Lack of sleep - foxes

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by KD, 19 August 2007 Social URL.

Post New ThreadFind New
  1. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Well, managed to get one hour of sleep last night.

Constant racket from the local foxes :( And I'm partially deaf...yet they still woke me up.

What a din!:(

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. EllieG

EllieG Silver Member

Diet:
    Low Carb
    :boohoo:

It's a nightmare when you can't sleep for noise, isn't it ? Although not been kept awake by foxes ......

I'm on a main road and with original sash windows, every drunk student wandering home at 3/4am singing/crying/shouting/laughing is crystal clear :mad:

Weekends I now use earplugs - next stage to get the windows repaired and draught/noise proofed as much as possible !!

Hope you get a good night's sleep tonight :nightf:

4. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3.5lb(1.39%)
    Diet:
    SW
    The first time I heard a fox at night it scared me:cry:

They do have a loud shrill to their cry.

Where I lived before a fox would come regularly into the garden both day and night.

I think he could of been after the friendly wild pheasant we called Bob that came in for Alpine that I left out.

5. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    There are foxes in one of the parks in town, which comes under the area I cover at work. I cant tell you how often people have reported hearing someone in distress screaming, when in actual fact its been the blooming foxes. I havent heard them but I have heard they often sound very human. Course we have to do a full scale search of the park - in the dark - just incase

6. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    It sounds like a mix of a scream and one of those football rattles. Remember those?
    [​IMG]

We first realised we had foxes in the garden when our golden retriever started bringing eggs into the house. Whole eggs, without a crack, held carefully in her mouth.

We had no idea where they were coming from until someone else phoned a radio show to report that he was digging up eggs in his garden:eek:

Seems that they bury them, then forget where.

No idea where the foxes find them. Guess they are raiding peoples fridges :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.