Total Solution Last Chance Saloon

My hands and feet get cold and then I'm cold everywhere when I go to bed. It's congrats to both of us for 100% days today. I'm panicking now - only 24 days to fit into those new clothes before I fly to Philadelphia! I can't afford to slip up when I go to my mum's on Thursday. I'm sure you'll be fine on your trip too. Going to do some more tidying, sorting of clothes in my bedroom then a bath and bed for me too!

I've been sleeping with socks and a sweatshirt over my pjs! You have 24 days until your big holiday and I have 33 days until the wedding I have to go to. We both have Thursday eating out to cope with. Let's keep the mutual support going for the next month and see what we can do! Had nice hot bath to warm me up but felt a little light headed after it. Early night for me too. Just having a chocolate shake now and then another pint of water and that is me done for the day. Sleep well.

Day 14 and end of week 2 with a daily loss yesterday of 0.6lbs bringing me to a total of 6.6lbs for week 2 and a total loss of 18.6lbs since I started! Happy with that and so happy that I didn't cave in at the weekend!! Another miserable day with the weather so going to work isn't going to be a hardship! Very busy four days with work this week so that will keep me on track. Taking the dog to the vets after work and then going for a swim so no boredom hours in the day to test my willpower. I've started knitting too and that seems to help keep me on the straight and narrow. So pleased that I have stayed 100% for these last 2 weeks. It has been a real test to my willpower at times but I am so determined to keep going for this wedding as I know there will be loads of photos being taken and although I know I won't be anywhere target by then I will feel better about myself and that makes all the difference. I felt so self conscious at the hen weekend (it was a spa day) that it really affected my enjoyment of it for the whole day. For anyone reading my diary, stay strong and stay 100%!!! Good luck! :D

Well what a day today for needing all my willpower and control. I didn't realise that a member of staff was coming in today with her new baby to visit and there was a tea party!!! All kinds of savoury treats, cupcakes etc ..need I do on?? All just under my nose and everyone pigging out. I was left literally holding the baby with my tongue hanging out but resisted everything (I knew that one or two things would never be enough) I had a cup of black tea and glugged down 2 pints of water to quell the yearning inside! So proud of myself that I didn't give in as usually I would be as just as bad as them if not worse. I decided to be an interested observer and it was interesting to see that when the last crumbs were being hoovered up they started to talk about how tired they were; how they just wanted to go home to sleep and how guilty they felt about how much they ate..I was full of energy and feeling slightly virtuous but it was a difficult hour to get through..but..I did it!!!!

Well done Goldie. You should feel very proud of yourself. I've not had such a great day ..... Tomorrows a new day though!

Just get back on that wagon Wayz..today was a big test for me..so glad I did it. When I feel like eating I am going to try to remember that willpower I used today..we all have it in us..I surprised myself today! Also, I knew that if I gave in I would have to come on here and confess all (one of my personal rules) so couldn't face having to list everything;)

Last edited:
Goodie what a brilliant second week loss and well one for hiding the baby and resisting

Hiding the baby? lol! Love predictive text!

Hi Goldie. Wow, that's amazing. Not sure I could have done that! I managed 100% today quite easily - probably because I had so much to do and more and more things kept cropping up which meant I didn't have time to think about being hungry! Good idea to hold the baby - kept your hands occupied and less likey to pick up the food. I like your comment about how much awake and alert you felt. It is probably much healthier to be on exante because of all the vitamins and minerals in the food and the fact that we're not filling up on fats and empty carb calories!
Wayz - get back on that wagon! We're having a competition remember!

Your right Lynne, one thing I have found is my energy levels have been brilliant since I have been on exante. Only once or twice I have felt a little light headed over the last couple of weeks. I have been much more mentally brighter too. To see the effect all those carbs had on my workmates was a real eye opener to me. They almost looked like they had been drugged..all of them looked paler and began to yawn and their eyes even looked watery..(even the skinnyminnies) They all complained of being too warm too and that the room was stuffy and opened the door. I was quite chilly. Before my exante journey started I was the one turning the fan on and opening the windows, now I am the one putting on a cardigan and complaining about the draughts...I am convinced that low carb is the way to go when i go back to eating.

I am too. I'll definately be going low carb but low carb, not no carb. Apparently it's dangerous to have too much protein too. I guess it is about sticking to well balanced meals.

Hi Goldie. Wow, that's amazing. Not sure I could have done that! I managed 100% today quite easily - probably because I had so much to do and more and more things kept cropping up which meant I didn't have time to think about being hungry! Good idea to hold the baby - kept your hands occupied and less likey to pick up the food. I like your comment about how much awake and alert you felt. It is probably much healthier to be on exante because of all the vitamins and minerals in the food and the fact that we're not filling up on fats and empty carb calories!
Wayz - get back on that wagon! We're having a competition remember!

Thanks both. Yes just got sidetracked preparing three bean enchiladas for family dinner. First a little bit of cheese, then a bit more then a little taste of he cooked dish. Whoops. Tell you what tho I felt flipping awful afterwards, like a lump in my stomach. Don't know about you but I like the light feeling I have when 100%. Just back from Pilates and its a new day tomorrow! Got til 30 July to lose a stone as 11.9 is my target. Need to dig in.

Get stuck in there!!!!

Wayz - you can do it! Another day, another opportunity to achieve 100% and lose more weight!

Thanks both. Running kit out for the morning and off to bed now. 100% tomorrow. Night. Night

Good morning! Day 15 and so glad I didn't give into temptation yesterday with the result of another 0.4lb loss. I must go swimming tonight, haven't been for 3 days now and I wonder if the swimming gives me a wee weight loss boost as my stats seem to show a bigger loss the morning after a swim. Will definitely go tonight to see if it makes a difference tomorrow...have a great 100% day everyone!!

Day 15 nearly done..was busy at work so not too difficult a day. Had a swim on the way home and going to the cinema tonight so that should fill the hours in until bedtime. I have to admit I am getting a bit bored with the shakes so have ordered some porridge soups and carbonara through ******* deal to give me a little variety..looking forward to having something hot and savoury!! They all had magnums today and didn't offer me one and I asked they why and they said 'sure, you don't eat anymore'....I think they are getting the message!! lol!

Sounds like you had a good day today. What did you see at the cinema? I've had a really busy one + I fell off the wagon but not as badly as I could have done. Night night.

Day 16 and another 0.4lb loss..looks like the weight loss is slowing a little as expected but still happy that it is going the right way..you would never get these results with other diets (mind you, they aren't as tough!) Last full day 100% before I go away for a couple of nights and already a little nervous about keeping to plan..I know that if I could get away without offending family if don't go out to a restaurant one of the nights at least so it will be WS for one or two meals. I am going to bring all my shakes and bars for the two days and really really try to stick to 2shakes/1 bar and a ketogenic meal and in my head I am going to think of it as a couple of AAM days to boost my metabolism - hope that mindset sees me through!! Another 100% day ahead..super busy at work and a swim on the way home from work will hopefully see me through. Best of luck and Lynne consider your day an 80% one..its all good...we ARE in control of our eating, it is NOT in control of us!! keep battling on!

Day 16 nearly done and dusted...went for a swim on my way home and now having a banana shake...work tomorrow then away for 2 days. Still have to pack and get stuff ready but going to make sure I have enough exante supplies to get me through. I really really hope I can manage this diet and don't make poor choices for my WS meals...also scared that it will stimulate my appetite again. I promised myself that i would be completely honest with my diary so fingers crossed I won't be doing the walk of shame come Sunday! :D

Back