra lean mince, kidney beans, chopped toms, onions, chilli powder) with Tilda Mexican bean chilli rice (2.5)

Snacks

2 Alpen light bars (HEXB)
1 Flump (1.5)

Daily Syns: 4

Weekly Syns: 19/105

Last edited:
Good morning diary :)

Another sunny morning here in Essex :)

Husband has taken Rosie (our Jack Russell) to work with him so its just me and Penny (our Golden Retriever) today so the plan is:
Off to Tesco shortly to get the wraps for dinner as I forgot them when I did the food shop! Then I'm taking Penny over the park with her tennis ball for some fun :)
After that, I'm considering making some lemon drizzle cakes that I've found the recipe for on the SW website, and a little bit of housework as well.
Then cook dinner and enjoy Saturday night :)

Tomorrow husband is going out on the boat with his diving chums (he drives the boat, they dive) for the day so it will just be me and the animals so a nice chill out day with a bit of housework and catching up on TV I think :)

Decided to have a Red day today (and maybe tomorrow) as I need two HEXA's lol! Having pizza for lunch and enchilada's for dinner :) means I also get two B choices as well- will have to see what HiFi bars I have in the cupboard :)

So here's today's plan:

Saturday 31st August 2013

RED

HEXA: 65g light mozzarella
HEXA: 40g reduced fat cheddar

HEXB: 1 WW wholemeal pitta
HEXB: Ryvita minis

Breakfast

Strawberries, grapes, blueberries and a black coffee

Lunch

'Pizza'- 1 WW wholemeal pitta (HEXB 1) with tomato purée, mozzarella (HEXA 1) , chicken, peppers, onions and a salad

Dinner

Enchiladas- 1 Discovery wholemeal Tortilla wrap (5.5) with extra lean mince, peppers, onions, chopped toms, cumin, oregano and chilli's sprinkled with cheese (HEXA 2) and baked in the oven. Served with salad

Snacks

Ryvita minis (HEXB 2)
2 Cadbury Eclairs hazelnut twist (3)

Daily Syns: 8.5

Weekly Syns: 27.5/105

Last edited:
Good morning diary!

Really enjoying my lazy weekend and being back on plan :)

Off out soon (Tesco again- I can't seem to keep away lol), then a little bit of housework and chilling for rest of the day with the babies :)
Also planning to make some cakes :)
MIL made some lemon drizzle fairy cakes from the SW website and hubby said they were amazing so I've found the recipe and shall be making them today :)

Had a lovely day yesterday with my girl Penny. A nice walk, lots of cuddles and then Rosie and hubby came home and said Rosie had been getting so much fuss yesterday whilst working :)
As a result, both girls are very sleepy today. If they do get lively, I have tennis balls (big fave for both) and a back garden lol.

Enjoyed my Red day yesterday so having another today:

Sunday 1st September 2013

RED

HEXA: 65g light mozzarella

HEXB: WW wholemeal pitta
HEXB: 2 HiFi light choc caramel

Breakfast

Bacon, LM red onion sausages, scrambled eggs, onions, peppers and baby toms. Washed down with 2 black coffees

Lunch

Pizza- WW wholemeal pitta (HEXB 1) with tomato purée, mozzarella (HEXA), chicken, red onions and peppers. Served with a salad

Dinner

Steak and shallot pie (4) served with broccoli, carrots, sprouts and green beans

Snacks

2 HiFi light choc caramel (HEXB 2)
250ml Sorelle (3)
45g Cadbury caramel bar (11)

Daily Syns: 18

Weekly Syns: 45.5/105

Last edited:
Good morning diary!

A nice chilled weekend and I'm raring to go for this week. 7 days on plan so far which I'm very proud of :)

Enjoyed my Red days at the weekend but back to Extra Easy today and most likely a Green day tomorrow.

Monday 2nd September 2013

EXTRA EASY

HEXA: 200ml Koko coconut milk with chocolate
HEXB: 2 Alpen light

Breakfast

Chocolate rice pudding using my HEXA and pudding rice. Grapes for my SF

Lunch

Leftover steak and shallot pie (4) with broccoli

Dinner

Snacks

2 Alpen light (HEXB)
250ml Sorelle (3)
Velvet crunch (4)
Cadbury whole nut (13.5)

Daily Syns: 24.5

Weekly Syns: 70/105

Last edited:
Good morning diary!

8 days on plan so far, can't wait for the scales tomorrow eek!!

Here's today's plan:

Tuesday 3rd September 2013

GREEN

HEXA: 200ml Koko coconut milk with chocolate

HEXB: 2 HiFi light choc caramel
HEXB: 1 HiFi choc orange

Breakfast

Chocolate rice pudding using my HEXA :) grapes afterwards

Lunch

Salad with balsamic vinegar

Dinner

Veggie stew (carrots, leeks, shallots, swede, etc) served with roast spuds

Snacks

2 HiFi light choc caramel (HEXB 1)
1 HiFi choc orange (HEXB 2)
250ml Sorelle (3)

Daily Syns: 3

Weekly Syns: 73/105

Last edited:
Good morning diary!

WI tonight eek! Feeling confident although * week is looming and I feel like crap! Bloated, sick etc.
However I'm not going to let it send me off the rails like it has in the past- I'm going to use my Syns on chocolate to keep me satisfied. I technically have 32 left for the week, not that I'm going to eat for the sake of it, but if I need chocolate...

Will report back later with my results :)

Here's today's plan:

Wednesday 4th September 2013

EXTRA EASY

HEXA: 40g reduced fat cheddar
HEXB: 2 HiFi light Rocky Roads

Breakfast

2 egg omelette with red onion and cheese (HEXA)

Lunch

Apple

Dinner

SW Chicken madras with Tilda veg biryani rice (3.5), 2 red pepper pakoras (6) and 25g poppadums (6)

Snacks

2 HiFi light Rocky Roads (HEXB)
1 Crunchie (9.5)

Daily Syns: 25

Weekly Syns: 98/105

Last edited:
I lost 3lbs this week, taking me half under target :D

Really pleased with that, 10 days on plan, hopefully it'll continue.

Really gonna try and get the 2.5lbs off to get me back to bottom of my range, this week could be difficult as Mother Nature is on the way, but I will try my hardest not to let her disrupt my good run :D

i'm always here lurking about having a nose at your food each day but just wanted to say well done on the loss ;) x

i'm always here lurking about having a nose at your food each day but just wanted to say well done on the loss ;) x
Thanks I'm really pleased :D x

Hi Kirsty - found you again lol. Well done on the loss this week love. Hows your IBS? Its really weird how this plan affects people. I've had IBS since I was 3yrs old ( well its what the docs call it when they cant pinpoint the exact cause of things) the childrens hospital called it a lax bowel. I suffered horrendously with it, never constipated always the other way. Ive had many an "accident" as when that pain comes and the sweats start boy theres no stopping them. Ive had to call OH from work and say I need to go home NOWWWWWWW he knows I wont use the loos at work if I can help it. ( I drive so I pick him up from his work) Ive literally driven home like a bat out of hell ( surprised I didnt get a speeding ticket ) and then had to go all the way back and pick him up.

Since starting SW (touch wood) I have not had 1 episode of this so it just makes me wonder, how it affects people the other way by bringing on the symptoms that the plan has cleared up for me. I can honestly say my tummy has never felt better. I hope that in time your symptoms fade hun.

Hi Kirsty - found you again lol. Well done on the loss this week love. Hows your IBS? Its really weird how this plan affects people. I've had IBS since I was 3yrs old ( well its what the docs call it when they cant pinpoint the exact cause of things) the childrens hospital called it a lax bowel. I suffered horrendously with it, never constipated always the other way. Ive had many an "accident" as when that pain comes and the sweats start boy theres no stopping them. Ive had to call OH from work and say I need to go home NOWWWWWWW he knows I wont use the loos at work if I can help it. ( I drive so I pick him up from his work) Ive literally driven home like a bat out of hell ( surprised I didnt get a speeding ticket ) and then had to go all the way back and pick him up.

Since starting SW (touch wood) I have not had 1 episode of this so it just makes me wonder, how it affects people the other way by bringing on the symptoms that the plan has cleared up for me. I can honestly say my tummy has never felt better. I hope that in time your symptoms fade hun.
Hi Texty :)

My IBS is ok at the moment- it seems to be triggered by dairy products in large quantities and the biggest culprit is ice cream :(
I've had to start eating sorbet instead or dairy free ice cream (literally found one brand in Tesco) which is a good substitute but not the same as my Carte D'or that I love :(
I had to have a blood test before my hol to find out if it was anything else, it came back negative so doc has officially diagnosed me with IBS.
Lol so in the last year I've been diagnosed with Depression, Anxiety and IBS- a bit of a mess haha!
But doc did say that IBS is very much linked with depression and stress, about 60% of IBS sufferers have usually already been diagnosed with depression!!
I now take Mevebrine tablets to help- it means I can eat spicy food which used to trigger it but now goes unnoticed.
I get constipated with lots of pain and the worst experience I had was I threw up seconds after eating a banana! It's happened twice now so I'm avoiding them as well!!
I saw on your diary that you're struggling a little bit with the last few pounds- it took me months to lose the last 9lbs to target! I think I just stopped putting pressure on myself to be on plan for the whole week and take it day by day and it worked!
I actually got as far as being 1lb away about 5 times but would then gain 2 and it was like a yo-yo! I even got to the point, like you last night, where I was ready to quit but I stuck with it and here I am, target member :)
It'll happen, you'll be there by Xmas :)

Grr Mother Nature is a B.I.T.C.H!! She hasn't arrived yet but is on the train lol.
Anyway she's led me to buy white bread, crisps and a massive bar of whole nut :(

Already had the white bread and half the whole nut.... I have a serious addiction to whole nut and I need help!!

The chilli I make is the one on the SW website although I've adapted it a bit:

Quorn mince or extra lean mince, a tin of kidney beans in chilli sauce, onions, chilli powder, oregano, chopped toms and a Knorr rich beef stock pot.

Fry the onion, add mince until its browned, add the chilli powder, oregano and chopped toms. Then pour in the Knorr stock pot (made up as directed), then add the kidney beans and simmer for 20 mins or so.

I like mine hot so I always chuck in loads if chilli flakes too!

A 500g pkt of extra lean mince makes 4 portions.

Give it a go! X

hey kirsty....
just to let you know i finally got round to making this and wanted to say it was MUCH better than the other one i'd made lol.
OH approved ;)
thanks!x

Hi Texty :)

My IBS is ok at the moment- it seems to be triggered by dairy products in large quantities and the biggest culprit is ice cream :(
I've had to start eating sorbet instead or dairy free ice cream (literally found one brand in Tesco) which is a good substitute but not the same as my Carte D'or that I love :(
I had to have a blood test before my hol to find out if it was anything else, it came back negative so doc has officially diagnosed me with IBS.
Lol so in the last year I've been diagnosed with Depression, Anxiety and IBS- a bit of a mess haha!
But doc did say that IBS is very much linked with depression and stress, about 60% of IBS sufferers have usually already been diagnosed with depression!!
I now take Mevebrine tablets to help- it means I can eat spicy food which used to trigger it but now goes unnoticed.
I get constipated with lots of pain and the worst experience I had was I threw up seconds after eating a banana! It's happened twice now so I'm avoiding them as well!!
I saw on your diary that you're struggling a little bit with the last few pounds- it took me months to lose the last 9lbs to target! I think I just stopped putting pressure on myself to be on plan for the whole week and take it day by day and it worked!
I actually got as far as being 1lb away about 5 times but would then gain 2 and it was like a yo-yo! I even got to the point, like you last night, where I was ready to quit but I stuck with it and here I am, target member :)
It'll happen, you'll be there by Xmas :)

Dairy never used to bother me, it was chicken, mayo, fried onions, red cabbage, salted nuts, fresh oranges and lots of other things. No 1 particular trigger. I feel for you its awful when it flares up. The colpermin, mebeverine, buscopan never worked for me. I used to take immodiums like they were going out of fashion. I had to get them on prescription of 100 at a time, then the doc stopped them as with any drug they all have side effects. Now I just keep a box in my bag and a box at work .......... just in case x

hey kirsty....
just to let you know i finally got round to making this and wanted to say it was MUCH better than the other one i'd made lol.
OH approved ;)
thanks!x
Glad you liked it, it's was of our fave meals :)

Subscribing to your thread love your choice of food :)
Hello!
Welcome to my diary! Thanks, I like to experiment and try different food and change it so I don't get bored :)

Hello diary!

I've been completely off plan since last Wednesday, had a lot going on and then I came down with a horrible cold that I still have now.
Massive nosebleed last night too, which left me shaken so it was Cadbury whole nut to the rescue!

Anyway I've been hopping on the scales most days and I'm looking at a maintain or a small gain this week. Think that's down to not eating a lot, even if it has been all the wrong stuff.

Going to attempt an on plan day tomorrow but we'll see x

Back