Kudos to all of you.

soozsb

Xmas goal, here I come!
The thing I like about minimins is that everyone either is or has been in the same position as me. We can all empathize and support each other. We understand how it feels when we gainied weight even though we were good.:sigh: We give kudos to each other when we've lost and support when we haven't. And it's not just about the weight loss either, but advice is freely given about other subjects and always appreciated.:)

So I want to take this opportunity to say than you to everyone who has helped and to all the helpful and interesting posts that I have read that have kept me on track, helped me make hard decisions and supported me even when I gained weight, espcially at those times.:gen126::flowers::thankyou::grouphugg::clap::happy036::bliss::talk017:

That was such a lovely and honest post. :character00238: I have to say everything you have said I agree with. This board helped me get to my goal and has been such a support for me. Especially for all those atkins and low carb haters :p look at me now :D

You'll get to your goal sooz just hang in there. Ive been where you have. Had a few slips up and etc.. This was my 2nd time and last time losing weight. This time around I have the right mind frame and knew I had to change my lifestyle. I now eat to love not live to eat.. I had to learn to think like a thin person..
I'm at almost 3 month of maintaining my goal weight and actually have lost 2 more pounds since goal.. :D

I agree with everything said. Support is vital not just when we lose weight but when we are stalled or regaining. Relapse as they say is part of recovery! Only a very fortunate few will get on the weight loss path and reach goal without some hiccups along the way.

And it is most certainly a lifestyle change situation. Not a 'diet' as in, a temporary thing you go on and then go off. That way lies failure! We've had enough of 'failing'.

I'm posting again after an absence from minimins and I must say that already I am benefitting from being back. The wonderful, helpful posts, the advice, the recipes and the sheer boost to morale all contribute to making me feel I really can lose the last pounds and keep them off.

Good luck to all, yet again. It's so good to be back x

I am just poking my nose in from the Lighter Life forum :) hope no one minds.

I just wanted to agree with everything you said. Regardless of what method we use to get to achieve our goals we do all come from the same place.

Minimins is an amazing website for advice, guidance, information, support and answers. It is somewhere we can come to whinge & moan, scream & shout, cry & laugh.

We all have alot to thank Minimins for but we should all be proud of ourselves as it is "US" that is Minimins :)

Good luck to all of you with your weight loss journey.

Kat xx

Hey Kat!

Thank you for posting. I don't think the weight loss method matters - rather it is the shared objective and the determination to keep going through thick and thin (often literally).

Encouragement and real understanding never go amiss.

Good luck to you, too!

That is so true. Encouragement can really help us move forward! Determination is key!

Kat xx

Hey Kat!

Thank you for posting. I don't think the weight loss method matters - rather it is the shared objective and the determination to keep going through thick and thin (often literally).

Encouragement and real understanding never go amiss.

Good luck to you, too!

It's a lovely friendly board isn't it. :)

Now that's good to hear Lo. Good for you.

I've gotta agree with all that's been said. Although I still have some way to go to reach my goal and have yo-yoed my way up and down the scales for more years than I care to remember :sigh: I do love coming on minimins for the support and basic good vibes I get.

I've managed to maintain my current weight by low carbing for several weeks now - the plan being to try and continue maintaining until after xmas and new year, then go back to a vlcd to get to goal.

But I still come on here in the interim, just to catch up and hear the good and no-so-good news - but nonetheless inspiring.

I think forums like these are here to support a person not make them feel bad if they messed up or something. Here is actually what you get. we all ahve made mistakes and will admit them quick..

lg glad to hear that this forum helps with you not binging that's such a wonderful thing to hear. I really owe this forum for helping me reach my goal.

Back