Lady Jo's CC journey 6st to lose...

Hello all! Well finished work for the week so excited for the weekend. Not quite got back into "work mode" because my hubs is still off work and my kids are off school. It's all back to normal Monday so hopefully il find some work enthusiasm then! However the diet enthusiasm is there as always! Weekend are hard when my hubby's here cos he likes nice stuff that's not always the lowest in cals. When he's not here I don't feel like I'm on a diet but comparing myself when he's here I feel like I'm missing out on some things. Take tonight, I was making chicken and Brie sandwiches with potato wedges, he had two big fat rolls with loads of fillings. I had a warbutons square thin thing with my weighed chicken and Brie and a smaller portion of wedges and loads of salad. It sounds delish I would have rather had 2 on big fat rolls but hey. He actually wants to start cc with me on Monday but I know he's not as bothered as me and moans that he's "on a diet" but he needs to realise its healthy lifestyle!!
Anyway enough ranting about the other half, here's food for today.
B- oat so simple porridge and plums, later on a WW yogurt
L- Asda cottage cheese snack pack and 2 chicken breast skewers
D- chicken breast, Brie, warbutons thin, lettuce, cherry toms, cucumber, southern fried wedges, tbsp light mayo
Had enough for a mince pie and cream. Been thinking about it all week and had enough cals today! Nice little treat!

So day off tomorrow taking the kids swimming doubt ill gain many cals dotting about with them in the pool!

Hope everyone has a Good Friday!

Hello everyone! The weekend is finally here! Haven't got any plans, kids want to go cinema but don't think I couldn't resist a massive popcorn!!
Today's not been brilliant, 1796 in total so 296 over target but I have been gym and swimming today so I've earned it I think! We treated ourselves to an ice cream after swimming I had a mcflurry from McDonalds at a whopping 390cals so without that I would have been fine but hey need a treat once and a while.
Food today
B- mini max and hot milk
L- hot dogs with onions
D- homemade fish chips garden peas and a warbutons thin with spread instead of bread
S- mc flurry toffee crisps flavour
Earned 450+\- at the gym then took the kids swimming for hour and a half not sure of the cals probably not as much as pure swimming but I was made sure I did some activity!
I listened to my first jillian michaels podcast today at the gym, getting a bit sick of music, apple is making a fortune out of me buying music on iTunes! The podcasts are free and really entertaining! Still awaiting delivery of my 30day shred DVD, decided I'm going to go the gym still 3 times a week but do shred 2 times a week so I'm working out 5 days. I don't always get to the gym too on days I want to so will be good to know I've got shred waiting for me at home instead of the sofa!
Hope everyone has a good weekend! :)

Hello all!

Well not an exciting Saturday... Went to Asda and then been catching up on house work and then I got the baking bug. Saturdays were all about baking for me I love it and so do my family. It's more the baking activity than the eating but I did eat one today. We had loads of left over chocolate left over from Xmas so I made "treasure hunt cupcakes" chocolate cupcakes with a choc coin inside decorated with choc buttercream and half a milk and half a white coin

image-376585756.jpg

Here is my daughter with the finished product!

Used oil instead of butter which is meant to be healthier. I looked on mfp and an average home made cupcake is just over 200 cals.

Other than that food has been:
B-mini max and milk
L- chicken Caesar wraps and Special K crisps
S-cupcake
D- old El Paso tortilla bake
So in total 1545 only 45 over target :)

The Special K crisps were gorgeous I have the sour cream ones and u get 21 crisps for 95 cals and its a big portion! One of my new fave finds!

Think I'm going to take the kids down the beach tomorrow and hopefully earn enough cals for another cupcake!
Hope everyone is having a good weekend so far!

Well today has not been brilliant cc wise...

Had to do a few errands this morn turned out the shop I needed wasn't open till 11 and I was there just after 10, had my daughter with me both hungry, where did we go? McDonald's. I picked the lesser cal option bacon muffin (admittedly not the lowest option but hey! No one goes to mcds and has porridge, that was 200cal+ for some reason!) but was still under my 500 meal limit.
Then Sundays are all about the roast in my house. Was quite good had the meat veg yorkie pud stuffing and gravy so all but the potatoes!
Then the pub, managed to stay on diet coke but got the munchies and had maltesers.
Then my mates invited us back to theirs for a bit, she had made a curry, a very healthy one lots of veg not an overly creamy sauce. Didn't eat it all but did have the naan bread.
Yuk feel so gross as well cos its totm, I jumped on the scales this morn a few days early and have lost 4lb so far this week which I needed! Don't weigh in proper till weds but don't want today to ruin my week so gonna be super good tomorrow but i have a big meeting tomorrow and theres always a buffet lunch at these business centres full of sandwiches. :/ however after work I've found a Zumba class! Used to do it a few years ago but gave up when I started work. Really want to incorporate some other exercises with my normal gym routine, really want to up my fitness and get rid of all this flabby mummy skin!

Hope all have had a good weekend!!! :):):)

All sounds awesome! I had curry for dinner too!
P.s those cupcakes look incredible xx

All sounds awesome! I had curry for dinner too!
P.s those cupcakes look incredible xx

Lol I took them to my friends house didn't want them in the house any longer, only having one was a struggle!!! They were deliciousssss!
I normally don't have anything else after my roast but felt bad cos she had cooked!!
Have a nice week Hun :)

Happy Monday everyone!

Well today every thing officially went bak to normal. I've been back to work but kids and hubby went back today. I had an all day meeting so was up very early!
Because I was working till quite late I couldn't go to the gym as normal so went to a Zumba class! I'd been before and it was so much fun!! I didn't even know I had Abs but they are painful!! Wasn't sure how to record on mfp put it as aerobic dancing and it's come up at 481 cals for the hour! Definatley want to do it again and when I put it on Facebook loads of my friends want to come too. I don't know if I mentioned this before but I actually started this journey with a friend. I started my diet myself and my friend talked me into joining the gym. Since then I've been 3 times a week since September and she went twice in the first week and left me to it. I'm so used now to being on my own and doing this with my own determination I don't know if I'm comfortable including other people. I know it's only Zumba but I like to concentrate and do it myself and all the strangers lol. And on top of that my friend wants to start coming the gym again but I just can't help thinking she will come twice again and bugger off again. I don't want any one to take my thunder lol. At the minute I'm doing better than everyone cos they aren't doing anything lol. I don't know it's a weird emotion but if someone can say they know where I'm coming from it would be helpful!!

Anyway food today
B- activia breakfast yogurt pot
L- mixture of different sandwiches at my meeting centre, used the cals for shop sandwiches to get best comparison. And loads of fruit!
D- bacon and mushroom tagliatelle
After Zumba I had Special K crisps and a muller light.

Some of u might have seen on another thread my jillian michaels DVD arrived today! Hoping to do some after work tomorrow and then it's gym on weds (with or without my friend lol)

I totally get where you are coming from with the gym buddy. I signed up with a colleague and she came maybe twice at the start then I went alone all through the summer/autumn last year when I was really motivated and going 3 or 4 times a week. She started back a few times before Christmas but it almost demotivates me because is we planned to go to a class together one evening, everytime she bailed at the last minute I saw it as an excuse for me to bail! Not good! So in a way its distracting. I also have turned into a bit of a competitive b-itch with exercise which I never wanted to do, but a few of my friends have or had eating disorders and so they are obsessed with everyone around thems weight, and if they get a sniff of me doing exercise they feel they need to do triple, which is a really horrible cycle as a) I feel guilty for triggering them and b) it takes the enjoyment and achievement out of my fitness regime! Gah! Anyway rant! but I think I do understand how you feel xx

Can't wait to hear how you get on with Shred- I have to do Level 1, Day 2 today!

hi lady jo
i started reading your diary cause im not far of your starting weight (18.5) and i really like that you eat sensible and alsi exercise. you've done fab and i hope i can do jus as good.
i have 2 kids also but they are under 3 so have to work my gym around them. i understand about gym pals also i find if my friends come with me i tend to not work so hard as they are a distraction and they usually have a lift with me so i end up leaving before i want to as they dont do as much as me! frustrating eh!
will be checking out your diary in future for motivation
sarah xx

I totally get where you are coming from with the gym buddy. I signed up with a colleague and she came maybe twice at the start then I went alone all through the summer/autumn last year when I was really motivated and going 3 or 4 times a week. She started back a few times before Christmas but it almost demotivates me because is we planned to go to a class together one evening, everytime she bailed at the last minute I saw it as an excuse for me to bail! Not good! So in a way its distracting. I also have turned into a bit of a competitive b-itch with exercise which I never wanted to do, but a few of my friends have or had eating disorders and so they are obsessed with everyone around thems weight, and if they get a sniff of me doing exercise they feel they need to do triple, which is a really horrible cycle as a) I feel guilty for triggering them and b) it takes the enjoyment and achievement out of my fitness regime! Gah! Anyway rant! but I think I do understand how you feel xx

Can't wait to hear how you get on with Shred- I have to do Level 1, Day 2 today!

Thanks berry
Nice to know I'm not just being cruel! She says she don't want to push herself too far. It's just annoying me!! Lol. It doesn't stop me from going as I've proved I just wanna be in the zone I don't wanna chat!! Lol x

hi lady jo
i started reading your diary cause im not far of your starting weight (18.5) and i really like that you eat sensible and alsi exercise. you've done fab and i hope i can do jus as good.
i have 2 kids also but they are under 3 so have to work my gym around them. i understand about gym pals also i find if my friends come with me i tend to not work so hard as they are a distraction and they usually have a lift with me so i end up leaving before i want to as they dont do as much as me! frustrating eh!
will be checking out your diary in future for motivation
sarah xx

Hi sarahmun
Nice to know u are reading! And thanks very much for your nice comments. I love cc I've done every diet but I needed to have a lifestyle change and I know I've said that before when I've done all these diets but cc could not be easier! It really is back to basics.
It can be hard with 2 little ones. I work part time and try to fit in gym where I can and I love it now I've even increased to working out 5 times a week, gym 3 times and then 2 other like Zumba, swimming or DVD at home, keeps its all fresh!
I have to give my friend a lift as well. my programme from my personal trainer lasts 1hr30 mins and she did say the other day she don't want to push herself so she'll do 10 mins and then get bored well she can bugger off she's not going to affect my success! Oops sorry started to rant there!!
Well good luck with it all Hun and I'm ladyjo86 on mfp if u have it...xxx

Hello all!!

Well what a Tuesday it has been so far. Been very busy so couldn't do shred DVD when I wanted to. The day isn't over yet so might do it in a bit. Seen on another thread it's about 20 mins so can squeeze that in easily!
As I said I have been busy and not eaten many cals as a result. Here goes
B-warbutons thin with lf jam
L- mixed sushi
D-beef stroganoff and brown rice
Only 1099 cals so 400 under my 1500 allowance. I might have a little snack later but I don't like eating at night it's a slippery slope for me it took me ages to get out the habit!!
If I do shred I might treat myself to a WW choc eclair only 89 cals mmmm :p but otherwise I will try not to eat as it weigh in tomorrow morning really want to see 15st8lb that will be me at 2 stone lost wooooop!!

Shred day 1 done!!

Was hard but can't grumble at that intensity in 20 mins! Well done me!

Well done dude! Glad you enjoyed it! I did Day 2 this eve and still struggled, I find the press ups and squat and press absolute killers!!

Well done dude! Glad you enjoyed it! I did Day 2 this eve and still struggled, I find the press ups and squat and press absolute killers!!

Defo with u on the press ups i got my hubby to check I was doing it right! It's the jumping jacks for me after having two kids I can do it for a bit then I start peeing lol, sorry if tmi!! Zumba has taught me a cheats jumping jacks so I don't pee hee hee even tho jillian said "there is no easier alternative! DO IT!" Sorry jillian lol x

5lbs off this week. At 15st9lb so 1lb away from the big 2 stone! Ready to smash it this week!!!

Good luck to all other Wednesday weighers! X

Defo with u on the press ups i got my hubby to check I was doing it right! It's the jumping jacks for me after having two kids I can do it for a bit then I start peeing lol, sorry if tmi!! Zumba has taught me a cheats jumping jacks so I don't pee hee hee even tho jillian said "there is no easier alternative! DO IT!" Sorry jillian lol x

HAHA!! :D

p.s. AMAZING loss - well done!!!!!!

Happy Wednesday everyone!

Well todays weigh in gave me a whopping 5lb loss for this week! I have done more exercise than normal but other than that I've stuck to 1500 (some days eating more like1700!) so well done me that's 27lb gone gone gone!!

Went to the gym today with my friend, the one who hasn't been since we started up in September! Luckily the personal trainer was free to do a programme with her so he took her off my hands! Bad thing is she's only been given walking on the treadmill to do and the rest is weights and strength. My whole programme takes 1hr30mins. She does about 45 mins. Well she will just have to wait for me I'm not letting it affect me! (So cruel I know but I bet she will do it for at most a couple of weeks and give up!)

Today's food was yummmmmy
B- oat so simple porridge pouch with blueberries and a glass of copella
L- a Tesco salmon and crushed potato salad
D- pasta bake made with wholemeal pasta, massive salad and a WW garlic petit pan
S- Milky Way crispy roll
Gym cals 425 total food cals 1411

I was soooo naughty today and bought a toblerone from Asda there was loads been sold off from Xmas and I can't resist a bargain!!! I don't even really want it but I know it's there!
But a better buy from Asda were some dumbells for my shred DVD and a iPod arm holder thing got the two for £10! Bargain!!

The jillian Michaels book I ordered had arrived today, its the winning by losing book. Will be some nice bedtime reading! Still awaiting my hairy dieters book but until then I've found a change4life app for free on App Store with loads of recipes for breakfast lunch dinner and puddings. Good if anyone's readin especially for families.

Anyway best go and start my reading!! Hope everyone's having a great week so far!

hi jo

fab weight loss this week well done. ive had to pass on exercise for last 3 days as totm and i cant exercise when it is so annoying but back to gym tomo night.
have you got sky cause they do other gillian dvds on the fitnedd channel for free!
i tried to get the healthy changes book but cause i live in wales cant get it!! boo ill have a look for the app.
have a nice evening
sarah xx

Back