Lasagne Help

huntsu1

I have just done my shopping and brought cottage cheese instead of natural yoghurt by mistake - if i blitzed in the food processor could I get away with using cottage cheese? - really cant face another trip to the shops :(

It's worth a try! you may find a new way of making this recipe, I have used cheese spreads, liquidized in several recipes as a white sauce.

You definately can, I have done this before. I add some salt and pepper to it and some of HEX cheese (making sure I leave some for the top) to give it plenty of flavour. Yum!

I feel a lasagne coming on when I have been shopping! :)

I think a lot of people use cottage cheese in lasagne actually, so it might work out okay! I use dollops of quark in mine (with a good dose of seasoning) when being uber-good, but mostly just make a white sauce using HE-B skimmed milk and allow myself the syns...I love lasange so much that I have to do it that way!
Hope it works well.
:)

Thanks for all your replies - I gave it a go and it was OK, didnt use any salt or pepper which probably would have made it taste a bit better but the family didnt seem to notice any difference.

Well that's good - families are usually the first to tell you if they don't like something! Glad it went well :D

I've used the sieved powder from a bachelors chicken & mushroom pasta and sauce, made up with skimmed milk as a sub for lasagne white sauce.

Back