know its been done to death but quick question about water?

NikkiH

Likes to eat
Starting tomorrow - little confused :confused:

Have read on here that "the more you drink, the more you loose" - which makes sense to me.

However, just got my packs and says on explanation sheet "in addition to the water used to mix your diet, you must drink at least 4 pints (about 2 litres) of water each day, but no more than 8 pints (about 4 litres)"

I easily drink that much water anyway... so am suprised I cant have more than 4 litres.. any experiences?

Thank you

Hi Nikki,

I also saw the quote of the more you drink the more you shrink and my friend did LT and would be freaking out if she didn't get 4l a day. However the LT lady told me I should only ever drink 3l, no more, and drink it throughout the day,not all at once. She said that at 5 foot 2 I didn't need anymore. Also my pharmacist told me that drinking too much water is bad for you because if you go overboard you can drown the electrolytes in your brain...now I'm sure its person specific depending on height/weight etc but I certainly wouldn't drink over 3l a day and it certainly hasn't affected my losses. Hope this helps xx

It really does help - thanks a million for that!!!

Yep, have between 3-4 ltrs a day. 60% of the water we need comes from our food so on tfr we need to have plenty of water. Apparently 80% of the time we feel hungry, it is in fact water that our bodies are looking for. The water habit is a good one to acquire. Sip it throughout the day and not just in big drinks. I keep bottles with me at all times and I am so used to it now that I just can't do without my 3 litres a day.

I drink 3-4l a day - it keeps me fuller and helps me with the headaches that creep in now and then. I really notice the days when I've been down on water intake. Again I think this is a personal thing - I am much bigger than you so maybe I need more anyway?! x

Back