Total Solution Last Chance Saloon

Hi Goldie. You're doing really well. Hope your trip away goes well. I'm going to go and pack shortly as I go up to my mum's tomorrow!

Thanks Lynne, best of luck on your trip too and hope your mums operation goes well

Hi Goldie

i have just been reading your diary, you are doing fantastically well. You are the same as me approaching 50 and wanting to do something about our weight once and for all.

i am sure we will be slim jims on our 50th

Too right Shrimp! I can't face the fat and fifty title. I have a lot of close friends that I still have from starting school and there will be a few 50 celebrations over the year, also these women are slim and I want to feel part of the crowd and want to dress up to celebrate rather than hunt for something to wear that makes me feel 'slimmer'. Also I need to get it off for my joints, health and energy. I have also 2 big weddings to attend. Lots of reasons that I can't hide away from the obligatory photographs!:eek:

Day 17 and the result is...another 1lb off since yesterday so my swim worked!! Looks like no swim + 100% = 0.4lbs/swim + 100% = 1lb. No contest really, got to keep the swimming up! Now the real test to my willpower begins..today will be a working solution day...3 products + 200cal meal. What ON EARTH am I going to manage to eat that only contains 200 cals in a restaurant!!! I am going to have a look on the exante website for ketosis recipes. This is not a big celebration meal or anything, just taking my daughter out for tea so she will understand if I eat light but need to take her out as I haven't seen her for a few weeks. I am thinking maybe a tuna steak and salad or chicken and salad or maybe just choosing a ketosis friendly starter. If there is a lower cal soup I could have that and leave the bread on the side. I am going to try to repeat the mantra "You can do this, you are in control, food does not control how you behave". Time will tell. Won't be able to weigh in until Sunday and I hope I am able to stay in control. Hope everyone has a great day:D

Well...back home today and it is confession time..left on Thursday and was 100% which was good...didn't use any packs on friday but stuck to low carb so considered that a success but yesterday is a write off!!! (yes, I am doing the walk of shame :break_diet:) went shopping and there was a stall giving out free samples of fajitas so thought..why not..not too many carbs in a tortilla...yep you have guessed it...complete fail :cry:...ended up going for lunch (more fajitas), then ben and jerrys at the cinema rounded off with dominos later that night!! It was as if a switchin my head said "Ahh you've broken it today, sure you are on a wee break and all hell broke loose, there were doritos thrown in at some point!!! I am pretty sure I have ruined all my efforts earlier these week. Back on for a 100% day today and already the hunger button has been pressed and I am starving!! Only brightener is that my new supplies of exante arrived when I was away and this time i have ordered some carbonara and porridge so maybe that will ease me back in. I am not going down without an fight. weigh in for week 3 on Monday and if it is a low number i will have to live with that (no choice). i have come on to confess all my sins as promised and in to give me motivation to get back on the wagon today rather than wait until tomorrow. Here's hoping I have not done too much damage. Going to take the dog for a walk now and a big swim later to see if I can burn some of the calories off although i only think a triathlon could help at this moment in time. Just got to keep trying!!

Thank goodness 100% TS today. Had a bar, carbonara, porridge and just back from a long swim but I fear it is not going to be enough to make up for falling off the wagon...why oh why did I not manage to stay on plan. I would be getting excited for the week 3 weigh in instead of dreading it! Ah well, the important thing is that I dusted myself down and got back on it today. No food is worth the feeling of failure..I have got to remember that when another event pops up and it will!! Crossing all my fingers and toes for the morning..even an STS would be welcome at this point. I know that it is probably only water weight but it is still disappointing when I think of all the willpower I had to use with all the work temptation goodies last week.

Day 22 and with my 2 days of eating last week (1 of which was a carb frenzy) means that I put back on those couple of pounds and the grand total of weight loss in week 3 is nothing!! I could kick myself. I was right to be worried as while I can lose weight quickly my body can also put weight on at a frightening rate. But, I am down but not out. Going to keep going but am going to really try to stay off the scales for a few days to give myself a chance to see the numbers move to help motivate me. If the weight is naturally going to slow now I don't want to feel demotivated. I think I will aim for twice weekly weighing (Thursdays and Mondays). I am not out of the race yet..another 100% day ahead and nothing is going to stop me. Off work today and meeting a friend for lunch (I am bringing a bar..she is very understanding). I'll check in with you all later!:)

Come on Goldiei we can do this. I have had a couple of STS weeks but getting right back on it helps.

i bet you will have lost by Thursday

Looks like I have got another 100% day completed. Even went out to a restaurant and had my bar and a fizzy water when my friend ate a big meal without too much bother. I had the carbonara for dinner but it made me feel really hungry (I wonder if it is because it tastes so salty?) Feeling a little more in control today...yes, Shrimp we CAN do this!!!!

Day 23 begins...had some difficult moments yesterday but pushed on through and feeling positive. Managed to resist the call of the scale and have had my first pint of water (know I won't get on them now as I have had a big drink). Really going to try to wait a few days before I weigh to give myself a mental boost. Pouring with rain here today so poor dog isn't getting a walk this morning until it clears up. On holiday at the minute so don't have work to distract me during the day. Going to have a banana shake now. Have a great day everyone!

Oh for heavens sake!!! Ended up having a wedge of quiche and some crisps for dinner!!! No exante for me tonight. I am going to just stick to the shakes and bars as i think that the carbonara and soup just make me hungry...was doing really well today until 5pm. I have been off work and it has been raining solidly all day..couldn't even get motivated to get into the spring cleaning I had planned. Need to get busy tomorrow..I didn't realise how much being at work has helped me to stay on plan. Boredom eating is my downfall...tomorrow will be better..going to make sure that I keep busy....I'm not going to let this beat me...plenty of water tonight and fingers crossed I haven't blown all my hard work!!!!:mad:

Hi Goldie. It's difficult to get back on and stay on track again after a bit of a blip. You just have to take each day at a time. I find that the more days I manage to stay 100% the easier it becomes but getting past those first few days is really hard. Today was my first 100% day since Saturday and I'm sat freezing yet again! I'm keeping a daily record of my weight and whether I stick to 100% until my holiday now to try to stay on track. Finger crossed it works - otherwise I'll have nothing to wear!

I started the Ts yesterday and have just about managed the urge to eat food! i have a rumbly tummy and a hankering for some toast but i'm determined to stick with it for as long as possible, i am finding it hard to drink all the water it recommends will this make any difference to the weight loss?

Hi, I think it does make a difference although I struggle to drink enough. The main thing I find is that I get headaches if I don't drink enough.

Day 24....yes you are right with the water. At work I was bringing a 2 litre bottle of water with me and my goal was to make sure it was finished before I went home. I probably think I have been drinking more water than I actually have been. Going to fill 2 bottles today to make sure I drink enough today. I am going to plan to drink 3 shakes today (no bar, carbonara or soup) to see if that gives me a push in the right direction. Have planned my day today..first thing is a long walk with the dog (looks like it has finally stopped raining); then ironing; then tackle the bathroom for the big spring clean; then have few things to do in town; then a big swim. That should fill my day nicely! ...will check in later. yes, today I WILL be 100%..I have to be. i know how you feel about the clothes for the holiday. I have a dress to wear to this wedding and I need to be a size smaller before it fits comfortably and I can't afford at this stage to buy another one!!!!

managed to get through another daY AT 100% food wise...alcohol wise is a different matter...got very excited about Andy Murray getting into the semi finals and had couple of drinks (not a couple ...4 large vodkas with coke zero). to be honest, I am a bit annoyed now as my daughter came home from work and started to tease me about posting on minimins about what I have been writing about, She kept winding me up about my comments and hinting that she knew my log in details..we always joke each other so I think that her insensitivity is not malicious but it has rocked me a bit as I am quite a private person. It is important to me to have an outlet to talk to people who have a similar mindset and now feel that I have been betrayed a bit...so I may not be posting as much as I have done or need to work out another way. I love her very much but my weight issues and dieting failures with her are a long saga.....

Last edited:
Back