Kitty Kicks Butt 32lbs gone forever.

Yup. 6.6 miles of it, average pace 4mph "very brisk pace" as measured by my endomondo. Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I don't mean to sound like a know it all or to put a downer on the amazing amount you do (and that's some pretty speedy walking!) but I really think the endomondo is overestimating the calories burnt. I'm not sure what an endomondo is so I'm gonna google it! If you google calories burnt walking 4mph and put your weight in I wonder do other sites agree with these figures? Either way it's a fantastic amount - feel free to correct me if I'm talking none sense!! X

Do you use a heart rate monitor? (You can use one with endomondo, can't you?) Coz they're normally fairly accurate.

Sadly takes me about 9 miles of running to burn that :( :( :(

my app says I burnt 1096 yesterday running 12:09min miles for 11.7 miles. I know it varies because of weight and other factors though...

You are a walking machine.. You're doing amazing xx

Thank you ladies. Endomondo looks fairly accurate to me and takes into account hills, steps etc and everywhere I go is a hill living here! This is also calories burned when I am actually out walking. I don't track calories when I am about the house/shopping/hoovering etc so it all works out in the end. FYI if you google it you'll find walking 6 miles at 4mph comes out about 800-900 depending who you talk to, this doesn't take hills etc in to account. Hope that clears things up for you.
I overtake most of the runners around here it seems to be. My brother says they have "all the gear and no idea"

In any case I have lost 2 pounds this week so well pleased with that :)

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Thank you ladies. Endomondo looks fairly accurate to me and takes into account hills, steps etc and everywhere I go is a hill living here! This is also calories burned when I am actually out walking. I don't track calories when I am about the house/shopping/hoovering etc so it all works out in the end. FYI if you google it you'll find walking 6 miles at 4mph comes out about 800-900 depending who you talk to, this doesn't take hills etc in to account. Hope that clears things up for you. I overtake most of the runners around here it seems to be. My brother says they have "all the gear and no idea" In any case I have lost 2 pounds this week so well pleased with that :) Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Oh I see :)

Great loss Hun, well done.. Your body must be getting super toned !! x

Great loss Hun, well done.. Your body must be getting super toned !! x
My bum certainly is! Which is why I suppose I'm in a 14 bottom half and still in an 18 top half!

UD today, all good, 3 miles done so far, plan to eat whatever I want today which will include pizza :) Tomorrow is a DD but I'm having a bit of a do here for my Mum's birthday, all a bit last minute really. Think I might stay with a DD anyway. There are only 3 of my siblings in the country currently so it will be quieter than usual and I think I can get away with a DD ok. Not going to lose any sleep if it turns in to an UD though.

I found a roll of negatives in Mum's house recently and got them developed, going to give them to her as a surprise for her birthday. I'm so pleased with how they turned out. Photos of her Mum, who died nearly 40 years ago and my Dad who died last year. They must have been taken in the mid 60s I reckon. There is a baby who must be my oldest brother and he'll be 50 next year! Hopefully she'll love them.

Awe what a lovely thing to surprise her with... Have you tried marching when you walk? I found that has toned up my top half x

Woohoo well done on your 2lb loss & the way I look at it is that like me you don't eat your exercise cals so it doesn't matter it's all burn not matter how many xx

Well done on a great loss Kitty...and all that walking! Just a little snippet taken from a leading running site "Walking is a different kind of animal. Increases in walking speed dramatically raise calorie burn per mile as well as per minute. Indeed walking hits a point where it burns about the same calories/mile as running. Walk faster than 12:30 and you will burn more calories/mile than running at 10:00 pace" :D I have been using the same app as you and know it takes into account incline which greatly increases calorie burn as well as using weight, speed, time and distance travelled. You earned every single one of those calories burned xx

Oooohh interesting reading Ali, thank you.
DD today and despite having a party here today I'm fairly confident I can still call it a DD despite not having a clue what I ate. I was picking at bits and pieces, handful of crisps, couple of thin slices of baguette with butter but that was about it so think I'm fairly safe. No birthday cake and didn't even find that difficult. I did eat a little chocolate star off the top of it. I also managed to fit in 4.25 miles of walking so that's good too.
I forgot to say I measured myself the other day, last time was about 6 weeks ago and I have lost all over but most impressively 4cms from my bum, all that walking is paying off.

Probably went over yesterday after all, a small tiffin binge before bed so now in damage limitation. 3 miles walked this morning, I'll do more later. I have also decided I need to start toning a bit, especially arms and belly so did some of that when I came home from my walk. I'm planning on a very controlled UD today with another long walk tonight and hopefully damage will not be too severe.

Back