Puddings Lady A's Nutella Cupcakes

are these mini muffin cases or normal size ones please?

I just put them in regular buncases

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm soooooooooo glad these are such a hit as I was worried about posting a recipe on here in case I'd got things wrong. I think I may start posting other recipies as I'm feeling brave now lol! xx

Lady A said:
I'm soooooooooo glad these are such a hit as I was worried about posting a recipe on here in case I'd got things wrong. I think I may start posting other recipies as I'm feeling brave now lol! xx

Oh PURLEEEEESE DO!!!!! I have BIGGED UP your cupcakes on loads of boards on here lol and on Facebook! AND I took some into work and everyone loved em!!!! I just grab one every time I pass the box!! Lol I got about 20 out of the mixture cos they were muffin cases. So I'm guessing theyre almost 2 cakes per syn if the whole mixture is 12. Bloody NORA! they are DELISH! Lady A..... I think you may have just saved my diet.... AND my SANITY!!! :)
I Am FOREVER in your debt!! Lol

.... What ravishing goodies you got next for me? :)

Oh PURLEEEEESE DO!!!!! I have BIGGED UP your cupcakes on loads of boards on here lol and on Facebook! AND I took some into work and everyone loved em!!!! I just grab one every time I pass the box!! Lol I got about 20 out of the mixture cos they were muffin cases. So I'm guessing theyre almost 2 cakes per syn if the whole mixture is 12. Bloody NORA! they are DELISH! Lady A..... I think you may have just saved my diet.... AND my SANITY!!! :)
I Am FOREVER in your debt!! Lol

.... What ravishing goodies you got next for me? :)

LMAO LOL!!! You are just tooooooooooooo yummy Anniewillo! This post really made me smile hun. I imagined your avatar saying it to me in a scouse accent lol! I've got a variation of this which you could try I basically just made the sponge cake recipe and added a few drops of lemon extract to it as well as the vanilla. I lined a cake tin with grease proof paper and baked it in the oven for 11 minutes or until it's done. Let it cool and 1/6 of a portion is only 1.5 syns as I did not fill it or ice it. It tasted like madiera cake to me and it's also lovely with a scoop of wall's soft scoop light (3syns per scoop) & chopped fruit.

You could try making a flan base out of the sponge too then filling it with low fat custard and topping it with fruit. Just make sure you work the syns out per portion.

Just to check the sponge cake when made by itself is 10 syns and when you add the nutella topping it's 4 syns per tbsp for that so make sure you take that into account as I wouldn't want you going over your syns. Hope you have a fab easter xx

It's a lovely sunny morning so I got up early and made some of these. They've turned out perfectly and didn't take long to make. I'm taking them to work to have with a cuppa later so will report back when I've tasted them. :D

Lady A said:
LMAO LOL!!! You are just tooooooooooooo yummy Anniewillo! This post really made me smile hun. I imagined your avatar saying it to me in a scouse accent lol! I've got a variation of this which you could try I basically just made the sponge cake recipe and added a few drops of lemon extract to it as well as the vanilla. I lined a cake tin with grease proof paper and baked it in the oven for 11 minutes or until it's done. Let it cool and 1/6 of a portion is only 1.5 syns as I did not fill it or ice it. It tasted like madiera cake to me and it's also lovely with a scoop of wall's soft scoop light (3syns per scoop) & chopped fruit.

You could try making a flan base out of the sponge too then filling it with low fat custard and topping it with fruit. Just make sure you work the syns out per portion.

Just to check the sponge cake when made by itself is 10 syns and when you add the nutella topping it's 4 syns per tbsp for that so make sure you take that into account as I wouldn't want you going over your syns. Hope you have a fab easter xx

OMG!! YOU must be my SISTER from another MOTHER!! lol. My next cunning plan was to try a lemon one cos I ADOOORRRRRE LEMON cakes!!!!
Don't worry about the nutella. It's takin me a fair amount of time to plough through them ;-) so Even if I have underpointed them..... They're well spread out lol ;-)

Lol at you readin it in yer 'ead in a scouse accent lol. Did I have me pyjamas on and me rollers in ? Lol (I DONT go out in me jim jams or rollers by the way!!!!..... But it does appear to be a scouse affliction lol)
Xx

It's a lovely sunny morning so I got up early and made some of these. They've turned out perfectly and didn't take long to make. I'm taking them to work to have with a cuppa later so will report back when I've tasted them. :D

I lurve these. I also gave one to a customer who isn't on a diet and he loved them too. He said it was hard to believe that they can be good for you and taste so good. So well done Lady A and thank you for sharing this fab recipe. :sign0144:

Tried this again after the UH-MAAAYZIN cupcakes! This time in a square tin. So needed longer in the oven. However. This time the sponge tastes really bitter. :-/

Have just read this recipe, took myself to sainsburys immediately and will be trying these tonight after zumba!! Nutella is my weakness and I can't wait!!

Lady A - you have most definitely saved my diet!! Thank you so much!!! :)

Love and hugs! Xxxx

Ps will let you know how I get on! Xxxx

Well I attempted it!! Think I may have got vases that are too big as my cupcakes were barely noticeable after rising so will try again with smaller ones tomorrow!! Also, how on earth did you get 2tbsp of nutella round 24 cakes?!? I ran out after about 18 or so, and had to have plain (which were still yummy!!) but only had a small spread of nutella on each!!
Xxxxx

Attachments

• image-2505269698.jpg
    image-2505269698.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 321
They look yum mrs b..

I've been meaning to try these for ages.. Need to get myself the ingredients and make them!

They're gorgeous - they may look a little "different" but they taste amazing - that's all that counts right!?! :)
Definitely worth a try!! (Though not with muffin cases perhaps!? Although i may double up perhaps - then they'd be 2 syns each, i guess?!) xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sorry I've been neglecting this thread but I'm really glad everyone is enjoying these. I've been a bit lazy so I've decided to do some baking when I get home tonight. I'll probably make the basic sponge recipe with a little lemon extract and have it with low fat ice cream and fresh pineapple.....de-e-lish!

PS Roziee....get baking girl! xx

I'm so going to try making these this weekend. Hubby is doing a charity skydive this year and to raise money for his sponsership I'm thinking of doing a SW cake sale in group so these would be perfect. xx

These look lush, and am I correct in thinking that a cake with nutella is 1 syn? Crazy!!

Yup - if you spread the nutella between 24 cakes it is.....i managed to spread mine between about 30 ish so became about 0.5!!

I love them!! xxx

Back