Labels we give ourselves

Scotsmist

Life is not a Rehersal!
Yet another snippet of inspiration from Mike Scott's newsletter. All to do with labels we give ourselves, but I think it is also about positivity!!

This week's newsletter is something a bit different, it is about labels! Labels that we give ourselves and labels that others give us. The good thing about labels is that you can choose whether to accept them or reject them! The reason for the article is that I met a lady on Sunday who said to me 'I'm fat'.

I replied 'Is that all you are?"

And then she replied 'Well actually I am ......" and said her name,

I replied 'Is that all you are?'

And then she replied 'I am a nurse'

I replied 'Is that all you are?"

And then she replied 'I am also a mum and wife'

Anyway, this went on for a while and we were smiling and laughing and eventually she answered that she was a really good artist!

Now that is a label to be proud of and work with!

So what labels do you give yourself? Or choose to accept from others? Do you label yourself bad at dieting? Useless at weight management? Do you label yourself a yo-yoer?

Why not start labelling yourself with the good stuff instead!

Great topic hun,
I personally think that my label would be "determained". This is because I stopped smoking last month and then started this diet. I found both very easy to do and I am determained to never smoke again and reach my target weight.

fair play to u jesi sounds like u have great will power i couldnt do both together! :(

very good Iris, i'll hav to think about what label i would call myself now!

I`m notoriously known for calling myself a big fat cow :( Cos that is how I feel :(

I think I will follow Jesi`s lead and now call myself determined as that is what I am with this diet!!

Even through everyone telling me how I am starving myself with it bla bla bla and living in a busy house of 6 who obviously still have to eat food lol I have never once even thought about cheating.

I WILL lose this weight and I WILL be a success with this diet!!

LiSe Xxxxxxx

Great attitute, sacred.....no doubts you will get there!!!

i`m notoriously known for calling myself a big fat cow :( cos that is how i feel :(

i think i will follow jesi`s lead and now call myself determined as that is what i am with this diet!!

even through everyone telling me how i am starving myself with it bla bla bla and living in a busy house of 6 who obviously still have to eat food lol i have never once even thought about cheating.

i will lose this weight and i will be a success with this diet!!

lise xxxxxxx

Back