Puddings Lady A's Nutella Cupcakes

Here they are :)

Attachments

• 252730_10150322989711038_514696037_9789673_6638445_n.jpg
    252730_10150322989711038_514696037_9789673_6638445_n.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 203
nicolanicola said:
I don't have an electric whisk could I get the same effect by using a plain metal whisk?

A metal whisk should be fine hun I'm just lazy ;p

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Wow, me and the kids have made these this morning and they are a hit!!

Only problem I have found is the sponge sticks to the casings. Anyone else found this?

Next time, I think I might make them in the silicone muffin cases and do 12 instead of 24. They will still only be 2-3 syns each, right? and will be ideal for the kids lunchboxes too!!

Very pleased tho with first attempt!!

Usually I have so many disasters with these sorts of things!LOL.

Want to try these now!! No nutella though :( wonder if teaco choc spread would taste nice? Does anyone know if its the same syns as nutella?

Also do u all use a tablespoon measure? Coz my tblspns have got a lot smaller since I invested in a measure lol

Thanks for the recipe :)

Oh im so silly sometimes.... I just made these but halved the ingredients as i wanted to try first.... They baked lovely and came out all big and nice, I tasted one and it seemed salty... Nevermind I thought, by the time the choc spread is on they will be fine. Melted the choc spread thennit occured to me that I hadnt halved the flour and baking powder lmao!!
In the bin, next batch on :)

Ok attempt numbet two turned out fab, infact hubby has just come home and eaten 4!! These are by far the best cakes I have come across so far!!

nannis said:
Ok attempt numbet two turned out fab, infact hubby has just come home and eaten 4!! These are by far the best cakes I have come across so far!!

Woohoo nannins! glad they were a success in the end. Try them warmed up in the micro with some Wall's soft scoop light ice cream (1.5 syns per scoop) = YUM! Xx

Back again... I am in love with these!!! Today i used almond flavouring instead
Of vanilla and topped them with 1.5 syns of jam, yummy!
Made half the mix so for 12 cakes was 7.5 syns!! I have eaten 6 oooppps!! But they were delish and just under 4 syns for all 6 :)))

Oh and i chuck it all in the food proccessor and fold in the flour and baking powder... No pics coz wr ate them all lol

nannis said:
Back again... I am in love with these!!! Today i used almond flavouring instead
Of vanilla and topped them with 1.5 syns of jam, yummy!
Made half the mix so for 12 cakes was 7.5 syns!! I have eaten 6 oooppps!! But they were delish and just under 4 syns for all 6 :)))

nannis said:
Oh and i chuck it all in the food proccessor and fold in the flour and baking powder... No pics coz wr ate them all lol

I'm glad you're enjoying them hun.....the Jammy ones sound yum! Thanks for the tip about the food processor I'll give it a go next time Xx

Exceeded my expectations!!!!

Hi everyone I made these a week ago and thought I'd share them with everyone here as they taste pretty yummy....Ps the recipe has been inspired by the 12 syn sponge cake thread :)

Lady A's Nutella Cupcakes Recipe:

Cupcakes alone work out to 1/2 syn each & nutella is 4 syns per tbsp so 12 + 8= 20/24 = less than 1 syn! :confused:

Ingredients:
6 eggs
2oz self raising flour
couple drops of vanilla essence
2 tsps baking powder
14 tbsp granulated sweetner
Method
Mix the eggs and sweetner and vanilla essence in a large bowl with electric whisk, beat until it triples in volume (about 10 mins)
Sieve flour and baking powder and fold into mixture.
Share between 24 cupcake cases and bake at 200C for about 10 mins (Keep an eye on them)

Topping:

Melt 2 tablespoons of Nutella in the microwave for 30 seconds and top your cupcakes with them.....Only 1 syn each so you can have a couple with a cup of tea or some ice cream. :)

JUST TRIED THESE AND OH MY GOODNESS! They are lovely! They have a slightly more rubbery texture than a 'proper' cake but they are still as equally satisfying when those sneaky cravings come on!!
I baked them in silicone cases so they didn't stick and would hold their form (the mixture is runnier than normal cake batter. I didn't have much hope for this recipe because of previous failures, however these came out beautifully :)

Back