Lady A's Banquet

Annya said:
Wooo-hoooo!!! Well done Aisha :D

Sadly, I am looking for a gain this week - I put on 3lbs over the weekend (my birthday - lethal!), but am hoping to have shifted a pound or so by weigh in tomorrow morning.

Why is it that it comes off soooooo slowly and goes on sooooo quickly? :(

Still, I'm back on track and doing my best not to be naughty!

Thank you Annya :) our bodies are funny I gained 4lbs four weeks ago and I'd stuck to plan 100% I've actually relaxed a bit over the last few weeks and added exercise so I think it's helped a bit. Stick with it my darling and we shall get there in the end. Xx

Shrimpy said:
Mmmmm your Dahl sounds delicious! I have copied it into a doc on my desktop called Lady A's Amazing Recipes! LOL. :)

Oh and 2lb?!?!?!?!? Well done, love! You deserve it! :D

Lol! Shrimpy my curry recipes don't give me heartburn like the slimming world ones I really hope you enjoy them too Hun.

Thank you for the compliments I hope my losses continue as I really do want to be at target by Jan but then again I'll still be eating this way so it doesn't really matter does it? I think I need to up the exercise when I'm better so I'm more toned as that will help my clothes fit better. Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks so much for the recipes Aisha, and CONGRATULATIONS on your fab loss!! Who says you can't have dessert every night and still lose weight?!! :D

P.S. I took a piccy of your delicious rice in my food diary if you want to take a peek!

Last edited:
You are a stunner and will be ever more gorgeous come Jan. Well done on all the fab losses and thank you for all the great recipes!

Psssssssssssst- any yummy things to do with fish?

Honeyoc said:
Thanks so much for the recipes Aisha, and CONGRATULATIONS on your fab loss!! Who says you can't have dessert every night and still lose weight?!! :D

P.S. I took a piccy of your delicious rice in my food diary if you want to take a peek!

Thank you Honey! I know it sounds corny but it's the magic of SW. I shake my head at the silly faddy diets that I've punished myself with in the past - it's the cabbage soup diet that's put me off of wanting to try speed soup....oh all that trumping has put me off of soup for life lol!

I'll pop into your diary in a bit to admire your cumin rice :)

Shrimpy said:
You are a stunner and will be ever more gorgeous come Jan. Well done on all the fab losses and thank you for all the great recipes!

Psssssssssssst- any yummy things to do with fish?

Thank you Shrimpy o Goddess of SW maintenance. It's the lovely, inspiring, warm and caring people on here like you that keep me going. I probably would weigh more than my start weight if I had not discovered minimins and the lovely people on here :hug99:

I find cooking with fish very difficult because it tends to become dry or I over spice it. I have discovered Ras El Hanout which is a Moroccan rub for lamb, fish or chicken. It's a powder in a jar which tells you to mix it with olive oil but I mixed it with the juice of a lemon instead to keep it syn free. I rubbed it onto Pangasius fish and put it onto a tray lined with foil and frylighted, which I covered with more foil and baked in the oven at 200c for 25 mins or until cooked. I'm gonna stop typing as I am confusing myself now lol! See you in your diary :) Xx

Thank you Shrimpy o Goddess of SW maintenance. It's the lovely, inspiring, warm and caring people on here like you that keep me going. I probably would weigh more than my start weight if I had not discovered minimins and the lovely people on here :hug99:

I find cooking with fish very difficult because it tends to become dry or I over spice it. I have discovered Ras El Hanout which is a Moroccan rub for lamb, fish or chicken. It's a powder in a jar which tells you to mix it with olive oil but I mixed it with the juice of a lemon instead to keep it syn free. I rubbed it onto Pangasius fish and put it onto a tray lined with foil and frylighted, which I covered with more foil and baked in the oven at 200c for 25 mins or until cooked. I'm gonna stop typing as I am confusing myself now lol! See you in your diary :) Xx

Oh, Ras El Hanout....mmmmmmmmm - DIVINE :D

:hug99: I am far from a godess (maintenance or otherwise), but I luv you too! :) I agree, Minimins has been my saviour, it's full of lovely people (like you) who jolly me along, cheer me up and suggest lots of yummy recipes!

I have Ras al Hanout in the cupboard, so I shall probably try that- do you think I could parcel it up instead of doing it in a tray? I'm too lazy to line a HUGE tray for two teeny bits of fishie! :) Thank you for the ideas!!

Annya said:
Oh, Ras El Hanout....mmmmmmmmm - DIVINE :D

Mmmmmmm! :eat:

Shrimpy said:
:hug99: I am far from a godess (maintenance or otherwise), but I luv you too! :) I agree, Minimins has been my saviour, it's full of lovely people (like you) who jolly me along, cheer me up and suggest lots of yummy recipes!

I have Ras al Hanout in the cupboard, so I shall probably try that- do you think I could parcel it up instead of doing it in a tray? I'm too lazy to line a HUGE tray for two teeny bits of fishie! :) Thank you for the ideas!!

Give it a go Hun I'm sure it will be fine.

Ps you are a goddess Shrimpy you are fab! Xx

Friday 19th August 2011 - EE

Breakfast - wm toast (HexB) topped with sweetened quark, sliced banana & cinnamon.

Snack - Tea

Lunch - Jacket potato topped with prawn curry an a salad

Snack - Activia FF vanilla yogurt and a banana

Dinner - Lamb & spinach curry served with cumin rice and salad.

Dessert - Cadbury's mini fingers toffee crunch (6 syns) straight after dinner and now I'm having 3 chocolate chip jumbo snack a jacks (9 syns) with my latte

Syns - 15

Last edited:
I had MAJOR munchies which kicked in straight after lunch time today :17729: Even though I'm not having a * week this month I still have everything that usually comes with it which for me is pelvic pain, heavy and achey legs, migraines (for the last 5 days) and a bloated belly. I really hope I don't have a gain from the bloat on Thursday as I gained 4lbs due to * week bloat last month even though I was 100% on SW and it took me 4 weeks to lose it which wasn't fun. Just have to stick with it if it happens but I just rather it didn't to be honest.

Oh no! Aisha that sounds rotten!!

:hug99:

Well done for staying within syns!

Hey shrimpy,

With the panga fish that aisha was talking about, I normally get some tandoori masaalah, mix it with some lemon juice and rub it on the fish and pan fry it.. Takes 2-3 minutes to cook on each side and is amazing x

Aisha I'm in painnnnnnnnnnnnn. Wish we lived closer and could be miserable together lol

Roziee said:
Hey shrimpy,

With the panga fish that aisha was talking about, I normally get some tandoori masaalah, mix it with some lemon juice and rub it on the fish and pan fry it.. Takes 2-3 minutes to cook on each side and is amazing x

Aisha I'm in painnnnnnnnnnnnn. Wish we lived closer and could be miserable together lol

Typed a long ass reply 5 mins ago but I think I reported and not quoted but the moderators are used to my fat fingers hitting the wrong button lol!

I went to bed at 11pm and have been up since 2am not in pain just uncomfortable. I wanna :cry: but it's Nani day and I heard she got a sugar rush from the jalebi's I made the other day which made me :giggle: Me Nani is the cutest Nani ever think she's shrunk to under 4ft now she soooooooo dinky lol! I get to see my little niece and nephew too who I couldn't see last week because he had tonsillitis :(

Gonna try the Pangasius marinade you suggested. Just love the way Pangasius melts in your mouth when you eat it :eat:

Nani-Day 20th August 2011 - EE

Breakfast - An apple, 3 pagen crisp rolls (HexB) with quark n jam (1.5 syns) & a tea.

Lunch - Jacket potato, beans & salad

Dinner - Lamb and spinach curry with cumin rice & salad

Dessert - TBC

Syns - TBC

Last edited:
Hey shrimpy,

That sounds really nice!!! Mmmm I shall be getting some of that fish for after Frightfest! :) :)

Roziee, you best be resting up too! Can't have you dropping too1

Typed a long ass reply 5 mins ago but I think I reported and not quoted but the moderators are used to my fat fingers hitting the wrong button lol!

I went to bed at 11pm and have been up since 2am not in pain just uncomfortable. I wanna :cry: but it's Nani day and I heard she got a sugar rush from the jalebi's I made the other day which made me :giggle: Me Nani is the cutest Nani ever think she's shrunk to under 4ft now she soooooooo dinky lol! I get to see my little niece and nephew too who I couldn't see last week because he had tonsillitis :(

Gonna try the Pangasius marinade you suggested. Just love the way Pangasius melts in your mouth when you eat it :eat:

Gah! You are not doing so well Aisha, make sure you plonk your bum done in Nani's and let someone else take care of you, just a little bit.

My nana has shrunk too, I'm worried about when I reach that age, I'll probably shink to under 4ft, LOL.

Have a nice day and take care of yourself! :hug99:

I want some jalebi now aisha lol.. Garam garam (hot hot) and crunchy jalebi freshly made, oh yum. Best thing on the planet!

Panga fish is deliciously melt in your mouth fish.. It's not strong, very mild so you have to spice it up.. But cooks so quickly..

I've been a bad bad girl peeps ignore my dinner from yesterday as I had KFC and I had lamb samosas for my dinner tonight. Think my body just needed an off plan weekend and now I'm ready to start afresh from tomorrow morning. Hope everyone had a fab weekend!

Over n out! Xx

Never mind, sometimes we need off plan times. :)

Back on from tomorrow, hope you enjoyed the naughties! :D

I've been a bad bad girl peeps ignore my dinner from yesterday as I had KFC and I had lamb samosas for my dinner tonight. Think my body just needed an off plan weekend and now I'm ready to start afresh from tomorrow morning. Hope everyone had a fab weekend!

Over n out! Xx

I had a really naughty weekend too. A portion of chips (albeit small) both Friday and Saturday as I was away showing my bike at Carmarthen and there was not a ruddy healthy thing in sight (bikers tend not to do healthy eating ;)).

I am hoping I haven't done too much damage as I have limited by syns this week because of my gain last weekend :eek:

Still, as compensation, my bike won a prize so it's not all bad.

Back on plan 110% tomorrow and praying for a small loss on Friday :eek:

Back