Lady Jo's CC journey 6st to lose...

hi jo

fab weight loss this week well done. ive had to pass on exercise for last 3 days as totm and i cant exercise when it is so annoying but back to gym tomo night.
have you got sky cause they do other gillian dvds on the fitnedd channel for free!
i tried to get the healthy changes book but cause i live in wales cant get it!! boo ill have a look for the app.
have a nice evening
sarah xx

I've had my totm this week, guess I'm lucky cos I don't normally suffer. It's horrible being a woman sometimes!!
I do have fitness channel I've taped some off there before didn't realise they do jillian m ones! Will look out!! Thanks Sarah and hope ur having a good week despite totm x

Happy Thursday! Well I'm happy as work is done for the week! Hoorah!!
Last night was the first night I actually did my New Years resolution for sleep! My hubby is forces and is away 90% of the time but this week he's around when he goes to be he likes to watch tv so it goes against the routine I set out. He goes away next week so ill be able to do it properly. It did feel good to go to sleep in the dark and didn't wake up or stir all night. Didn't feel considerably different, I reckon a few weeks of it would really notice a difference!
Other than that today I went swimming today which was nice as I don't get to do a lot of swimming. Now I've increased to 5 times a week of activity ill probably do it more. I treat myself to 10 mins in the jacuzzi and 10 mins sauna after 30 mins swimming/treading water which mfp gave me 496 cals burned!
Food today
B- 2slices toast with light spread
L- leftover pasta bake from last nights tea
D- homemade chilli on a jacket spud and sprinkle of cheese
Total for the day 1202

The chilli recipe was the one I got from the change 4 life app I mentioned yesterday and it was absolutely delicioussssss! Got a really good portion and I used quorn mince kept it really low, 340 for It all including the potato and I actually took a pic!

image-1794757643.jpg

I was so proud of myself as it was yummmyness and the hubby gave it the thumbs up!

So seen as I have 298 left think I might treat myself to one of the choc bars in my fridge. Was very naughty and bought some multipacks cos they were on for £1, I got dimes and double deckers. Was surprised dimes are only 150cals might be my new treat of choice!! Ddeckers are 275!

Hope everyone's having a good week and only one day till the weekend!!!

Hello everyone! Thank god it's Friday!!!

Fridays are my days off but I still seem to find lots to do as well as of course going to the gym! The personal trainer at my gym has recently left so now there is a new one. He's a bit older than original guy who was quite nice looking but he seems really wanting to get involved and help people. I did my workout and as I was leaving he roped me in for a chat, he was so lovely and was asking me loads about what I'd been doing gym and food wise, and was very complimentary of my progress so far which is nice cos when u go at it alone you don't go to a group who clap and get stickers etc lol. its all your own determination and willpower!
He said how it can be good for your body to have a 5 day break from activity every 12 weeks. As we have just had Xmas I said I've had my break and it shows he knows what he's talking about cos of course the week after I lost 5lb!
Anyway food wise today I've been a bit greedy and had a kit Kat chunky as some of u might have seen, don't know why I'm being so hard on myself because I do say on gym days I can have 200 extra cals if I want them. I suppose cos I've not really used them before, especially not on chocolate. I had 300 cals left yesterday and had a double decker. Im allowed them but I still feel guilty cos I should be using it on something healthy. I don't need a treat everyday even if I have the cals. Before if I had 300 left I'd leave them and just make sure I didn't eat after tea. Well today I've used all my cals so I can't have anything now, even tho I've promised the kids a film night with sweets, I will try hard not to touch them!!
So today in total
B- mini max and 1%milk
S-peach and an activia yogurt
L- left over quorn chilli, sprinkle of cheese, ww nachos
S- kit Kat chunky and 1 rolo
D- Asda chicken and bacon bake with carrots and broccoli
Total 1663 (163 over)
Exercise 632 earned

Taking the kids to an indoor play centre with a friend tomorrow, normally when we go its a cake and hot choc with cream and marshmallows! Tomorrow I will be sure to take a healthy snack and water or diet coke. I spent a fortune in pound land today on weight watchers stuff, I know they are not the best but they are good portion controlled and low calories. Filled my biscuit tin with all WW biscuits and cakes instead of the normal cookies and things!!

Hope everyone has a fantabulous weekend!!!! :):):)

Make that 1771, add a thorntons chocolate but stopped myself and have settled with a candy cane! Minty flavour and should take ages to eat!!!

Hello all! Hope u are enjoying your weekends!!

Well today as I said I took the kids to a play centre. I took my own good snacks, didn't end up eating anything! Had a diet Pepsi but now I am starving and waiting for my tea to cook.

I've become a bit obsessed with the biggest loser USA. I found it on catch up and there's a whole season on it! I never realised how scary jillian michaels is!!! Never seen her on tv before just read a lot of her stuff and obv got 30 day shred! I don't think I could do the biggest loser but 50+ lbs in 4 weeks I wouldn't mind!!!

I've been thinking of my next small target as I'm only 1lb away from 2 stone I consider that as pretty much completed. I need small targets so I feel accomplishments along the way. I've decided my big goal is 6 stone and I have 4 left I want it off by my birthday at the end of August. Basically because it was my last birthday that spurred me to do this. Horrible fat pictures and all I want is that old picture and the new picture of me 6 stone lighter exactly a year later and say YES I DID IT! Can't wait for that day! But it's 8 months away so next I want to achieve is to be in the 14's by February 14th. That is currently 9lb away. So that is 2lb a week and one week 3lb. It's a tall order but I haven't got anything going on between now and then that could slip me up. I'm due to go on a girls night out beginning of February but I've already planned in my head to not drink as we are going to London zoo the next day for my daughters birthday. Im feeling so positive about my goal, so everyone wish me luck!!

Food today:
B-2quorn sausages, 100g beans, 1slice toast, poached egg, mushrooms and tomatoes grilled
L- leek and potato soup and a warbutons thin
D- weight watchers fish pies (only 196 cals so I had two to stop me having cals left tonight for chocolate!! And they are a bit of a measly portion!!) and garden peas.
Total 1296 no exercise today

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!!!

Hello all! Hope u are enjoying your weekends!!

Well today as I said I took the kids to a play centre. I took my own good snacks, didn't end up eating anything! Had a diet Pepsi but now I am starving and waiting for my tea to cook.

I've become a bit obsessed with the biggest loser USA. I found it on catch up and there's a whole season on it! I never realised how scary jillian michaels is!!! Never seen her on tv before just read a lot of her stuff and obv got 30 day shred! I don't think I could do the biggest loser but 50+ lbs in 4 weeks I wouldn't mind!!!

I've been thinking of my next small target as I'm only 1lb away from 2 stone I consider that as pretty much completed. I need small targets so I feel accomplishments along the way. I've decided my big goal is 6 stone and I have 4 left I want it off by my birthday at the end of August. Basically because it was my last birthday that spurred me to do this. Horrible fat pictures and all I want is that old picture and the new picture of me 6 stone lighter exactly a year later and say YES I DID IT! Can't wait for that day! But it's 8 months away so next I want to achieve is to be in the 14's by February 14th. That is currently 9lb away. So that is 2lb a week and one week 3lb. It's a tall order but I haven't got anything going on between now and then that could slip me up. I'm due to go on a girls night out beginning of February but I've already planned in my head to not drink as we are going to London zoo the next day for my daughters birthday. Im feeling so positive about my goal, so everyone wish me luck!!

Food today:
B-2quorn sausages, 100g beans, 1slice toast, poached egg, mushrooms and tomatoes grilled
L- leek and potato soup and a warbutons thin
D- weight watchers fish pies (only 196 cals so I had two to stop me having cals left tonight for chocolate!! And they are a bit of a measly portion!!) and garden peas.
Total 1296 no exercise today

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!!![/QUOTE

Hey, I think I might be the only one who comments on your thread but often I don't have time to comment properly even though I do read so you must think your on your own here but I'm sure him not the only one. You've got a lot to lose and you seem very very motivated I hope you get it off by August, it will be such a great feeling when you get to your goal. I'm stuck in a rut at the moment. I know I'll get back on it eventually, I haven't completely given up xx

Hi oasis

I know how u feel that's how I felt this week like I've been so motivated and obsessed but this week I don't know I just had no feelings about it lol I guess I'm starting to fall into it as "this is life" rather than a diet, it's not depressing but sometimes you just want to feel super excited and some days just don't cut it.
My advice would be to read some low fat cookbooks and get some new recipes. Think of it as trying something new rather than a diet recipe. Also as i said I've been watching the biggest loser and I think if they can lose 100lb in 7 weeks, I can do this!! And also why not do something different exercise wise? I found I was just going to the gym 3 times a week and now I've increased it to 5 because I wanna do other things like Zumba, swimming or a home DVD. If u look at it as doing something new and not working out to lose weight it's more exciting!
I've had a conversation with my husband this week how I want some more excitement in my life! Two kids and a military husband can get a bit much but we've decided that we are goin to go abroad on holiday this year, first time taking kids on a plane. It's really given me something to focus on, and I'm so excited! I've changed my phone wallpaper to a beautiful beach picture cos before we know it summer will be here...
Good luck Hun and thanks for commenting x

Hello all well the end of the weekend booooo:( hope all have had a good one!
Well I used the change for life app again today, the chilli was so good I thought we'd have a change on our normal naughty Sunday lunch and I made a slow cooked lamb and lentil bake. It was absolutely delishhhhh! And for a big portion only 400 cals! A vast improvement on the roast which even if I'm good is about 700!! The hubs loves his roasts and was a little upset when I said were having something different! But he said it was awesome! The lamb was soooo soft! Definate new family favourite!
So as we didn't have a roast I bought the m&s fuller for longer fish with the bhaji topping to have after the pub. It's in the oven waiting to be tried so watch this space!!
So other food today
B- fruit and fibre bread toasted with spread, glass of copella
S- muller light and fridge raiders
L- change for life bake and 2 little Yorkshires
S- weight watchers crisps and ww cake
D- m&s bhaji fish and a pitta
Total 1470
Exercise I did jillians 30 day shred for about 200cals

image-2589963821.jpg

The lamb and lentil bake ( sorry I had already started Digging in!)

hi jo

hope you've had a nice weekend. i live reading your diary as.you inspire me to refocus and carry on. i still hsvent concured the stress eating and unfortunately ive done some of that this weekend! my hubby had a car crash on fri and we have no car now and i have been running around all weekend looking after.hubby and kids! oh well at least hes alive eh. i forgot to eat yesterday until i realised at 4!! then ate chocolate doh. but on plus side had 2 walks today and 1 yesterday as no car and i have a cleaning bug lol.
enough about me reading your diary tnite has made me rethink and get back on it tomo. thankyou.

sarah xx

hi jo

hope you've had a nice weekend. i live reading your diary as.you inspire me to refocus and carry on. i still hsvent concured the stress eating and unfortunately ive done some of that this weekend! my hubby had a car crash on fri and we have no car now and i have been running around all weekend looking after.hubby and kids! oh well at least hes alive eh. i forgot to eat yesterday until i realised at 4!! then ate chocolate doh. but on plus side had 2 walks today and 1 yesterday as no car and i have a cleaning bug lol.
enough about me reading your diary tnite has made me rethink and get back on it tomo. thankyou.

sarah xx

Oh my gosh I'm so glad everyone is safe and sound!!!! That's is the most important thing. Don't worry about eating chocolate, somethings are more important. To be honest I haven't had much stress! Lol and can't think of a time in my diet I have snapped! I nearly did today as u will read in my next post!!!

hello everyone well miserable monday is here and today has been a complete rollercoaster so i hope youre all strapped in as i let rip!

today i had my appraisal from work, had to meet my manager at her house to discuss my work. basically the sun shines out of my behind, ive earned a decent bonus and most importantly she has realised i want more out of my job, i want to work myself up to get a better role. shes putting me up for some skill sessions to build up and improve my skills and eventually go on to a management scheme and manager position. i may have mentionned i work for a very big chocolate company so this is HUGE! managerial position in a worldwide mega monster of a company, really decent money, company car the lot!! so im totally buzzzzzziiiinnnngggg with this good news. im losing weight and now im progressing in work, life is pretty damn good!!!
finished work went to the school to pick up the kids, im friends with some of the dads as well as the mums as we all know each other in our forces area (husband is military and we are in one of their houses) one of the dads says "have u ever watched stella?" (ruth jones prog on sky) i says no, he says u really remind me of ruth jones. after initial shock and confusion, i realised the show is after ruth jones had lost a lot of timber so i was willing to let it slide. on talking about it some mums overheard and said "oh your telling her u think she looks like nessa?" and i was like WHAT!!!!?!??!?!?!? F*****G NESSA!?!?!? bearing in mind these two wouldnt exactly make the short list for miss world. it was just so hurtful they swung it around to calling me bloody nessa. i was soooo upset, i dont look like ruth jones and definately not bloody nessa!!!! they just have to make a big deal out of it to really emphasise that someone thinks i look like the woman who played a fat character. i love ruth jones and i love gavin and stacey but i doubt anyone would be happy being called her. i know my profile pic is a bit fuzzy but honestly i dont even look remotely like her!!!! right???? its just so horrible that they act younger than the bloody children! i immediately called my mum in pure frustration WHY CANT PEOPLE JUST BE HAPPY FOR YOU?!?????? my mum is awesome and talked me out of going to the off licence and drinking myself to a mess. cos im above it. i know it aint true so why get upset. just feel sorry for them that they have to make ppl feel bad. calling someone fat does not make you skinny!!
sorry for a rant but so far people have been so positive and i dont like including people in it co if they one day see me with a choc bar or a bag of crisps i dont want them to say oh i thought u were dieting... well u were wrong im not dieting im CHOOSING A HEALTHY LIFE STYLE!!!
rant officially over and in 8 months time and 4 stone time, ill rock up and say do i still look like nessa??? cos if anyone does its bloody you two! and ill rock up in a fancy new car and loadsa money lol to buy all new skinny clothes woop woop.

anyway resisted the alcohol and had a good day food wise!
B- naked smoothie and weetabix bar
S- had a bag of good snacks all prepared, left them on the stairs :( so had special k crisps and special k bar
L- asian tuna wrap from asda and a weight watchers black forest slice
D- 1/2 goodfellas extra thin pizza speciale (delicious!) with little gem lettuce and little light mayo

no gym today :( worked too late, did some jillian moves waiting for tea to cook (god im so sad!!) back to gym tomorrow or might go swimming as my "gym buddy" is coming on wednesday... or is she?? lol

take care everyone hope youve had a better day than me :)

image-3278597818.jpg

Tea tonight 1/2 goodfellas pepperoni speciale on ultra thin flatbread base for 522 cals
And little gem lettuce

afternoon all,
well last night my mood didnt improve and i felt shitty this morning too, as the day has gone on ive perked up a bit and im looking forward to zumba tonight to work off some tension and have some fun!
todays food:
B-fruit and fibre toastx1 and spread
S-chicken tikka pieces,hot choc and a ww biscuit
L- leftover pizza from last night with little gem lettuce and splodge of light mayo.
D- will be minced beef and veg roll thing with mash and veg.
exercise will be an hour zumba class!

ive treated myself to a heart rate monitor, got a polar fitness computer watch thing??? £55 in argos, i got a pink one! looking forward to using it tonight at zumba and tomorrow in the gym. has anyone else got one??

anyway best get off now and have tea before booty shaking later :) hope everyones had a good day :)

ooh forgot to say its weigh in tomorrow! need 1lb for 28lbs so two stone. would really like some more to get me on my way with "14's by the 14th!"

Oooh good luck!!!! 2 stone is an awesome achievement! will keep everything crossed for tomorrow x

Excellent news about you appraisal and job prospects, you should be super proud. Just ignore the morons at the school. They are not worth the hassle, unfortunately there's always people ready to put a dampener on your achievements. Your tea looks yummy and good luck for wi xx

omg people can be so rude. they are obviously jealous so ignore them. i find some of the mothers in school stuck up and quick to judge but i ignore them. lol.
good luck with weigh in tomo hope you get it.

sarah xx

Love I'm so sorry when I read earlier I had missed your rant! Some people have no manners it's unbelievable! Glad your mum perked you up.
Don't let pathetic comments derail how positive you were- amazing news on the job front so excited for you! (Does this mean a crate of kit kat chunkies in the post !? Or wispa if its the other ! Ha!) that is really fab news and so nice to have your hard work recognised and rewarded. Losing the rest of the weight this year will just be the cherry on top!

So sorry I missed this earlier! X

Ps pizza looks sublime! I have literally just eaten chocolate and biscuits for dinner. I am a disgrace! I hope kitchen is finished soon or ill be back to where I bloody started!

Have a good eve x

Back